• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lawrence Phillips: Running For His Life

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally had the chance to watch it. I honestly teared up at points. This doc had people willing to talk about him that are legends of the game who spoke glowingly about him. Tom Osborne (obviously), Nick Saban, Dick Vermiel, Ray Lewis, Jimmy Johnson, Steve Young etc.

I think I dropped a couple things lol (names)

It causes you to really look at yourself, but the main thing -for me at least- was an example of what not to do.

That's fucking sad considering he may have been the greatest to ever play the game. I'm dead serious when I say that.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember him in a Rams uni briefly with Tony Banks at QB. If Vermeil couldn't turn him, I don't know who could have.

Doubt he was going to be the best Ram ever. Was he in Dickerson's class? Faulk? No & No

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best ever is always subjective. I think he was good enough to make his way into the conversation if there were longevity.
I believe he'd have won the Heisman at Nebraska in '95 had he stayed out of trouble and played the entire year. I think he'd have won it in '96 as well had he returned for his senior year.
LP had everything you could ask for in a running back. Speed, the ability to break tackles, drive piles, make people miss, find running lanes, and catch passes.
Sadly he couldn't control his emotions off the field.
LP is, and will likely always be my standard for RB at Nebraska. For a team that's bread and butter was running the ball, that's saying something.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally had the chance to watch it. I honestly teared up at points. This doc had people willing to talk about him that are legends of the game who spoke glowingly about him. Tom Osborne (obviously), Nick Saban, Dick Vermiel, Ray Lewis, Jimmy Johnson, Steve Young etc.

I think I dropped a couple things lol (names)

It causes you to really look at yourself, but the main thing -for me at least- was an example of what not to do.

That's fucking sad considering he may have been the greatest to ever play the game. I'm dead serious when I say that.

Where or how can this be seen? I would like to watch.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What is sad to me is how he made Nebraska look bad with his violent actions towards a woman, a skanky woman, but a woman nevertheless. Hands down he would have won the Heisman in 1995, but I bet he would have jumped to the NFL after the 1995 season, which would have been sad if he had been a good citizen instead of the turd that he was.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it a long time ago. I just recall how in depth it was and it was very well done. Definitely worth watching.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is sad to me is how he made Nebraska look bad with his violent actions towards a woman, a skanky woman, but a woman nevertheless. Hands down he would have won the Heisman in 1995, but I bet he would have jumped to the NFL after the 1995 season, which would have been sad if he had been a good citizen instead of the turd that he was.

What made her skanky? That she is a white girl who had a relationship with a black guy?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember him in a Rams uni briefly with Tony Banks at QB. If Vermeil couldn't turn him, I don't know who could have.

Doubt he was going to be the best Ram ever. Was he in Dickerson's class? Faulk? No & No

Saban was in the documentary. Saw Dickerson when he was under Belichick. He compared him to Dickerson, and said he'd never seen a player better than LP

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saban was in the documentary. Saw Dickerson when he was under Belichick. He compared him to Dickerson, and said he'd never seen a player better than LP
If only not for those skanky white women.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In college yes. As a Pro no. A lot of growth happens between those and improvement as well

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember him doing very well when he went to the NFL, teams were handing him off after only a short time, which was pretty telling in hindsight and I doubt helped his psyche very much

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GOAT no question
yeeeea I guess so

giphy-6.gif

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't remember him doing very well when he went to the NFL, teams were handing him off after only a short time, which was pretty telling in hindsight and I doubt helped his psyche very much

Can you blame those teams? They were dumb to draft that troublemaker in the first place.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you blame those teams? They were dumb to draft that troublemaker in the first place.
I wouldn't say they were dumb, without hindsight every single club would have drafted him on the spot all over again. The RB position was king in that day and age of the NFL, dumb is drafting Vince young or Manzel