• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legion

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it again, but I kind of feel the last three weeks have been pretty similar. I'd like the real world plot to advance some.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it again, but I kind of feel the last three weeks have been pretty similar. I'd like the real world plot to advance some.
I don't mind artsy, to a point. But this is going too far for my tastes right now. I am not going to abandon it yet, but so far, it is just meh for me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind artsy, to a point. But this is going too far for my tastes right now. I am not going to abandon it yet, but so far, it is just meh for me.

I hear ya... But I think its one of those shows you watch and you don't know whether you like it or not... But you know you are just intrigued towards what you watched...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya... But I think its one of those shows you watch and you don't know whether you like it or not... But you know you are just intrigued towards what you watched...
I am certainly curious. And like I said, I am nowhere close to giving up on it. It just has not established itself as a good show yet for me.

Once the narrative clears up a bit, I suspect rewatching this season will prove to be entertaining.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It did quite a bit in the most recent episode and that's in spite of a good chunk of the episode taking place in the astral plane. You had all that stuff with Amy and Kissenger where we learn that David never had a dog (a big reveal that I'll touch on it a bit), the "X-men" ventured out of the compound to track down clues about David's past and found out a lot, the whole Benny/Lenny reveal, you had David's ex gf make an interesting "they're watching" comment that lets you know she knows far more than we as viewers originally thought, and then there's the stuff with The Eye at the end of the episode. I'd venture to say that episode actually had the most real world plot advancement of any episode so far

In regards to the dog,
I think that could be a big clue. He's clearly in David's head and he talks to him. His name is "King". I think this is gonna be a reference to the Shadow King, who is a main villain for Legion and Xavier in the comics. I'm thinking King/BennyLenny/The Yellow Eyed Devil are all the same thing, the parasite that's trying to control David, its the Shadow King

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a ton of weird shit going on but my biggest questions aren't even related to that.

1. Why were the dudes in armor fighting the dark haired girl fist to fist when seconds earlier they were attempting shooting at her through a window? And she even ended up getting shot anyway. Da fuq

2. How the fuck do you throw a tire iron that accurately? Must be part of that guy's power? Syd does seem to be able to use the powers of the people she switches with. They don't seem to get her power though?

Idk man, the trippy stuff made more sense to me than some of the other shit. Still a cool episode though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a ton of weird shit going on but my biggest questions aren't even related to that.

1. Why were the dudes in armor fighting the dark haired girl fist to fist when seconds earlier they were attempting shooting at her through a window? And she even ended up getting shot anyway. Da fuq

2. How the fuck do you throw a tire iron that accurately? Must be part of that guy's power? Syd does seem to be able to use the powers of the people she switches with. They don't seem to get her power though?

Idk man, the trippy stuff made more sense to me than some of the other shit. Still a cool episode though.

I assume its because they are like Stormtroops and every other basic villain fighting force; they are dumb as fuck

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the pilot. Not bad, but nothing groundbreaking either. I'll stick with it. By the way, nice tracking shot at the end bro:thumb:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without reading any of the comments yet, I just binged the first four episodes today, and I've got to say it's pretty fucking awesome. For a cast of unknowns, they are all pulling their weight. Sure, the guy who plays David (Dan Stevens) isn't Tony Soprano or Walter White, but he doesn't need to be. The storyline, visual effects, and general directing (I mean that tracking shot was useless, but still pretty cool) all make up for it. And for a guy who literally is almost a mute considering how much he talks, the villain is terrifying. Great casting decision with him.

As for a specific comment on the latest (4th) episode; sure the ending was pretty much bullshit (Syd throwing the hammer with assumedly no mutant powers and perfectly striking the villain, and then the villain switching places with Syd at the most convenient time and without any pre-established rules, AND THEN the villain just running away after firing one shot instead of remaining and killing David), but I wanted to comment on Aubrey Plaza's acting (who grew up 10 miles from me). She was fucking PHENOMENAL. I've never seen her in anything besides this, but the way she portrayed her character in the last 5 minutes of the episode was borderline giving me the chills. I honestly saw shades of Heath Ledger's Joker in her. I know that might sound crazy, but it was a great performance.

The show clearly is drawing on Netflix's Stranger Things, in addition to Donnie Darko and maybe a little Shutter Island. Those are three great pieces of cinema, so it's no wonder this show is so great thus far. Can't wait for Wednesday at 10 PM.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked it. Have no I idea what actually happened though.

Just started watching. I also have no idea what's going on, but I loved it. Crazy/good.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without reading any of the comments yet, I just binged the first four episodes today, and I've got to say it's pretty fucking awesome. For a cast of unknowns, they are all pulling their weight. Sure, the guy who plays David (Dan Stevens) isn't Tony Soprano or Walter White, but he doesn't need to be. The storyline, visual effects, and general directing (I mean that tracking shot was useless, but still pretty cool) all make up for it. And for a guy who literally is almost a mute considering how much he talks, the villain is terrifying. Great casting decision with him.

As for a specific comment on the latest (4th) episode; sure the ending was pretty much bullshit (Syd throwing the hammer with assumedly no mutant powers and perfectly striking the villain, and then the villain switching places with Syd at the most convenient time and without any pre-established rules, AND THEN the villain just running away after firing one shot instead of remaining and killing David), but I wanted to comment on Aubrey Plaza's acting (who grew up 10 miles from me). She was fucking PHENOMENAL. I've never seen her in anything besides this, but the way she portrayed her character in the last 5 minutes of the episode was borderline giving me the chills. I honestly saw shades of Heath Ledger's Joker in her. I know that might sound crazy, but it was a great performance.

The show clearly is drawing on Netflix's Stranger Things, in addition to Donnie Darko and maybe a little Shutter Island. Those are three great pieces of cinema, so it's no wonder this show is so great thus far. Can't wait for Wednesday at 10 PM.

Plaza was great, and it's a fitting role for her. Who was retro - 60s dude? I liked him too.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plaza's work in this is really eye-opening. Before this, I always thought she was hot, and had a very sexy way about how she carried herself, but her acting always been very substandard. But in this, I am just blown away. While I will not go as far as to say it is Ledger-like, I definitely feel this is a breakout for her and she may really become something special in the near future.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plaza's work in this is really eye-opening. Before this, I always thought she was hot, and had a very sexy way about how she carried herself, but her acting always been very substandard. But in this, I am just blown away. While I will not go as far as to say it is Ledger-like, I definitely feel this is a breakout for her and she may really become something special in the near future.
I tried jacking it to the sex scene of her in Dirty Grandpa, but all I kept seeing was 70 year old Robert De Niro:L

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried jacking it to the sex scene of her in Dirty Grandpa, but all I kept seeing was 70 year old Robert De Niro:L

Do or do not. There is no try.

-Bill Cosby

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried jacking it to the sex scene of her in Dirty Grandpa, but all I kept seeing was 70 year old Robert De Niro.
A homo like you should have enjoyed that... :D

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plaza was great, and it's a fitting role for her. Who was retro - 60s dude? I liked him too.

Jemaine Clement.

He wrote and directed What We Do in The Shadows, if you never caught it, I'd recommend it.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jemaine Clement.

He wrote and directed What We Do in The Shadows, if you never caught it, I'd recommend it.
Plus Flight of the Conchords which is great. Show and band.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't switch places with her, she did with him. That's her power.