• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legion

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Series premier right now. I've seen the previews forever.. any opinions? Sorry if this is a :badmin:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed episode one. I never read any Marvel comics which featured Legion, and don't know much about him other than he (David) is professor Charles Xavier's son, and that he possesses lots of mutant powers, each one tied to a separate personality.

At first I assumed that Syd, the girl who couldn't be touched was Rogue, but I guess not... apparently she is similar to Rogue? She was wearing gloves when she pulled David from the pool.

I look forward to the remaining 7 episodes of Season One.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just watching it now, so I have no time read any of the posts here yet. But my first 10 minute reaction...

Holy shit, Aubrey Plaza looks different! I had no idea she was in this.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit too artsy-fartsy for my tastes. I will stick with it, and I expect I will like it. But right now...

Meh

And was that Paul Beteny doing the voice of the alarm while the hospital was "blowing up", or whatever it was doing? I am almost certain that was him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it a lot so far. I'm not sure how much it'll actually tie into the X-Men universe though. A lot of the characters appear to be new.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched my recording today. Looks interesting so far. Definitely some weird artsy shit going on that isn't really necessary but that will probably just help it stay on the air. Looking forward to this one. I'll be honest, part of my interest in this show is just the weird thing I have for Aubrey Plaza but it legitimately does seem pretty intriguing after one episode.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some weird shit. Gonna give it a couple more episodes, still has potential

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never dropped acid before but this episode, Hello!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched my recording today. Looks interesting so far. Definitely some weird artsy shit going on that isn't really necessary but that will probably just help it stay on the air. Looking forward to this one. I'll be honest, part of my interest in this show is just the weird thing I have for Aubrey Plaza but it legitimately does seem pretty intriguing after one episode.

Actually...I kinda think it is necessary. Those weird, artsy, trippy parts are suppose to give you a sense of David's state of mind. It's to make you question exactly what is and isn't real.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought it was well shot. Didn't know this was a marvel property until afterward. Don't want to find out anymore. Coming into it with no knowledge, I liked how they kept going back and forth with the timelines of what was going on to try and get you in similar headspace of what is really going on right now.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked it. Have no I idea what actually happened though.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually...I kinda think it is necessary. Those weird, artsy, trippy parts are suppose to give you a sense of David's state of mind. It's to make you question exactly what is and isn't real.

Thumbs up.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well...yeah. I'm not sure I'd classify the parts where he's tripping out as artsy. That's just a guy seeing some weird shit because he's got weird shit going on in his head. I'm talking more about "Hey look, everybody's dancing around like in a Bollywood movie for two minutes". It ain't hurting anything but it doesn't exactly need to be there either.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched the second episode last night. It's a good show and not as straight forward as the other superhero shows out there. I am trying to figure out who is real and who isn't. I don't think Syd is real. I don't think Lenny ( I think that's her name) is real.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched the second episode last night. It's a good show and not as straight forward as the other superhero shows out there. I am trying to figure out who is real and who isn't. I don't think Syd is real. I don't think Lenny ( I think that's her name) is real.

Well, if Syd is real then so has to be Lenny(at least until the incident)... and I am not sure how Syd can not be real as they explained her role to well for her to be fake...

But we really don't know anything yet, even the things that he sees that aren't there might be there in a different dimension... We don't know his powers yet, and we don't know how accurate to the comics they will be...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Syd is real then so has to be Lenny(at least until the incident)... and I am not sure how Syd can not be real as they explained her role to well for her to be fake...

But we really don't know anything yet, even the things that he sees that aren't there might be there in a different dimension... We don't know his powers yet, and we don't know how accurate to the comics they will be...
my thought on Syd killing Lenny is that Syd and Lenny are in his head, so then killing each other makes a little sense

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my thought on Syd killing Lenny is that Syd and Lenny are in his head, so then killing each other makes a little sense

I need to believe than Syd is real, I don't know how much I can trust a show that lies to me... and they pretty much told us that Syd is real... and so WAS lenny.... but we have no clue if she is real now... she could be a mutant too...

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to believe than Syd is real, I don't know how much I can trust a show that lies to me... and they pretty much told us that Syd is real... and so WAS lenny.... but we have no clue if she is real now... she could be a mutant too...
it just seems funny that Syd gets absolutely no attention in some of those scenes. She is tucked in the corner when David is in that glass room. It's like some Sixth Sense type thing. I just don't know if anyone has talked to her directly besides David

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just seems funny that Syd gets absolutely no attention in some of those scenes. She is tucked in the corner when David is in that glass room. It's like some Sixth Sense type thing. I just don't know if anyone has talked to her directly besides David

I saw that too... and in the first episode thought she was not real too... But the story of how she ended up with the group and rescuing david makes too much sense to be all part of his head... Don't tell me a story, and then tell me it is fake... what exactly does it being fake do?? really nothing we know he is already seeing things, why trick us if there is nothing to gain??

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that too... and in the first episode thought she was not real too... But the story of how she ended up with the group and rescuing david makes too much sense to be all part of his head... Don't tell me a story, and then tell me it is fake... what exactly does it being fake do?? really nothing we know he is already seeing things, why trick us if there is nothing to gain??
fuck if I know. I do kind of love it though. The show has me questioning so much that I am enjoying it.

The Eye is a jive looking motherfucker, though.