• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Les Miles to Iowa

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although firing Miles will require a $15 million buyout, the Tigers have promised that this will not be a problem for them. Although Miles has not lost his job, LSU has already been linked to big-name head coaches such as Florida State’s Jimbo Fisher, Clemson’s Dabo Swinney, TCU’s Gary Patterson and former NFL coach Jon Gruden.

Gruden has not returned to coaching since being fired by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2008, and he has served as an NFL commentator for ESPN since. He has proven to be qualified since he led the Buccaneers to a Super Bowl victory after leading the Oakland Raiders to two double-digit win seasons. It is hard to imagine him leaving his current job for the LSU position, but many LSU fans have become fed up with their team under-achieving in recent seasons under Miles.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although firing Miles will require a $15 million buyout, the Tigers have promised that this will not be a problem for them. Although Miles has not lost his job, LSU has already been linked to big-name head coaches such as Florida State’s Jimbo Fisher, Clemson’s Dabo Swinney, TCU’s Gary Patterson and former NFL coach Jon Gruden.

Gruden has not returned to coaching since being fired by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2008, and he has served as an NFL commentator for ESPN since. He has proven to be qualified since he led the Buccaneers to a Super Bowl victory after leading the Oakland Raiders to two double-digit win seasons. It is hard to imagine him leaving his current job for the LSU position, but many LSU fans have become fed up with their team under-achieving in recent seasons under Miles.
Like I said talk is cheap. I can name any name possible and say that person should be a candidate. Doesn't mean shit though if all we're doing is naming coaching. You can also throw out Bill Belicheick, Nick Saban, and Urban Meyers names too but we have just as good of a chance as hiring the man on the moon.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotcha. I remembered the early 2000's a bit, but I was young then. Around 2003 I was old enough to watch and follow all the games, but I was still a kind of young. Details like that unless it pertains to my team slips my mind.

Well that explains everything. I've been bantering with an ignorant child. :L

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that explains everything. I've been bantering with an ignorant child. :L
Nothing to be ignorant of. Nebraska use to be relevant (emphasis on past tense) and now they are not.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's LSU's next coach

bo_at_lsu.jpg

18s12ioap8ctfjpg.jpg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to be ignorant of. Nebraska use to be relevant (emphasis on past tense) and now they are not.

You have zero fucking credibility youngster. NONE!!!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah come on, he's alright. Unless he demanded his email notifications work,...then....:thumbsdown:

He's an ignorant punk kid.

It all makes sense now why he lacks even the most logical thought process. I thought the guy had at least lived a little. He's still in momma's basement :L

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an ignorant punk kid.

It all makes sense now why he lacks even the most logical thought process. I thought the guy had at least lived a little. He's still in momma's basement :L
Says the "man" who lacks basic reading comprehension skills.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Nebraska's credibility is on par with Wake Forest, Connecticut, and UCF?

You're a pimply faced punk teenage kid who's still wet behind the ears. That is fucking hilarious.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a pimply faced punk teenage kid who's still wet behind the ears. That is fucking hilarious.
Meh I have nothing to prove to a self righteous old fuck that doesn't know how to stay on task of an argument. Continue living in the 'good ole days' when Nebraska was relevant or at least wait till time machines are invented so you can enjoy those days again. Otherwise, pull up a rocking chair you'll be waiting a while.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although I would like Gruden to coach LSU or any team again to get him off MNF, I don't get the want for this guy. He won a super bowl with someone elses players and did nothing since then.

if LSU fires Miles to get any of those other coaches listed then LSU is stupid, because those other coaches are not nearly as good as Miles, nor are they SEC tested.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Board Ref

LMFAO!!!!

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
although I would like Gruden to coach LSU or any team again to get him off MNF, I don't get the want for this guy. He won a super bowl with someone elses players and did nothing since then.

if LSU fires Miles to get any of those other coaches listed then LSU is stupid, because those other coaches are not nearly as good as Miles, nor are they SEC tested.
Honestly I think the whole 'Gruden' thing stems from the plain and simple fact that he is always on tv. He has so much exposure that everyone fawns over the guy. Not that he wouldn't be a good coach, but the unrealistic expectations that he is a step in and lead your team to a title hire comes from him constantly being on tv and talking football.