• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: LETS DO THIS

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
What? He's supposed to block those two guys and play QB? Two guys coming unblocked isn't on Andy. Matter of fact, a lot of what went wrong here wasn't. Pathetic showing by the whole team. Giving up on the run (again) cost them (again).

Sure, Dalton didn't make (m)any major mistakes this time around, but his major limitations are a big part of what caused this.

In the past, they've put the game on his shoulders, and he's fallen flat. Today, the entire offensive game plan was designed (limited) to protect him.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this team. They all deserve to be strapped to an ACME rocket, and launched into the sun.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire last month of the season was designed to protect Andy. You give the guy 100 million (I realize it's not all real money) and then you go out of your way to protect him like he is Ryan Lindley. Doesn't make sense, does it?

That first Pittsburgh game was the last time we let him throw the ball. Lebeau knew this..... He started rolling safeties up to stop the run. He did this even though he knew his defensive backs were shit -- He simply wasn't scared.

Unfortunately we had a lot of players hurt. This will be a convenient excuse to run it back again next season. We'll likely win 10 games again and never really contend for anything other than a division title. Rinse and repeat.

Gypsumstack

Hoopla Cash
$ 945.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year I see the Bengals somehow finding a way to win a first round bye, then getting their asses handed to them at home after a week's rest.

That is, or course, if there are still going to be two first round byes per conference next season.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should have a reasonably difficult schedule again, after making the playoffs.

but, should have a better than average team, somehow. good, but not great.

It's the new who dey.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should have a reasonably difficult schedule again, after making the playoffs.

but, should have a better than average team, somehow. good, but not great.

It's the new who dey.

3-4 wins in the division. Seems par for the course.

Home:

KC
SD
STL.
Seattle
Houston

Tough home schedule. St. Louis was very good down the stretch, Seattle will laugh at us and KC and SD are similar to us in that they are good with flaws.

Away:

Denver
Oakland
Arizona
San Francisco
Buffalo

Potentially very easy road schedule. Arizona will be good if they don't start their 5th quarterback. Denver might stink if Peyton is done. Oakland always stinks, Buffalo doesn't even own a Dalton and San Francisco might be rebuilding.

Yep..... Looks like another 10-6 and a one and done. Who Dey!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long NFC South & hello NFC West! You lucky bastards don't have to play in Seattle next season... Steelers & Browns drew the short straw on that one

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long NFC South & hello NFC West! You lucky bastards don't have to play in Seattle next season... Steelers & Browns drew the short straw on that one

Funny how Pitt & Cin both played a part in one another's playoff losses.

Bengals took out Bell.

Steelers took out Green (Granted, this probably wouldn't have mattered, but still)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how Pitt & Cin both played a part in one another's playoff losses.

Bengals took out Bell.

Steelers took out Green (Granted, this probably wouldn't have mattered, but still)

Yea that definitely hurt... Pretty obvious that both were sorely missed. But I wouldn't put the blame for PIT's loss solely on not having Bell... They flat out got beat in all 3 phases. The O-line was getting dominated so Bell wouldn't have helped much. Having him for short intermediate throws would have helped the most.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, the Bengals will either have to improve or get exposed.

that's not a cake schedule.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that definitely hurt... Pretty obvious that both were sorely missed. But I wouldn't put the blame for PIT's loss solely on not having Bell... They flat out got beat in all 3 phases. The O-line was getting dominated so Bell wouldn't have helped much. Having him for short intermediate throws would have helped the most.

Yeah, Agreed, but I really think that Bell would have still helped the running game. Like you said, he certainly would have been there for a lot of those medium passes that he excelled at all season. I thought the first drive, Pitt looked really good using Tate, as he had a nice run, and then had a few catches, if I remember correctly.

After that, though, it seemed like they really got away from that and instead went to the extreme with passing. I realize Bell was out, but I think they could have still done a bit more with the running game.

I think the big play, to me, was the TD where Harrison had Flacco sacked, and he somehow completely whiffed. At first I thought he got held or blocked in the back, but upon review it didn't seem that anything happened that would have prevented him from getting to Flacco...he simply misjudged and fell down leading to the TD pass.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Agreed, but I really think that Bell would have still helped the running game. Like you said, he certainly would have been there for a lot of those medium passes that he excelled at all season. I thought the first drive, Pitt looked really good using Tate, as he had a nice run, and then had a few catches, if I remember correctly.

After that, though, it seemed like they really got away from that and instead went to the extreme with passing. I realize Bell was out, but I think they could have still done a bit more with the running game.

I think the big play, to me, was the TD where Harrison had Flacco sacked, and he somehow completely whiffed. At first I thought he got held or blocked in the back, but upon review it didn't seem that anything happened that would have prevented him from getting to Flacco...he simply misjudged and fell down leading to the TD pass.

it always helps to have a big play guy with the ball as often as possible. It's pure mathematics, you give someone who has potential to break off a large gain the ball enough times, and he'll give you a large gain.