• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Les Snead has two WR's in mind for pick 16

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hands down it's Tavon Austin and Andre Hopkins. Seeing how the NY Jets will select Austin at 13. You heard it first. "With the 16th pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams select DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson." After seeing that segment on ESPN last night, this kid could be a steal!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEB. the Jets may very well pick Austin with the 13th pick, I wouldn't if I was them but they might. Jets couldn't sack grandma last season and if they don't pick Sanchez's replacement, I would be surprised. Geno Smith could go to the Jets at #13 easy. One thing I will bet on is that Hopkins doesn't go #16. Way to high for him or Patterson or Allen or any receiver other than Austin. The reason Austin gets the nod is his special team skills also. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't draft Austin #16 either.

TEB11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
blue, I prolly shouldn't be so firm on my prediction 'cause you know someone will make a trade and screw everything up. I am worried about the 49ers, they are dangerous in the draft with all the spread out selections they have!

RAM-N-IT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the past 2 years we get a reciever lined up only to have him snatched up by a team who trades up.

Hope we get a top notch reciever with one of our No.1 picks.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Pollian and Eric Mangini were actually pretty low on Tavon Austin, the later of which was low on Austin to the Jets specifically due to the fact that they'll need someone who 'can contribute on every play'

I do think we are telegraphing the Deandre Hopkins pick. 16 seems a bit high but he could contribute right away

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been singing the praises of this kid Hopkins for quite a while. No one seemed interested. I guess his stock is going up.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree TEB about the 4whinners being dangerous, so are the Seahags and the Rams do need to hit high marks in the the draft big to keep up. Clayton makes a great point about Austin and the Jets, they need every down players, not to say that Austin can't help them but they are in worse shape than the Rams at the moment. You are right about predicting the draft, too many things can and most likely will happen to say who goes anywhere. Really only the Chiefs know anything at this point, do they select the OT or trade out? They know that answer and no one know anything else.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEB & RAM-N-IT & Blue - Yes, we have been outmaneuvered recently on draft day but we rebounded quickly last year. My take on the recent SportsHoopla regarding Hopkins is that we will take a WR at #16 and it will be Austin or Hopkins. It is plain for everybody to see that WR is our #1 priority.

The good news is that no one will trade ahead of us to get Hopkins with Patterson, Hunter, Woods, and Allen still available.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if austin isn't there i would get Valcardo and trade the 2nd to a team that wants a qb in the bottom of the first ._. maybe bills?

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if austin isn't there i would get Valcardo and trade the 2nd to a team that wants a qb in the bottom of the first ._. maybe bills?

I don't see the rams trading out of there 2 first round picks.. If any trade were to occur it would be to move up I feel.

I would be upset If Rams reached for Deandre Hopkins at 16.. He can be a good WR but I can't see him being a Star or elite player. If Austin is not there at 16 look for them to Take Vaccaro, if Kenny's gone look for Warmack or Cooper if there still available. If all 4 above mentioned are gone I feel Rams will select Alec Ogletee OLB Georgia. Ogletree is a top 10 talent with multiple red flags and concerns. But Fisher does well most of the time with young troublesome players.. Also I wouldn't be shocked if Rams take Lacy 22nd overall if no one else they seem to like is available.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I want Hopkins at #16. Sammy Wadkins who is probably the best amateur WR in the world was opposite Hopkins the past 2 years. I want Wadkins next year for sure, but Hopkins is not 1st talent IMO. If we cannot get Tavon Austin (and I think he will be gone around 8-12) we need to go OG, OLB or Safety. BPA all day!

Don't start reaching. There is no elite WR prospect in this draft. Next year there will be at least 2!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I want Hopkins at #16. Sammy Wadkins who is probably the best amateur WR in the world was opposite Hopkins the past 2 years. I want Wadkins next year for sure, but Hopkins is not 1st talent IMO. If we cannot get Tavon Austin (and I think he will be gone around 8-12) we need to go OG, OLB or Safety. BPA all day!

Don't start reaching. There is no elite WR prospect in this draft. Next year there will be at least 2!

Sammy Watkins may have been the best WR on their team, but look at how DeAndre played when Watkins didn't play.

13 catches - 119 yards (9.2) - 1 TD
6 catches - 105 yards (17.5) - 3 TDs
11 catches - 197 yards (17.9) - 1 TD
13 catches - 191 yards (14.7) - 2 TDs against LSU in a bowl game he completely dominated.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those first 3 games were against who? Auburn - awful secondary, Ball St., and Furman. They were without Sammy Wadkins the first few games of the season.

And the bowl games versus LSU... Sure with Sammy Wadkins opposite getting the double teams. DeAndre had a good year and a solid Clemson offense.

Don't get me wrong, Hopkins is pretty good, but sorry DeAndre is still not a 1st rounder. I watched alot of college football and Clemson's offense was pretty good - all around no doubt. But Hopkins is not a elite WR and should NOT be reached for. That would be a big mistake.

He will be gone by the early 2nd most likely. Too many good/average WR's in this draft comparable to Hopkins.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those first 3 games were against who? Auburn - awful secondary, Ball St., and Furman. They were without Sammy Wadkins the first few games of the season.

And the bowl games versus LSU... Sure with Sammy Wadkins opposite getting the double teams. DeAndre had a good year and a solid Clemson offense.

Don't get me wrong, Hopkins is pretty good, but sorry DeAndre is still not a 1st rounder. I watched alot of college football and Clemson's offense was pretty good - all around no doubt. But Hopkins is not a elite WR and should NOT be reached for. That would be a big mistake.

He will be gone by the early 2nd most likely. Too many good/average WR's in this draft comparable to Hopkins.

Watkins missed the bowl game. He got injured on the second play from scrimmage and didn't return.

The four games without Sammy Watkins were Auburn, Ball State, Boston College, and LSU. Tahj Boyd and DeAndre Hopkins carried that team.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no doubt that offense was good. And DeAndre had a great year. I didn't know Wadkins got hurt. I'm just not sure DeAndre is elite when compared to other players at other positions. At #16, we need a stud. Not a hopeful. DeAndre has good size, but his speed is not elite.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Marques Lee alot more than Watkins. Still point is there are alot of talented WRs coming out next year and with two more first round picks in 2014 it would be silly for the rams to reach for one this year. Especially with other glaring holes such as Safety. If Austin falls take him if not plug up some other holes.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquus Lee is a bad man too. Wadkins is a little bigger/stronger. I'd take either next year. And I agree, no reason to reach. Let's take what the draft gives us - BPA and put together the puzzle piece by piece.