• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Legends Classic

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn, New York - November 24 - November 25

Semifinals - November 24th:
Villanova vs. VCU, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
Michigan vs. Oregon, approx. 9:30 p.m. (ESPN3)

Championship Game - November 25th - approx 10:00 p.m. (ESPN2)

Analysis: Should be arguably the best early season tournament. With 3 teams ranked in the top 25, and everybody coming to Brooklyn undefeated. Villanova has looked shaky this year thus far, and VCU already looks to be in mid season form creating all kinds of HAVOC. I like VCU in this game, I think their defense will be to stingy and the pressure will get to the Nova guards. In the second semifinal, Michigan and Oregon both had huge roster turnover in the offseason. Michigan returns potential big 10 player of the year in Caris Lavert and still returns first team all big 10 caliber players in Walton and Irvin, both in their sophomore season. Oregon returns their leading scorer Young, outside of Young though, Oregon is extremely young, playing 4 freshman significant minutes. Should be an interesting match up. I like Michigan though. Setting up a VCU/Michigan final. I like VCU in the final, I think they have too much depth for the Michigan guards to handle and they will be more fresher because Michigan's top 3 play over 34 minutes a game, whereas VCU's is more spread out. Should be a great final game though.

:suds:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn, New York - November 24 - November 25

Semifinals - November 24th:
Villanova vs. VCU, 7 p.m. (ESPN2)
Michigan vs. Oregon, approx. 9:30 p.m. (ESPN3)

Championship Game - November 25th - approx 10:00 p.m. (ESPN2)

Analysis: Should be arguably the best early season tournament. With 3 teams ranked in the top 25, and everybody coming to Brooklyn undefeated. Villanova has looked shaky this year thus far, and VCU already looks to be in mid season form creating all kinds of HAVOC. I like VCU in this game, I think their defense will be to stingy and the pressure will get to the Nova guards. In the second semifinal, Michigan and Oregon both had huge roster turnover in the offseason. Michigan returns potential big 10 player of the year in Caris Lavert and still returns first team all big 10 caliber players in Walton and Irvin, both in their sophomore season. Oregon returns their leading scorer Young, outside of Young though, Oregon is extremely young, playing 4 freshman significant minutes. Should be an interesting match up. I like Michigan though. Setting up a VCU/Michigan final. I like VCU in the final, I think they have too much depth for the Michigan guards to handle and they will be more fresher because Michigan's top 3 play over 34 minutes a game, whereas VCU's is more spread out. Should be a great final game though.

:suds:

Looks about right but I think you'll see a Walton - Albrecht - LeVert trio if they meet VCU. It wouldn't be the first time Michigan has faced that Havoc D.

I'll take Michigan by 4 over Oregon. If U-M doesn't contain Young it could turn into a shootout.

VCU can get up and down and their full court press is no joke (VCU vs. WVU would be one helluva match-up; two of the better conditioned teams in the country). Nova has struggled with mediocre competition. I like VCU here by 8.

Smart wants another piece of Michigan and this time I believe his team prevails.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope it's a good game.

I agree Nova has not looked good, which is a bit worrisome considering we pretty much have the same team from last year. But, not too worried.

I think the Big East will be decent this year, so plenty of chances to pick up $ wins, and plenty more losses coming I'm sure.

I don't think Oregon is gonna be any good this year.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vcu/nova is a doozy right now.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vcu's style of play is insane.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew M could beat the suck ducks in hoops

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was extremely wrong about the Nova/VCU game. Props to Nova for being able to handle the pressure of VCU. Nova/Michigan should be a great title game. I'd lean towards picking Nova.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was extremely wrong about the Nova/VCU game. Props to Nova for being able to handle the pressure of VCU. Nova/Michigan should be a great title game. I'd lean towards picking Nova.

I was a bit surprised myself at how easily we handled their press. Even though Jay Wright is known for recruiting (too many) great guards, at the peril of the frontcourt.

Arcidiacono was a joy to watch in that game. Basketball IQ up the wazoo. If he had any kind of athletic ability, he'd be an NBA player.

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely didn't see that coming out of VCU/Nova, I was expecting a VCU double-digit win.

Should be a good game tonight, 'Nova will have a pretty good looking resume already if they top Michigan.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan has a ton of growth needed before they become a threat. Beilein went to his bench often last night. I believe his gameplan, in part, was to prepare for VCU/Nova. He's still evaluating a number of freshmen, namely the bigs. Michigan played just well enough to maintain a small lead the entire night and got a few timely shots by Irvin, along with LeVert's efficiency at the line.

Michigan did get worked on the boards (constantly are getting boxed out and not establishing position) which I believe will be a reoccurring theme until any kind of post presence is firmly established. The 6'9-6'10" 245 pound frosh, Ricky Doyle, needs to quickly develop by Big Ten play because I believe he's the only true center on this team. He's really the one player (with size) we have that can bang and get after it down low (though he's very young and fairly raw). He does move well enough to run a few pick and rolls, or screens to free up space for the wing but needs to improve on his footwork quite a bit (that could really open up Beilein's playbook). He had a solid performance last night and I expect to see him get quite a few minutes tonight (hopefully he's not spent). Doyle, in addition to Kam Chatman developing at the 4, give Michigan some hope underneath this year, but tonight I like Villanova.

Here's to hoping Walton, LeVert, and Irvin light it up, all night. :suds:

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These late East coast games are :bullshit:.

Why not just start the game at 2 in the morning? That way I could just grab a cup of coffee after it's over and drive into work.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a sloppy crap game.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, maybe a few more sidearm passes and another back court violation or two. :suds:

Must be November?

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ennis can get up. Wilson may be a true freshman but he's pushing 6'9." That was a solid block.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The frontcourt for both teams is absolutely pitiful.

Should just pull em all and play 3 on 3.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good battle Nova. Both teams will learn and grow from that tangle, haha. :suds:

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great game of two teams that will be contenders come tourney time. By contenders, i mean for 2nd or 3rd.