• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James' White House Tweet

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find a single post of mine where I have given LeBron a free pass.

These:

I'm no fan of LeBron's but to call him ignorant just makes you look silly. Just say you don't agree w/ what he has to say on this topic rather going the immature route w/ the name calling.

All he really needed to say was he disagreed w/ what LeBron said. Then again I usually laugh @ people that have the need to seriously call athletes names they either don't like or don't agree with.

Okay if you wanna go that route what about all the people Trump has attacked on social media? Or does he get some kinda free pass because he's the Prez-o-dent? I'd bet a large amount of money LeBron wouldn't have had anything to say if Trump didn't say something in the 1st place.

You seem to be giving Trump a free pass. Correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Trump insulted women, African Americans, Mexicans & anyone that doesn't agree w/ his social media rants?

Trump called NFL players sons of bitches. If that's not name calling what do you call it, a compliment?

In every one of these posts, you focus solely on Trump and blame him without ever mentioning that Lebron responded in kind rather than taking the high road.

I have called them both out and called out both sides for this nonsense. You?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These:

In every one of these posts, you focus solely on Trump and blame him without ever mentioning that Lebron responded in kind rather than taking the high road.

Well I'm not supporting LeBron. Pretty such I've made it clear many times in the NBA threads I'm not a fan of his. I just think since Trump is President what he's done on social media is much worse. He's seemingly insulted anyone that doesn't agree w/ what he has to say. But like you said in a previous post you don't follow Twitter. Now the thing is neither do I. I have never had a social media account (and never will). I have never sent out a text. I heard about what he's said on social media through the national news.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm not supporting LeBron. Pretty such I've made it clear many times in the NBA threads I'm not a fan of his. I just think since Trump is President what he's done on social media is much worse. He's seemingly insulted anyone that doesn't agree w/ what he has to say. But like you said in a previous post you don't follow Twitter. Now the thing is neither do I. I have never had a social media account (and never will). I have never sent out a text. I heard about what he's said on social media through the national news.

All of it is equally bad. Those who disagree with Trump are also insulting him.

These are all people who on some level are role models for kids and they are all behaving far worse than kids.

Point is, both sides have the opportunity to take the high road and no one is. The end result is that the actual message that Kaepernick started all of this over has been all but drowned out in all of this other noise and bullshit.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu, this site IS social media. I'm not on FB, Instagram etc. either but I have no need when I have you idiots and also the comment sections of a few economics websites.

I do agree Trump asks for everything he gets with his attitude.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wamu, this site IS social media. I'm not on FB, Instagram etc. either but I have no need when I have you idiots and also the comment sections of a few economics websites.

I do agree Trump asks for everything he gets with his attitude.

I should have said Twitter, facebook & Instagram type places. My bad, I should have been more specific.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall him calling them names. I could be wrong because I don't follow Twitter. Lebron literally began his tweet with "U bum."

The point is, Lebron was just as guilty of being immature and resorting to namecalling as anyone else. He could have taken the high road and chose not to. He didn't.

He also ranted about the President being a role model to kids and how he was not being a good role model while seemingly not grasping that he and other star athletes are far more likely to be seen as role models than any President.

End of the day, there's plenty of stupid to go around on both sides in all of this.

You are 100% with everything you said in this post.

That said, sometimes you just got to man up and hit the bully as hard as you can. Trump is a bully, IMO. Normal social rules don't apply when dealing with him because he doesn't seem to follow any.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if you go back and listen to when Kaepernick was first asked about it, it was pretty clear that it wasn't well thought out. Either that, or he lacks the ability to speak intelligently.

It became about the flag and national anthem because he sat during the anthem and didn't tell anyone why.

Additionally, he made it about the flag, the anthem and the country really, when he said that he wasn't going to support a country where there is injustice against people of color.

He showed his "protest" wasn't well thought out (and probably his true colors too) when he then talked about how well Fidel Castro runs Cuba.
Disagree completely. He actually was approached early on from a vet regarding his protest. It was after that conversation that Kaep agreed to take a knee rather than sit during the national anthem. But, most people don't know that because they've failed to understand his reason for protesting for whatever reason.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bunch of overpaid athletes with too much free time on their hands. Cut their salaries to 200k which will have to make them WORK during their time off

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree completely. He actually was approached early on from a vet regarding his protest. It was after that conversation that Kaep agreed to take a knee rather than sit during the national anthem. But, most people don't know that because they've failed to understand his reason for protesting for whatever reason.

Kaepernick had sat for several games before someone finally noticed and said something. At that point, he was asked by the media why he was sitting and he didn't really have much of an answer. When asked what he was doing about what he was protesting, he had no real answer initially either. That's why some people at the time were saying he was just seeking attention because he wasn't a starter anymore.

He claimed to be protesting injustice and then proceeded to praise Fidel Castro for how he runs Cuba.

He added fuel to the fire when he chose to wear socks depicting cops as pigs.

It wasn't until the media started asking him questions that the veteran told him that taking a knee would be preferable to sitting.

Most are not failing to understand why or what Kaepernick is protesting, most people (myself included) don't like the way he chose to do it.

Not sure what there is to disagree with since every one of these things is a fact.

Since then, he has put his money where his mouth by getting involved in his community, making donations to charitable organizations and being the only person in all of this who has stayed consistent in his message.

What the players have been doing since, is about Trump calling them sons of bitches and saying they should be fired for protesting and has been drowning out what Kaepernicks protest was/is all about.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article was dated back to August 2016- is there one that came earlier?

Yes, but not articles. He was first asked it about after a game or practice by a tv reporter. He seemed completely surprised to be asked about it and really had no clear answer as to why or what he intended to do about what he was protesting.

Since then, aside from his unfortunate Castro comments and his "pig socks" he has done a good job of backing up what he said and has been the only one who has remained on point.

Another strange thing in all of this, SI addressed the issue in their most recent magazine and somehow left Kaepernick out of the photoshopped picture they put on the cover.

How the hell do you address the issue, put a bunch of guys on the cover that have been involved, but not the guy who started the whole thing? :noidea:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but not articles. He was first asked it about after a game or practice by a tv reporter. He seemed completely surprised to be asked about it and really had no clear answer as to why or what he intended to do about what he was protesting.

Since then, aside from his unfortunate Castro comments and his "pig socks" he has done a good job of backing up what he said and has been the only one who has remained on point.

Another strange thing in all of this, SI addressed the issue in their most recent magazine and somehow left Kaepernick out of the photoshopped picture they put on the cover.

How the hell do you address the issue, put a bunch of guys on the cover that have been involved, but not the guy who started the whole thing? :noidea:

Because like some have said (maybe you too?) there current situation has little to do with Kaepernick. They are not protesting the same things, just using similar methods.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because like some have said (maybe you too?) there current situation has little to do with Kaepernick. They are not protesting the same things, just using similar methods.

Agree and yeah, that's what I've been saying as well.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One would think that interview by the tv reporter would be documented somewhere.

And to your second point - a lot of people don't want to give him credit for shining a light on police brutality, but yet want to make negative comments about him personally. One can never make everyone happy.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These:

Okay...

Well outside of those, find a single post where he gave LeBron a free pass....lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I clearly respect the office of the president, but I clearly do not respect the piece of shit sitting in the office.