• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Leonard Fournette

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. The Jags tried to trade him but didn't get any interest which makes me believe the guy isn't a good teammate. I think our RB's are gonna light it up this year as the group stands now(barring injury).

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which makes me believe the guy isn't a good teammate. I think our RB's are gonna light it up this year as the group stands now(barring injury).

Never been an issue for Bill.

I think RB will be a strong position as well, but I also think Fournette brings a lot more to the field than Lamar Miller.

Or Sony Michel.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been an issue for Bill.

I think RB will be a strong position as well, but I also think Fournette brings a lot more to the field than Lamar Miller.

Or Sony Michel.
That's not true about Bill. The issue is working with diva's and Bill has been successful because he keeps a short leash. Randy Moss wasn't an issue until he was. Bill actually gave him a pretty long leash, but Moss hit the end and it was "Hello Again Vikings"... Corey Dillon never went back to his diva ways while Albert Haynesworth never stopped and was quickly shipped out.

I think Moss was a different kind of Diva than most. He had an expectation about money and that wasn't met. Wes had the exact same issue but stayed quieter about it. Both deserved more money as each set impressive records.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true about Bill. The issue is working with diva's and Bill has been successful because he keeps a short leash. Randy Moss wasn't an issue until he was. Bill actually gave him a pretty long leash, but Moss hit the end and it was "Hello Again Vikings"... Corey Dillon never went back to his diva ways while Albert Haynesworth never stopped and was quickly shipped out.

I think Moss was a different kind of Diva than most. He had an expectation about money and that wasn't met. Wes had the exact same issue but stayed quieter about it. Both deserved more money as each set impressive records.

Yes. And no.
Moss was team friendly and worked his ass off till the end but started wanting more money before his contract was up.
He was 2 years into a 3 year $25 mil contract and then insulted RK.
Cory Dillon was a great Patriot, and Haynesworth couldn't lay off the Dunkin Donuts or anything made by Hostess long enough to get a good workout in.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like many of these situations, I never trust my own feelings and just say "In Bill we trust".

Agreed but If he can get a 1 year very cheap prove it deal, we can get a comp pick in 2021.

Next Cory Dillon is pretty far off.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SSSSSSSSHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't say anything.................................

he's here....................

don't tell anyone, just ignore him and maybe he'll just go away.................................

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think RB is a need

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think RB is a need
Any upgrade is an upgrade, but the question is "at what cost?".

At a fundamental level I agree with you. I was disappointed we didn't see more of Harris last year, and am anticipating good things from him this year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd be a great addition inside the red zone. He's like Corey Dillon, big, fast and powerful.

I'd sign him for 1 year at $3-4M and see what he brought to what could be a decent offense

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any upgrade is an upgrade, but the question is "at what cost?".

At a fundamental level I agree with you. I was disappointed we didn't see more of Harris last year, and am anticipating good things from him this year.
I don't see him as an upgrade either. The Pats are pretty stacked at the position and the RB group is dynamic with varying skill sets. I just do not see a need IMO it's a waste of slot. Why not target a DT or any other position of need O Line perhaps.

This won't happen IMO and it shouldn't

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see him as an upgrade either. The Pats are pretty stacked at the position and the RB group is dynamic with varying skill sets. I just do not see a need IMO it's a waste of slot. Why not target a DT or any other position of need O Line perhaps.

This won't happen IMO and it shouldn't
I agree, it won't happen, but between this conversation or picking my ass I chose this conversation.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Patriots Wire....................

Ultimately, Fournette makes little sense as a possible target for the Patriots. Sure, the LSU product is talented and coming off a bounce-back season in which he displayed improved pass-catching abilities, but he still isn’t a great fit. Plus, attitude issues have followed Fournette throughout his career, though it’s not as if the Patriots are as strict on such matters as they used to be.

The presumed backfield of Damien Harris, who apparently has starred during training camp, Sony Michel, Rex Burkhead and James White has a chance to be among the best in football. You could argue Fournette, when considering all factors, isn’t an upgrade over any of the aforementioned four players.

Plus, the Patriots need receivers and pass-rushers, not running backs.