• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Laviolette fired

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol ya think Craig Berube is the answer? What type of system does this guy know how to play? I hope this is an interim tag only.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not happy with Berube, but at least there's no more Laviolette

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not surprised he got fired, but i am surprised he got fired so quickly. why keep him this summer if his leash was that short?

berube is an interesting choice. i was almost as certain that murray would replace him as i was that lavy would be fired.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured he'd be gone around game 15 or so. Was not expecting this after THREE games?!?

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not surprised he got fired, but i am surprised he got fired so quickly. why keep him this summer if his leash was that short?

berube is an interesting choice. i was almost as certain that murray would replace him as i was that lavy would be fired.

i'd prefer murray over berube

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This decision either came from the very top or Homer is very scared.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd prefer murray over berube

i think i would too.. trying to remember if this was pertaining to berube but i remember some commentator talking about an assitant coach who would make a good head coach and probably would be one sooner rather than later.. this was sometime last year i think

definitely not going to rush to judgement, but i would've liked to see a fresh face in there.. hopefully they just tuned lavy out, not the entire staff

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This decision either came from the very top or Homer is very scared.

I think this is a "BOTH" situation.

Homer is scared that a. the season could very quickly get away from him and b. He could be shown the door as well.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks is at this point I don't really see any good coaching alternatives available.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SAw this on twitter:

Ian Laperriere and John Paddock expected to assist Berube. Sounds like Kevin McCarthy also let go.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the season started I thought he would be gone after 5 games. I'm don't dislike Lavy but for whatever reason his system isn't working with this group. I'm not saying this is a championship team but they have enough talent to score more than 1 goal per game.

Slayer31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank (the non-existent) god they didn't wait 10 to 20 games to see if he could turn it around.

Said it before: I like Lavy a lot, but the players played like crap, and he couldn't fix it, so he's gotta go. A merciful firing at this point, I would say.

Wish there was a "Scotty Bowman" out there somewhere, but I don't think that's the case. Berube will likely be an interim... unless they do well, and then they'll give him a 3 years contract!!!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank (the non-existent) god they didn't wait 10 to 20 games to see if he could turn it around.

Said it before: I like Lavy a lot, but the players played like crap, and he couldn't fix it, so he's gotta go. A merciful firing at this point, I would say.

Wish there was a "Scotty Bowman" out there somewhere, but I don't think that's the case. Berube will likely be an interim... unless they do well, and then they'll give him a 3 years contract!!!

exactly how i feel

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess something had to happen but didn't expect it this quickly. They simply weren't playing as a team maybe this will wake the team up. I'd see what Berube does and go from there. Paddock has coached in the NHL before and Lavy should be a good coach definitely motivational! Let's see how it goes can't be worse.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need this shakeup bad.
Berube the answer? Guess we will find out

Are they going to plan on playing a different system now?

Can we stop playing Hall,Rinaldo,Talbot and Rosehill on the same nights please

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet this came as a surprise to even Laviolette himself (this soon that is). Entering the game yesterday, my thought process was that this was a must-win game however and apparently Homer agreed. I say this because quite frankly these are three teams we should be beating. They aren't even the elite teams in the east.

If we're that inept against the Leafs, Canadiens and Canes, how are we going to fare against the Pens, Isles, Canucks, Wings, Yotes and Ducks among others later this month?

A major change might as well have been made now while we're 0-3 instead of waiting until we're 1-10 at the end of this month and the season is already about over.

I think this move just shows how truly unacceptable it is to our top execs like Snider, Luukko, Holmgren and Clarke that we're not even able to be competitive, let alone win.

It's been embarrassing. It took us seven periods and change before we scored our first even strength goal and it was about the 15th guy you'd expect to pot one. We've played nine total periods and I can say for sure we've played well in one of them, that's about it. It was the first period of the first damn game. Nothing since.

I loved the physical play in the last game, but there's still only one line doing anything offensively (and even that is in spurts), the power play is below average (for a team stacked with offensive talent), the penalty kill equally as bad (with everyone healthy) and the timing/chemistry of nearly every player isn't even remotely close to where it should be. This all wreaks of the coach not having his team prepared.

Last edited by a moderator: