• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron loves Lebron and tells us Lebron would vote Lebron for MVP

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, when he said "I'm gonna dribble between my legs, then pump fake?"
That was epic...lol

But, I meant his free throw meltdown.

It became such a phobia that he couldn't play anymore.

I think Jordan Ethered Ehlo pretty good too.

"Listen man, I'm hitting everything, so I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna do this time and see if you can stop it," Jordan told Ehlo. "You know you can't stop it. You know you can't stop this. You can't guard me." Then, Jordan detailed exactly what he was going to do, saying, "I'm gonna catch it on the left elbow, and then I'm gonna drive to the left to the baseline, and then I'm gonna pull up and shoot my fadeaway." Do we need to tell you what happened next?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen, Larry is the GOAT of trash talk.

I mean, stories of his exploits have me literally giggling gleefully.

I'm a woman in my 40's and actually GIGGLED reading about that Allstar game contest and him torturing Anthony Mason and Dominique Wilkins on the court.
this is why larry was so fucking great.

the hick from french lick, talking the best trash in the league, to guys who cut their teeth on blacktop.

larry played in a barn.

and he could back up every word of it. a mullet having, pasty white, mustache having farm boy could talk smack to guys from brooklyn.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball is always going to be about having 2 or 3 elite players on your team. Which means the league will always be top heavy. Teams like the 2004 Pistons will always be the anomaly.

Top heavy yes but it's gotten to the point of ridiculousness now. Yo mentioned 2004 but 4 years later the Celtics got in there and won one. The Spurs were a powerhouse but they didn't win every year and you had the Heat being upset by the Mavs.
Hopefully the playoffs are different this year because they were a complete bore last year and not worth watching

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is all those are after the MVP award was awarded, not before the season even ended.

Feb. 2017 before the Allstar break.

Are you the best player in the world right now
?

For sure. I feel like I’m solid in everything: IQ, studying the game, I can score the basketball, make my teammates better. There are not a lot of guys that have all those characteristics in one. They might be way more athletic, can shoot the ball way better. But everything solid in one human body?

You can ask all those top guys who the best player is, of course they are going to say themselves. Because as a basketball player you’re confident in your craft. It’s not taking shots at anybody. It’s a confidence.

Case in point: In December 2015, Gregory asked Curry the same question, and he responded with the following: "In my mind, yes. That's how I have confidence out there that I can play at a high level every night. I don't get into debates, arguing with people about why I am versus somebody else.

"I feel like anybody who's at the level I'm trying to be at, if you don't think that when you're on the floor, then you're doing yourself a disservice."

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the hick from french lick, talking the best trash in the league, to guys who cut their teeth on blacktop.

larry played in a barn.

and he could back up every word of it. a mullet having, pasty white, mustache having farm boy could talk smack to guys from brooklyn.
Dude was a straight SAVAGE.

Imagine if Bias hadn't destroyed himself.

Larry might have been even more historic.

Still Top 10, at worst, of all time.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun debate, Fellas.

Dog is up, kids out of school...

I'm out!!!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was a straight SAVAGE.

Imagine if Bias hadn't destroyed himself.

Larry might have been even more historic.

Still Top 10, at worst, of all time.
larry will always be top 10.

len bias was a crackhead. he was at maryland. the shit we didnt know...because we didnt have to.

im more pissed about lewis. the TEAM failed him on that.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

larry played in a barn.

All reasons why Larry the Legend is still my all time favorite NBAer.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top heavy yes but it's gotten to the point of ridiculousness now. Yo mentioned 2004 but 4 years later the Celtics got in there and won one. The Spurs were a powerhouse but they didn't win every year and you had the Heat being upset by the Mavs.
Hopefully the playoffs are different this year because they were a complete bore last year and not worth watching

The 2000s were a bit of an outlier if you compare to the history of basketball. Partly because there were no truly dominant teams once Kobe and Shaq decided they couldn't play with each other.

But even then, from 1999-2009, 7 of the 10 champions were the Lakers or the Spurs. In the past 10 years you have 7 DIFFERENT teams that have won championships(Dubs, Cavs, Mavs, Heat, Lakers, Spurs, Celtics). The only era in modern basketball that had more champions was the 70s.

It could be argued that the modern CBA will enable MORE teams to win championships because players are more willing to move around.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also loves to talk about his "Basketball IQ". Of course, a guy with a real BB IQ would not have annoyed Kyrie to the point he demanded to leave.

I am quite sure that LeBron's basketball IQ had nothing to do with Kyrie's decision. It was more about the way he acts and all the reasons that you probably don't like him either.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats my point tho

its douchey

MJ was a dick, but he wasnt a douche publicly. he hid his douchiness until practices or gambling.

long live larry

giphy.gif

Was not a level playing field.

I guarantee that if MJ were currently playing everyone would know him inside out. It is a lot harder for a public figure to hide their true nature in the social media generation. Everyone is a potential reporter.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was not a level playing field.

I guarantee that if MJ were currently playing everyone would know him inside out. It is a lot harder for a public figure to hide their true nature in the social media generation. Everyone is a potential reporter.
yyyyup

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2000s were a bit of an outlier if you compare to the history of basketball. Partly because there were no truly dominant teams once Kobe and Shaq decided they couldn't play with each other.

But even then, from 1999-2009, 7 of the 10 champions were the Lakers or the Spurs. In the past 10 years you have 7 DIFFERENT teams that have won championships(Dubs, Cavs, Mavs, Heat, Lakers, Spurs, Celtics). The only era in modern basketball that had more champions was the 70s.

It could be argued that the modern CBA will enable MORE teams to win championships because players are more willing to move around.

I don't think you can make that argument because the current CBA allows massive payments to players who remain with the same team and make certain levels (I think all NBA 1st , 2nd and 3rd team) without all the $ counting against the cap. I forget the exact rule but didn't Harden, Curry and Wall get massive extensions under that clause?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am quite sure that LeBron's basketball IQ had nothing to do with Kyrie's decision. It was more about the way he acts and all the reasons that you probably don't like him either.

I actually don't have any issues with Lebron. Guy's a good family man, never even a hint of an issue with the law and a great player who gives 100% game in game out. I think he over estimates his skills as a GM and there were some grumblings in Miami of him wanting to not travel with the team but that's minor crap. The whole "decision" thing was probably an error but it ages ago and the money went to a good cause.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was epic...lol

But, I meant his free throw meltdown.

It became such a phobia that he couldn't play anymore.

I think Jordan Ethered Ehlo pretty good too.

"Listen man, I'm hitting everything, so I'm gonna tell you what I'm gonna do this time and see if you can stop it," Jordan told Ehlo. "You know you can't stop it. You know you can't stop this. You can't guard me." Then, Jordan detailed exactly what he was going to do, saying, "I'm gonna catch it on the left elbow, and then I'm gonna drive to the left to the baseline, and then I'm gonna pull up and shoot my fadeaway." Do we need to tell you what happened next?

That reminds me of how Rickey Henderson would get to the plate and tell the catcher, "I'm going to get on base. Once the pitcher is set, I'm going to steal 2nd. I'll probably let him throw a pitch or 2 after that to catch my breath but then I'm gonna steal 3rd. I'll see you when I get back here".

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of LeManufacturedSuperStar... Last night showed Le3-5 would have been completely shut down in the 80s/90s Jordan era if the refs allowed the players to you know.... DEFEND him and have some leeway with physicality

The physical Heat defense tore him a completely new LeAssHole

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel ya, but MJ never talked about himself in 3rd person, at least.
Nor tweeted to his younger self. Of course I suspect he may have had this been an option. Perhaps he emailed himself? Or sent a PM on his BlackBerry???

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After you take your talents to south beach like he did you should be a bit more humble but it’s not in him. Not a huge deal.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After you take your talents to south beach like he did you should be a bit more humble but it’s not in him. Not a huge deal.

Why should you be a bit more humble?