• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last night was a perfect synopsis of life as a Charger fan

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow start.. lots of what ifs... a stretch of greatness to build up our hopes, then a few WTFs to destroy them.

That's life as a Charger fan.

At least Verrett and Attaochu showed some promise, while the veterans stepped all over their dongs.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved what I saw out of Verrett. Also nice to see Malcolm Floyd back on the field. I was a little confused in why we weren't using our backs in the passing game more. Wood head wasn't involved at all.

Unfortunately, looking like an 0-2 start with Seattle up next.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved what I saw out of Verrett. Also nice to see Malcolm Floyd back on the field. I was a little confused in why we weren't using our backs in the passing game more. Wood head wasn't involved at all.

Unfortunately, looking like an 0-2 start with Seattle up next.

Yes, but if Weddle and Gilchrist can figure out how to hold on to interceptions, Rivers can remember how to catch a snap, Gates and Royal can remember how to catch balls that hit them in the numbers on 3rd down, and Freeney can remember how to tackle a QB, it could be an interesting game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say that DL looked pretty darn good. Freeney if he could tackle should have had 3 sacks in that game. I just became a bit more nervous about playing the Chargers after watching that game as the defense definitely surprised me. Verrett does look like the real deal even for being a short guy. The offense though did not look impressive at all. I know the Cardinals have a great defense but I really thought San Diego would put up a bit more than they did. The run game looked pathetic. Very surprising after last year looking so dominant.

Well it does look like a 2-horse race for the division though with both Oakland and KC looking pretty bad. I know it is early and they can turn things around obviously but I just don't see that happening.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say that DL looked pretty darn good. Freeney if he could tackle should have had 3 sacks in that game. I just became a bit more nervous about playing the Chargers after watching that game as the defense definitely surprised me. Verrett does look like the real deal even for being a short guy. The offense though did not look impressive at all. I know the Cardinals have a great defense but I really thought San Diego would put up a bit more than they did. The run game looked pathetic. Very surprising after last year looking so dominant.

Well it does look like a 2-horse race for the division though with both Oakland and KC looking pretty bad. I know it is early and they can turn things around obviously but I just don't see that happening.

The defense is definitely better but it's a shame to see the offense look so bad every September. Hopefully they'll right the ship as they normally do but perhaps McCoy should be playing the vets more in preseason. They typically played one or two series and that's it. Normally in the 3rd game starters will go into the 3rd quarter, but most didn't play past the 1st quarter. It'd be nice if they understood that game 1 is just as important as game 16.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to have been a problem for the Chargers across a few coaching changes though so I wonder why that could be. I agree the not playing the starters in the preseason is kind of stupid. Probably the team that played their starters the most was the Seahawks the last couple of years and well we see the success they have had. Obviously yes you take some chances of injuries but not being ready for the season seems just as detrimental as the chance of losing a couple of players.

I'm sure though the Chargers will be like they always are and turn it on late in the year and push for a playoff spot. I'm just hoping they fall far enough behind early to make life a bit easier on the Broncos.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is definitely better but it's a shame to see the offense look so bad every September. Hopefully they'll right the ship as they normally do but perhaps McCoy should be playing the vets more in preseason. They typically played one or two series and that's it. Normally in the 3rd game starters will go into the 3rd quarter, but most didn't play past the 1st quarter. It'd be nice if they understood that game 1 is just as important as game 16.

It's the first game. There is still time to work out the kinks. AZ had the #1 rush defense last year so I wouldn't be too concerned about the run game.

I feel your frustration about the mental mistakes. Both teams need to clean that up. For AZ, on the blocked punt a rookie completely missed his assignment. He didn't even block the guy. On the sack fumble, the same thing happened, Massie screwed up his blocking assignment and the pass rusher came unblocked. The Ellington fumble after a great drive, dropped interceptions, false starts...etc.

Again, it's the first game. The Chargers will be fine. That offense will start clicking and the defense looks much improved. I still think they make the playoffs.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to have been a problem for the Chargers across a few coaching changes though so I wonder why that could be. I agree the not playing the starters in the preseason is kind of stupid. Probably the team that played their starters the most was the Seahawks the last couple of years and well we see the success they have had. Obviously yes you take some chances of injuries but not being ready for the season seems just as detrimental as the chance of losing a couple of players.

I'm sure though the Chargers will be like they always are and turn it on late in the year and push for a playoff spot. I'm just hoping they fall far enough behind early to make life a bit easier on the Broncos.

We're about to go 0-2 and you guys will go 2-0. The division is very much Denver's to lose. I would love to see us turn around a good enough season to grab the wildcard spot though - which I think we can do.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was at a local bar here last night and things got very quiet and emptied out at the end of the game. Unbelievable. Looked like some drunk-ass people in Arizona last night though.

bigdaddytorr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cowboys fan, I don't want to hear it.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did like their secondary play(Verrett was really good) but overall on defense they had times where they should have been able to get a pick here and there

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow start.. lots of what ifs... a stretch of greatness to build up our hopes, then a few WTFs to destroy them.

That's life as a Charger fan.

At least Verrett and Attaochu showed some promise, while the veterans stepped all over their dongs.

Luckily in a few years you wont have to worry they will be in LA. :lol:

I kid.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it better to get really really really close for the past 3 years and then feel the ultimate let down ?? Or is it better to just get eliminated early and not have such a crushing blow dealt to you knowing just how close you were ??? Its hard to complain with my teams success the past few years but man when it all came crashing down it was brutal.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the '90s when the Hawks were just a train wreck. And I remember the early '00s were they were always *this* close.

The '90s led to less hair loss and drinking.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the '90s when the Hawks were just a train wreck. And I remember the early '00s were they were always *this* close.

The '90s led to less hair loss and drinking.

Yea, I think if your expectations are set real low, the only way to go is up. Which is why I have lived a relatively stress free sports life as a Cards fan.