• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron James FA list released

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell are the Kings on his FA list? Fuck you LeBron!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mildly surprised at the Rockets because of what they'd have to give up to clear space. Not surprised at the other 3.
Space clearing or no, a team with a core of Harden, Paul, and James would be a contender no matter who else is still there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Space clearing or no, a team with a core of Harden, Paul, and James would be a contender no matter who else is still there.

True, but I'd see that team running out of gas because they'd have no depth.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I'd see that team running out of gas because they'd have no depth.
We don't know who the other 9 guys are yet. Rockets need to take him if he wants to go there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to Philly LeBron!

giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying Houston for months.

It will be interesting to see. A team with Harden, Lebron and CP3 could be better than the Warriors.

IF they can build a team around them.

And although i'm not 100% on this, the Rockets have $80m guaranteed next year already and that's without CP3

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see. A team with Harden, Lebron and CP3 could be better than the Warriors.

IF they can build a team around them.

And although i'm not 100% on this, the Rockets have $80m guaranteed next year already and that's without CP3
All true.

But, they don't need cap space for Capela or Paul, they have bird rights.

Chris's cap hold is a huge obstacle though...

They have 4 choices....

1. Go scorched Earth and renounce Ariza, Capela and everyone else not named Paul, Harden...and hope Cp3 gives them a huge discount, because Bron won't .

2. Trade Gordon, renounce everyone but Cp3.

3. They can do to the Cavs what they did to the Clippers and trade for him.

That would take cooperation from the Cavs. So, that might not be a option unless he just wanted to fuck the Lakers out of getting him.

4. Find some Dummy that is willing to absorb Anderson for a asset. They would have to part with multiple 1st rounders. But, would probably be willing for James.

Here are a few scenarios thought up by folks way more smarter than me.

LeBron to Houston is complicated. Here's 4 ways they can do it.

Do the Houston Rockets have a shot at LeBron James in free agency? It's not outlandish

How exactly could the Houston Rockets add LeBron James in 2018?

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Lebron let Cleveland know in advance that he is not going to resign with them?
Is he going to let them find out at the last second like the last time?

I think he should tell them first and spare them the Lebron sweepstakes.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...This is crazy if it's true.

Option 2: Trade Eric Gordon or Clint Capela

If Houston went scorched earth, renounced or traded every player except the untouchable ones, and waived their non-guaranteed players, they could manage about $8 million in cap space. That’s, uh, not enough to sign James.

Houston could free up even more space by dealing one or their two key role players, Gordon or Capela. The Rockets will have to pay Capela well next summer, but his cap hold is only $5 million, so they can wait to finalize his contract last. That’s useful, and the Rockets also have leverage since Capela is a restricted free agent. It’s doubtful that Houston would even consider renouncing him for a marginal amount of added cap space.

Gordon, on the other hand, has emerged as a lethal “switch-buster” and a player whose three-point shooting really personifies Houston’s identity. The Rockets would be losing a crucial part of their offense if they dealt him — and remember, they can’t take much or any salary back in return or it defeats the purpose — but everything might be on the table if it means signing LeBron James.

Without Gordon’s $13.5 million, the Rockets could sign James to a contract starting at his $35.4 million max and Paul to one that starts upwards of $30 million.