• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

League office apparently leaks details of looming Ezekiel Elliott suspension

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read the texts from the "Victim" and her friend?

I haven't, however sounds like she wanted to manufacture some collaboration to off set Zeke home boys testifying what happened didn't really happen. I really don't know. Guess we'll hear some details eventually.
I'll agree there could be additional evidence we have not heard as of yet.
Problem is even a green Public Defender should easily convince a jury the girl is a liar who cannot be trusted.

Oh she lied, that seems true. Zeke had his posse backing him up, she had no one. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. Jarnett really been the one I agree with. The NFL didn't randomly decide to screw one of stars over. Some things are hard to get a conviction on even if the law feels it happened. Guess we'll see.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got nothing. This is beyond belief.
Really? The chick may be a gold digging, whore, ex, but when you combine this issue with the other "rumors", you have to look at the character.

Not to be a homer, but why don't these issues follow David Johnson? Or any other rookie for that matter?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't, however sounds like she wanted to manufacture some collaboration to off set Zeke home boys testifying what happened didn't really happen. I really don't know. Guess we'll hear some details eventually.

Oh she lied, that seems true. Zeke had his posse backing him up, she had no one. Doesn't mean it didn't happen. Jarnett really been the one I agree with. The NFL didn't randomly decide to screw one of stars over. Some things are hard to get a conviction on even if the law feels it happened. Guess we'll see.
I think this has a lot to do with how the NFL mishandled the Rice case, then the Josh Brown case.
IMO if the NFL finds he did what the girl says he should get the 6 game minimum the league had set, if they don't have that evidence he should get no games.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? The chick may be a gold digging, whore, ex, but when you combine this issue with the other "rumors", you have to look at the character.

Not to be a homer, but why don't these issues follow David Johnson? Or any other rookie for that matter?
David Johnson is an angel I guess. I'm not saying Zeke is a great person, I'm just saying unless there is evidence we haven't seen he shouldn't be punished for this.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie. I would be tempted to do a line with Irvin if I bumped into him at a bar. Sounds like a shit ton of fun. I hated the guy as a player because he was a rival (at the time)l, but I like his analysis now. Seems like a cool dude.
Definitely the most down to earth athlete I've ever met. I would definitely party with him given another chance.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Tyson. Who knows what to believe. He was convicted. He was still guilty of stupidity just like Zeke.
Yeah and OJ was acquitted. My point is nobody has the resources of the FBI to do a psychological test and full background check including childhood friends and college roommates for everyone they associate themselves with. Women are nuts so it's not always easy to uncover the amount of crazy they are capable of.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'll find some people (patriots fans) to argue against that. But to me this is all about the optics. They want to make sure they are doing the right thing in the eyes of ALL of their stakeholders while understanding they can't make everyone happy. Teams have been complaining about him not getting suspended. The NFL also wants to make sure they don't over or under punish him as they have been guilty of and highly criticized in the past.

That's why it has taken so long. They keep throwing the bobber out testing the waters to see how the public is going to react. We didn't hear about it the last two weeks because of the Hall of Fame thing with Jerry Jones.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In truth if he made a suspensable offense shouldn't he have been suspended last season?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this has a lot to do with how the NFL mishandled the Rice case, then the Josh Brown case.
IMO if the NFL finds he did what the girl says he should get the 6 game minimum the league had set, if they don't have that evidence he should get no games.
A) You seem to be saying if the NFL mishandled a case, they no longer got the right to handle issues going forward. Not realistic.
B) By evidence, do you mean enough to convict in a court of law? Employers don't need that level of evidence, least not in the NFL case ( and many others ).
C) Seems to me the NFL puts a lot on the level of cooperation in their eyes. If you destroy evidence or refuse evidence doesn't lead to trusting in said player innocence.

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In truth if he made a suspensable offense shouldn't he have been suspended last season?
I can see it both ways. I can see the league waiting for the outcome of the investigation but then again if you're going to suspend him arbitrarily why not do it right then and there as you say.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree 100%. Zeke created this, not the league. The league has its issues for sure, but Zeke is not innocent. I mean, we all saw him pull a stupid, drunk biotch's shirt down. Even if she was begging for it, it was bad judgement and just plain stupid of him to do it. Add that to all the other shit that surrounds this kid and you can clearly see Zeke created this mess with his bad decision making. Take responsibility for your stupidity. I know I had to.

I swear, this millennial entitlement bullshit drives me nuts.

perhaps I am not to familiar then with what is going on. Is the shirt incident what he is getting in trouble for? I thought this was for DV. If they suspended him for just pulling her shirt down, then fine, there is evidence of that. If there is no evidence of DV then how can you suspend him. My point is, TB got 4 games for soft footballs. DV is way beyond that. SO the league has to start at 4 games and go from there. That is the mess I am talking about. Every punishment that is of serious magnitude has to start at 4 games...then again, unless you play for the Giants.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) You seem to be saying if the NFL mishandled a case, they no longer got the right to handle issues going forward. Not realistic.

Never said the NFL can't suspend players, in fact I've said multiple times, if Elliott is guilty of DV he should be suspended 6 games, per league rules.

B) By evidence, do you mean enough to convict in a court of law? Employers don't need that level of evidence, least not in the NFL case ( and many others ).

By evidence I mean text by the girl stating she will hit him financially and texts asking a friend to LIE to the police.
I know you've already speculated she did this to counter Elliotts friends.
Thing is though at face value she DID LIE and your view is just speculation.

C) Seems to me the NFL puts a lot on the level of cooperation in their eyes. If you destroy evidence or refuse evidence doesn't lead to trusting in said player innocence.

Aside from Carter, when has there been any reports Elliott didn't cooperate. Today is the first I've heard that Elliott "May" have destroyed evidence.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said the NFL can't suspend players, in fact I've said multiple times, if Elliott is guilty of DV he should be suspended 6 games, per league rules.

By evidence I mean text by the girl stating she will hit him financially and texts asking a friend to LIE to the police.
I know you've already speculated she did this to counter Elliotts friends.
Thing is though at face value she DID LIE and your view is just speculation.

Aside from Carter, when has there been any reports Elliott didn't cooperate. Today is the first I've heard that Elliott "May" have destroyed evidence.

Guess Zeke has nothing to worry about then. You don't actually think the NFL is just going out of its way to crush random players, do you? I'd be happy if this whole thing turn out to be much ado over nothing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree there could be additional evidence we have not heard as of yet.
Problem is even a green Public Defender should easily convince a jury the girl is a liar who cannot be trusted.
Her texts would go a long way if "beyond a reasonable doubt" was in play. The NFL just needs to think something happened. That is what many seem to be missing on these cases. You can't really use that defense to say a guy shouldn't be suspended. It certainly is possible that she was planning something and also that he hit her. The two are not mutually exclusive.

That being said I still feel we've yet to hear anything that can lead the NFL to decide a suspension is warranted. If they have something else that we have yet to hear then I would like to see it. As we sit here today I still say I don't think he should, nor will be suspended.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps I am not to familiar then with what is going on. Is the shirt incident what he is getting in trouble for? I thought this was for DV. If they suspended him for just pulling her shirt down, then fine, there is evidence of that. If there is no evidence of DV then how can you suspend him. My point is, TB got 4 games for soft footballs. DV is way beyond that. SO the league has to start at 4 games and go from there. That is the mess I am talking about. Every punishment that is of serious magnitude has to start at 4 games...then again, unless you play for the Giants.

I am not gonna say that DV is better than deflated balls. In real life DV is a go to jail type thing all day long where deflated balls don't mean shit in real life.

But DV doesn't have any effect on the GAME and deflated balls do. Violate those rules and RG has the integrity of the game thing looming over his head.

But if a guy did something before (DV) he was drafted and signed a contract with the NFL, the NFL shouldn't have a say. The law yes, the NFL no.

These are just MO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not gonna say that DV is better than deflated balls. In real life DV is a go to jail type thing all day long where deflated balls don't mean shit in real life.

But DV doesn't have any effect on the GAME and deflated balls do. Violate those rules and RG has the integrity of the game thing looming over his head.
Exactly. I never understood how people could not understand this simple point or why it is ever brought up to state that other players suspensions need to be more. Comparing Brady deflating Footballs and affecting the actual games (no matter how minimal) to some other off the field transgression is completely off base.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So on the one hand we have a player with a history of doing this sort of crap, yet there is no proof in this instance. On the other hand we have Roger Goodell and his history of incompetence. I can literally seeing this going anywhere from a small fine to a lifetime ban. Good God when will they follow up on their promise to get Goodell out of discipline?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of taking talent off the field. Typically only hurts the fans.

But in this case it hurts the cowboys so haha way to earn it:thumb: