• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Les Miles to Iowa

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think the whole 'Gruden' thing stems from the plain and simple fact that he is always on tv. He has so much exposure that everyone fawns over the guy. Not that he wouldn't be a good coach, but the unrealistic expectations that he is a step in and lead your team to a title hire comes from him constantly being on tv and talking football.
yes, that is the thing, everyone for whatever reason wants Gruden and thinks he is the greatest coach of all time and will instantly get your team to national title competition. Ain't no way. Will he be good? Sure he would, probably get to 9 wins a year or more.

But at LSU, is he really going to do any better than Miles?

LSU has one problem and it is Alabama in the SEC West. Until Saban leaves and Alabama gets knocked down a peg, LSU will be their second fiddle. No new coach is going to change that.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although I would like Gruden to coach LSU or any team again to get him off MNF, I don't get the want for this guy. He won a super bowl with someone elses players and did nothing since then.

if LSU fires Miles to get any of those other coaches listed then LSU is stupid, because those other coaches are not nearly as good as Miles, nor are they SEC tested.

And Miles won a BCS championship with someone else's players....Then he lost a BCS championship when he faced that same someone else's players...

....since then he hasn't done shit.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, that is the thing, everyone for whatever reason wants Gruden and thinks he is the greatest coach of all time and will instantly get your team to national title competition. Ain't no way. Will he be good? Sure he would, probably get to 9 wins a year or more.

But at LSU, is he really going to do any better than Miles?

LSU has one problem and it is Alabama in the SEC West. Until Saban leaves and Alabama gets knocked down a peg, LSU will be their second fiddle. No new coach is going to change that.
Don't deny that, but you also have to consider the SEC West is evolving and LSU is becoming less relevant. Hugh Freeze at Ole Miss and Brett Bielma at Arky have beaten Miles 2 out of 3 along with Saban owning him. It is a large culmination of factors moving Miles out. Like I said it is a damn risky move but is it better to play it safe and watch the ship sink, or is it better to at least try and plug the hole while bailing out the ship?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Miles won a BCS championship with someone else's players....Then he lost a BCS championship when he faced that same someone else's players...

....since then he hasn't done shit.
he has consistently won what? 10-11 games a year?

He has one problem, Nick Saban and Alabama.....Guess what, any coach is going to have that problem.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't deny that, but you also have to consider the SEC West is evolving and LSU is becoming less relevant. Hugh Freeze at Ole Miss and Brett Bielma at Arky have beaten Miles 2 out of 3 along with Saban owning him. It is a large culmination of factors moving Miles out. Like I said it is a damn risky move but is it better to play it safe and watch the ship sink, or is it better to at least try and plug the hole while bailing out the ship?
I haven't been paying attention to your argument with Nebraska fans, and maybe what I am about to post is what has caused your little argument, but.....

LSU needs to look at what Nebraska has done, firing two 9 win coaches thinking the grass is always greener.

be very very careful.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Board Ref

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DRBcJgN.gif

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been paying attention to your argument with Nebraska fans, and maybe what I am about to post is what has caused your little argument, but.....

LSU needs to look at what Nebraska has done, firing two 9 win coaches thinking the grass is always greener.

be very very careful.
Actually it has nothing to do with the Nebraska argument. I completely agree with you, it could be a very stupid move. I am in the mindset that something needs to be done. If it is a mistake then LSU gets what they deserve, but if it works then awesome for the Tigers. The Nebraska debate is due to Red Alert lacking reading comprehension skills, avoiding relevant discussion, and drastically changing the topic to make himself think he is winning an argument despite it being completely irrelevant. I am saying 1+1=2 and hes saying the sky is blue. Well yes jack ass, the sky is blue but let the big boys talk about the relevant topic.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has consistently won what? 10-11 games a year?

He has one problem, Nick Saban and Alabama.....Guess what, any coach is going to have that problem.

We have the same talent. It's how you coach them up to college level from H.S. ball and give them discipline and guidance in their position.

Saban is a good coach....with a lot of talented recruiting classes year after year.

LSU gets them too. We have the best signing class this coming year.

Saban's poop.png stinks too....

Don't fool yourself !

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have the same talent. It's how you coach them up to college level from H.S. ball and give them discipline and guidance in their position.

Saban is a good coach....with a lot of talented recruiting classes year after year.

LSU gets them too. We have the best signing class this coming year.

Saban's View attachment 55603 stinks too....

Don't fool yourself !

well if you guys have the top recruiting class this year, what a disaster to fire Miles and risk losing a lot of those players.

Also, you have that 15 mil contract to buy it.

If you have that good of a recruiting class it might be best to just eat it for one more year with Miles, make sure you keep that class AND after next year there is a little less money to buyout.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you also wont be competing with USC, Miami, and others in the coaching search.

Next year you might just have Texas to compete with.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you also wont be competing with USC, Miami, and others in the coaching search.

Next year you might just have Texas to compete with.
Agreed, but if Miles really was planning on leaving in 2016 what is to say he won't mail it in. We saw Spurrier quit mid season and other coaches get fired. If a change is inevitable why not make it sooner rather than later? They are trying to stay ahead of the curb.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, but if Miles really was planning on leaving in 2016 what is to say he won't mail it in. We saw Spurrier quit mid season and other coaches get fired. If a change is inevitable why not make it sooner rather than later? They are trying to stay ahead of the curb.
if he is mailing it in next year, regardless of when he steps away you get that recruiting class. AND if he walks away that's even better as you wont have to pay him off.

Consider next year the set up year for the future.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he is mailing it in next year, regardless of when he steps away you get that recruiting class. AND if he walks away that's even better as you wont have to pay him off.

Consider next year the set up year for the future.
Fair enough but what about the guys you have on the team including Fournette. They deserve to be put in an opportunity to win next season. Next years team was supposed to be our run at a title. However true that may or may not be is kind of irrelevant, but with all the guys from next years junior class, we were supposed to be competing for a playoff spot.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if you guys have the top recruiting class this year, what a disaster to fire Miles and risk losing a lot of those players.

Also, you have that 15 mil contract to buy it.

If you have that good of a recruiting class it might be best to just eat it for one more year with Miles, make sure you keep that class AND after next year there is a little less money to buyout.

Pocket change. LSU is a school with money where football is concerned. They are not afraid to spend it.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pocket change. LSU is a school with money where football is concerned. They are not afraid to spend it.
LSU is one of I believe 12 athletic departments that make a profit. LSU makes about 60 million a year, and is the only school that actually donates 8 million a year back to the school. Not sure how this kind of buyout impacts that.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are hiring Saban from Alabama, this isn't going to be a positive move.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are hiring Saban from Alabama, this isn't going to be a positive move.
That is the thing OD. I sit here agreeing with you, yet I still do not want him walking the sidelines next season. It makes zero sense, but I have lost all faith in him. After 1-9-12, all fans have been on edge. He is stubborn in his ways and his ways have sucked the past 2 years.