• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron needs more help

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any of them help a championship team in the year they picked them up? no? ohh okay thanks.

SURREEE if you had a couple years to develop them- go for it---- again- the Cavs dont have the luxury of sitting around and waiting for a some dleaguer who has never played in the league to develop when you are COMPETING FOR TITLES. Especially when they already have 2 developmental guys on their roster in Felder and McRae.

And Jordan Farmer is going to help the Cavs to a title? Cool story

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't even about the Cavs picking up Yogi. I wouldn't expect them to go after him. It's more about you shitting on him for no apparent reason and the excuses you listed for the numbers he's putting up.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Jordan Farmer is going to help the Cavs to a title? Cool story
did they sign Jordan Farmar?

if you have a crytsal ball or a time machine, can you please enlighten us on which of these dleaguers is the needle in the haystack and against all odds will meaningfully contribute to a championship contender?--- if you could that would be GREAT.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't even about the Cavs picking up Yogi. I wouldn't expect them to go after him. It's more about you shitting on him for no apparent reason and the excuses you listed for the numbers he's putting up.
waaaa waaa dont take my words out of context. I even SAID that if this was the Cavs of 4-5 yeras ago- sure- pick up a guy like that develop him....im sorry i hurt your feelings saying i didnt think Yogi of the 14 games played in the NBA in his lifetime after being undrafted was the solution to the Cavs backup pg problems.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
waaaa waaa dont take my words out of context. I even SAID that if this was the Cavs of 4-5 yeras ago- sure- pick up a guy like that develop him....im sorry i hurt your feelings saying i didnt think Yogi of the 14 games played in the NBA in his lifetime after being undrafted was the solution to the Cavs backup pg problems.

I will repeat the first sentence of my post that you quoted since reading isn't your thing.

"THIS ISN'T EVEN ABOUT THE CAVS PICKING UP YOGI"

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Wiggy is trying to lock up stupidest post of the day again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiggy is just chock full of stupid. Just because a guy has spent time in the d-league, doesn't mean he can't contribute on an NBA playoff team or even a championship team.

The beauty of a d-leaguer is that you can sign him to a 10 day contract and see how he does. If you don't like him, you send him back. If you do, you can sign him to another 10 day or 2, or for the remainder of the season if it looks like he'll pan out.

All of this can be done before the trade deadline and makes just as much, if not more, sense than bringing in a bunch of guys who are no longer in the league for tryouts.

But, when someone doesn't watch games and gets all of their information from box scores and other peoples opinions and manages to think they know more than anyone else, it's to be expected.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy is just chock full of stupid. Just because a guy has spent time in the d-league, doesn't mean he can't contribute on an NBA playoff team or even a championship team.

The beauty of a d-leaguer is that you can sign him to a 10 day contract and see how he does. If you don't like him, you send him back. If you do, you can sign him to another 10 day or 2, or for the remainder of the season if it looks like he'll pan out.

All of this can be done before the trade deadline and makes just as much, if not more, sense than bringing in a bunch of guys who are no longer in the league for tryouts.

But, when someone doesn't watch games and gets all of their information from box scores and other peoples opinions and manages to think they know more than anyone else, it's to be expected.

If Cavs would have grabbed him, we would have gotten a 3000 word essay on how shrewd the Cavs FO is.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cavs would have grabbed him, we would have gotten a 3000 word essay on how shrewd the Cavs FO is.

Not that they would have gotten Farrel, but instead they decided to keep a roster spot open to save money.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

can you think of an example of a guy that came up from the dleague that had not played in the league before and contributed to a championship contending team?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah...your right lol...Yogi Farrell .....LeBron is going to go to sleep with nightmates about picnic baskets and bears in green ties. Oh no good lawwwd....how are we ever gonna find someone that will contribute more than YOGI!!! lol.

lol

yogi.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can you think of an example of a guy that came up from the dleague that had not played in the league before and contributed to a championship contending team?

Danny Green w/ the Spurs?:noidea: He was drafted by the Cavs in the 2nd round back in '09 but I'm not sure if he even got any playing time his rookie year before he ended up in the d-league. He played in 20 games that season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green w/ the Spurs?:noidea: He was drafted by the Cavs in the 2nd round back in '09 but I'm not sure if he even got any playing time his rookie year before he ended up in the d-league. He played in 20 games that season.
he was drafted (unlike Yogi) and played 20 games for the Cavs and the next year he played 8 games for the Spurs bfore he kind of broke out in Year 3.

If the Cavs had the time to develop a guy like that- sure id be down for it....alas- they arent looking for a guy to develop - they are looking for a veteran who knows how to handle an offense--- it just sucks because Mo Williams would have been the PERFECT stop-gap guy for this year until Felder gets his legs under him and gets more comfortable o nthe NBA level--- but that sure didnt work out.

I wish they had 3 years to develop a guy like that- i think thats what they are looking to do long-term with Felder though.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was drafted (unlike Yogi) and played 20 games for the Cavs and the next year he played 8 games for the Spurs bfore he kind of broke out in Year 3.

If the Cavs had the time to develop a guy like that- sure id be down for it....alas- they arent looking for a guy to develop - they are looking for a veteran who knows how to handle an offense--- it just sucks because Mo Williams would have been the PERFECT stop-gap guy for this year until Felder gets his legs under him and gets more comfortable o nthe NBA level--- but that sure didnt work out.

What do you have against Yogi? He's a former BigTen hoopster (IU). I always root for former BigTen players to succeed as long as they didn't play in ann arbor.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you have against Yogi? He's a former BigTen hoopster (IU). I always root for former BigTen players to succeed as long as they didn't play in ann arbor.
i dont have anything against him, - like i said on the main page responding to Mecca--- good for him- undrafted dleaguer- gets an opportunity becuase the Mavs have multiple PG injuries- and he plays himself into a 2 year minimum contract on a team that is not going anyhwere....thats perfect....thats awesome for him.

I wish the Cavs had the luxury of being able to try and develop another dleaguer or two- but it looks like the develomental spots on their roster are for Felder and McRae. I dont understand why Lue refuses to play McRae more.

if any point guard gets bought out that is a vet- like a Deron Williams or a Calderon or a Randy Foye.

Id really like them to get Randy Foye- he would be perfect from the Nets.....him and Greivis Vazquez (who would be another decent option) are free agents- so you would think maybe the nets would buy them out or trade tehm- but they are currently UNDER the salary cap floor so getting rid of salary isnt something they want/need todo. Same story with Jameer Nelson in Denver-- they are currently under the salary cap floor as well.

ya know who i think is a little it of a sleeper but i like how he plays? is Brian Roberts on the Hornets....hes a FA PG at the end of the year as well......

id prefer one of those guys on an actual team to the free agents- Chalmers didnt look ready coming back from a devastating achilees injury, Jack isnt even really on the radar becuase of injuries....

but we shall see what happens.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yah...your right lol...Yogi Farrell .....LeBron is going to go to sleep with nightmates about picnic baskets and bears in green ties. Oh no good lawwwd....how are we ever gonna find someone that will contribute more than YOGI!!! lol.

lol

yogi.jpg

He could easily play 15+ efficient minutes a night , which could keep the minutes down on Kyrie.
Isnt that what Delly did last year?

Playoffs is playoffs.

James is bitching about Cavs bench NOW.

Hed be an upgrade.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The East is as bad as ever. So obviously the Cavs don't need anymore talent than Born, Love, and Irving to get through that.

He probably knows he has no shot at GS without adding another HOFer. But GS could get cocky and upset by the Spurs.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Charles Barkley Does lebron just not want to have to compete? I mean it's all fun and games when his team is raining 3s with him on the bench in the 3rd quarter, deferring to kyrie Irving in clutch moments. They got Korver for nothing. They want all these players by don't want to give up nothing. These are the moments that the supposedly top 5 ever player ever is laughable.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Off the top of my head, no. However, that's not the point. As usual, you are deflecting off on to other bullshit because once again, you're showing how little you actually know.

The Cavs aren't looking for someone to contribute in the playoffs and finals, they are looking for someone who can play some minutes in the regular season. A d-league guy who had been playing a lot may be more equipped to help than a rookie the Cavs are looking to develop.

If the Cavs truly want to improve their roster as Lebron is whining for them to do, then they should leave no stone unturned. One of those stones would be to scout the d-league and see if there is a guy that they think might help in the regular season. It is truly a zero risk, potential reward option since they can bring a guy up on a 10 day and get an idea of what he can do.

Also, a d-leaguer may be a better option than some guy who isn't in the league anymore because they have been playing, so the Cavs won't need to wait for him to get into game shape like they would some guy who hasn't been in the league.