• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron needs more help

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, correct.

Still basically the same thing. The Cavs can use those exceptions to add depth to their roster. If they don't, everything Wiggy said about Gilbert is untrue.

Gilbert is not a good owner. He is only spending because LeBron is forcing him too.
wow this is one of the dumbest posts i have ever seen.

If you cannot see the difference between not using the midlevel exception- and using a trade exception- of which every dollar would increase the transaction by $4.50 you are crazy. Its not "basically" the same thing AT ALL. The Cavs current roster has the highest salary in the history of the league. lol. .... I mean QUITE LITERALLY its not the same because dollar wise its not even CLOSE to being the same

you realize there is a difference between ALREADY spending the most in the league- and where adding 4 million in a trade exception for comparisons sake- will cost you a total of 20M----- and the difference between never even being top 2 in payroll in the NBA- adding a space exception? Its not even a comparable situation in the SLIGHTEST.

I mean

the 3 years LeBron has been back with the Cavs-- Cavs are #2, #1, and #1 in payroll. The Heat in their 4 years were 22nd, 5th, 3rd, and 3rd.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow this is one of the dumbest posts i have ever seen.

If you cannot see the difference between not using the midlevel exception- and using a trade exception- of which every dollar would increase the transaction by $4.50 you are crazy. Its not "basically" the same thing AT ALL. The Cavs current roster has the highest salary in the history of the league. lol. .... I mean QUITE LITERALLY its not the same because dollar wise its not even CLOSE to being the same

you realize there is a difference between ALREADY spending the most in the league- and where adding 4 million in a trade exception for comparisons sake- will cost you a total of 20M----- and the difference between never even being top 2 in payroll in the NBA- adding a space exception? Its not even a comparable situation in the SLIGHTEST.

I mean

the 3 years LeBron has been back with the Cavs-- Cavs are #2, #1, and #1 in payroll. The Heat in their 4 years were 22nd, 5th, 3rd, and 3rd.

You have said on many occasions that Dan Gilbert does not care about spending money, that has the deepest pockets in the league and that is why he is a great owner.

If that were true, this thread would not exist because he would have already used the trade exception. While it isn't the same, Gilbert promised LeBron he would spend whatever it took to have the best possible roster. Without that promise, LeBron is not a Cav right now.

SO, I guess you are admitting that Gilbert does care about his spending. That is a serious departure from your claims this summer.

And of course the team with the highest payroll today will have the highest of all time. That is a ridiculous thing to say. The cap is much higher now than it has ever been.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have said on many occasions that Dan Gilbert does not care about spending money, that has the deepest pockets in the league and that is why he is a great owner.

If that were true, this thread would not exist because he would have already used the trade exception. While it isn't the same, Gilbert promised LeBron he would spend whatever it took to have the best possible roster. Without that promise, LeBron is not a Cav right now.

SO, I guess you are admitting that Gilbert does care about his spending. That is a serious departure from your claims this summer.

And of course the team with the highest payroll today will have the highest of all time. That is a ridiculous thing to say. The cap is much higher now than it has ever been.
Based on the information I have seen, the Cavaliers are already capped at the maximum and the hard cap as well, so If Dan wants to win another title, he is going to need to be creative. My question though Is it possible that Gilbert has already considered this season awash and can't beat the Warriors and as a result is going to stand pat until the summer? Making changes now and wrecking the chemistry could be a mistake. Personally I think the Cavaliers are going to miss Mozgov's defense in the finals and that's where Leboring and Gilb-Tard are debating. Le-Boring is saying some of those players will be needed in the Finals and Gilb-Tard says that's too much money

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the information I have seen, the Cavaliers are already capped at the maximum and the hard cap as well, so If Dan wants to win another title, he is going to need to be creative. My question though Is it possible that Gilbert has already considered this season awash and can't beat the Warriors and as a result is going to stand pat until the summer? Making changes now and wrecking the chemistry could be a mistake. Personally I think the Cavaliers are going to miss Mozgov's defense in the finals and that's where Leboring and Gilb-Tard are debating. Le-Boring is saying some of those players will be needed in the Finals and Gilb-Tard says that's too much money

LeBron isn't talking about adding somebody who will affect chemistry though. He is talking about getting a decent back up point guard that can give them 10-15 minutes in the playoffs.

That should be worth $20 million to the owner with the "deepest pockets" who is leading a championship or bust team. Every piece helps.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Gilbert has something Jimmy short Buss doesn't have, a title.:D Also under his leadership the Lakers will miss the playoffs for the 4th year in a row.:yes: That franchise never did that before. Jimmy's doing a helluva job!

beep, beep, beep...:shortbus:

Also just how important was Mozgov to the Cavs in last years Finals?:noidea: He played a grand total of 25 minutes & in 2 games he didn't play @ all.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Gilbert has something Jimmy short Buss doesn't have, a title.:D Also under his leadership the Lakers will miss the playoffs for the 4th year in a row.:yes: That franchise never did that before. Jimmy's doing a helluva job!

beep, beep, beep...:shortbus:

Actually Jim Buss was responsible for the last two titles. There is a new ownership and the current players don't know the Jeannie and Jim mgmt yet. When LeBron leaves it will be another 20 til The Cavaliers get it right but Jeannnie has already talked about dismissing both Kupchak and Jim and they will get it straight

Also just how important was Mozgov to the Cavs in last years Finals?:noidea: He played a grand total of 25 minutes & in 2 games he didn't play @ all.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron isn't talking about adding somebody who will affect chemistry though. He is talking about getting a decent back up point guard that can give them 10-15 minutes in the playoffs.

That should be worth $20 million to the owner with the "deepest pockets" who is leading a championship or bust team. Every piece helps.
My response is that you shouldn't pick up a rattlesnake when he promises not to bite you

Last edited:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets ask Chuck, Shaq, Kenny, KG, and Sheed how they feel:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And the Heat were .500 in their finals appearances just like the Cavs so far. If the Cavs don't win at least one more title, Gilberts going to look like a moron for spending all that money for 1 title.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"ALREADY USED THE TRADE EXCEPTION"

are you really that brain dead? do you think the Cavs can go to a team and say---- WE HAVE A TRADE EXCEPTION! YOU HAVE to trade us a point guard!"

dude you are out of of your mind.

if today the Mavericks or Jazz said- absorb Deron Williams or Shelvin Mack into your cap exception- it would ALREADY be done.
'

yah KINDA gotta get the other team to agree when using your "trade exception" unlike a mid level exemption- though as you apparently do not know the difference i am glad i can clarify it for you.

i wish it was as easy as the Cavs going- WE HAVE A TRADE EXCEPTION WE CAN PICK WHO WE WANT OFF YOUR ROSTER AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN SAY ABOUT IT....but unfortunately that is not how it goes and is the height of stupidity.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo very true. Hooplans have caught on to the Wiggster.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,116.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq: (To Barkley): "You don't know about going back to back...."

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is a crying little bitch that needs tons of help to win Championships. That's how he rolls. Peace.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"ALREADY USED THE TRADE EXCEPTION"

are you really that brain dead? do you think the Cavs can go to a team and say---- WE HAVE A TRADE EXCEPTION! YOU HAVE to trade us a point guard!"

dude you are out of of your mind.

if today the Mavericks or Jazz said- absorb Deron Williams or Shelvin Mack into your cap exception- it would ALREADY be done.
'

yah KINDA gotta get the other team to agree when using your "trade exception" unlike a mid level exemption- though as you apparently do not know the difference i am glad i can clarify it for you.

i wish it was as easy as the Cavs going- WE HAVE A TRADE EXCEPTION WE CAN PICK WHO WE WANT OFF YOUR ROSTER AND THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN SAY ABOUT IT....but unfortunately that is not how it goes and is the height of stupidity.

Typical.

You get your ass kicked in a discussion and you resort to name calling and ALL CAPS.

There are about 25 non-contending teams out there. I am not going to go down the list of rosters, because it isn't worth my time. But, I guarantee you that a non contender somewhere would be willing to dump $5 million in salary to the Cavs by dealing a veteran guard. So, no. They can't pick whoever they want, but there are options to be had who are better than Felder and Liggins (at least for this season).

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical.

You get your ass kicked in a discussion and you resort to name calling and ALL CAPS.

There are about 25 non-contending teams out there. I am not going to go down the list of rosters, because it isn't worth my time. But, I guarantee you that a non contender somewhere would be willing to dump $5 million in salary to the Cavs by dealing a veteran guard. So, no. They can't pick whoever they want, but there are options to be had who are better than Felder and Liggins (at least for this season).
actually there is not....but again...i am not surprised you lack the intellgience to work this out on your own.

in a league where there are still teams UNDER the minimum salary guidelines, and where it is early enough, where AT LEAST 2/3rds of the teams are still legimiately in position to make the playoffs in the league- there ARE DEFINITELY NOT guys just hanging out on non-contenders waiting to be dumped.

Why would a team dump a guy for NOTHING- when the trade deadline is coming up and a team might offer something for a "veteran point guard".

in a year where the salary cap had its biggest increase in history- teams arent looking to just dump players on 4 million dollar salaries for nothing- ESPECIALLY if that player is AT ALL useful.

but again- i know how you lack the ability to see the big picture or differentiate between things like trade exceptions and mid level exceptions.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually there is not....but again...i am not surprised you lack the intellgience to work this out on your own.

in a league where there are still teams UNDER the minimum salary guidelines, and where it is early enough, where AT LEAST 2/3rds of the teams are still legimiately in position to make the playoffs in the league- there ARE DEFINITELY NOT guys just hanging out on non-contenders waiting to be dumped.

Why would a team dump a guy for NOTHING- when the trade deadline is coming up and a team might offer something for a "veteran point guard".

in a year where the salary cap had its biggest increase in history- teams arent looking to just dump players on 4 million dollar salaries for nothing- ESPECIALLY if that player is AT ALL useful.

but again- i know how you lack the ability to see the big picture or differentiate between things like trade exceptions and mid level exceptions.

Because most playoff teams are irrelevant.

Why you trying to pick a fight here? Because clearly you know you are wrong and calling names is the only way you know how to save face.

I am now officially putting you on ignore because you can't have a conversation without name calling. I warned you before. Now I am done with you.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because most playoff teams are irrelevant.

Why you trying to pick a fight here? Because clearly you know you are wrong and calling names is the only way you know how to save face.

I am now officially putting you on ignore because you can't have a conversation without name calling. I warned you before. Now I am done with you.
so, no teams are moving anyone right now...but you think the Cavs could just go get a salary dump right now.

its the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you are just 100% clueless. No team is going to dump a player just to get rid of salary RIGHT now BEFORE the trade deadline when they can just wait it out and see if they can get someone for it- and if they cant- THEN dump the guy

you obviously have zero common sense and fail to see that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just hilarious

i mean- basic common sense here.

why would you give up an asset BEFORE the trade-deadline for nothing?

if anything you wait- to see if you can get something before you just dump a guy.

its just pure stupidity...i wish i was negotiating with someone that thought that way- you could FLEECE them. lol.

and i love the "oh i am sure there are guys- on teams- but i cant list any"...lol