• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Last MNF game of 2022 Season, Bills @ Bengals, Jan. 2, 8:30 PM ET

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true it's a positive sign he's out of immediate danger as his vitals are back to normal. But there could be possible brain damage as a result of the lack of O2 to the brain. One positive was the medical crews were on scene administering CPR quickly. The use of an induced comma can also be used as a
temporary hibernation to allow time for the brain to recuperate. One of the greatest hazards associated with brain injury is intracranial hypertension. Again kudos to the medical staff. Still praying for this young man that he will have a full recovery.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the replays of the faces of the players said game over to me.
I agree. The League will probably ask them to make the game up tomorrow. My guess is the players refuse to make it up, period

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true it's a positive sign he's out of immediate danger as his vitals are back to normal. But there could be possible brain damage as a result of the lack of O2 to the brain. One positive was the medical crews were on scene administering CPR quickly. The use of an induced comma can also be used as a
temporary hibernation to allow time for the brain to recuperate. One of the greatest hazards associated with brain injury is intracranial hypertension. Again kudos to the medical staff. Still praying for this young man that he will have a full recovery.
The tweet is from Damar's marketing rep and friend. It seems like good news....or at least somewhat positive news.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to be upset at any of the above outcomes....the NFL will need to revamp this rule going forward, and it is shocking that they don't already have something in place considering the violent nature of the game.

In the end - this is about Hamlin and his life...everything else will work itself out.

Not saying I’m right, but I don’t think it was the hit at all, I think he has a heart issue that wasn’t noticed, it just happened to show itself at that moment, could have happened at any time …

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I thought. League took way too much time to make a decision. Protocol should be in place for these situations. I felt bad for the broadcast crew trying to talk when that's the last thing they wanted to do. I'll add not only the crew but everyone!

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The medical professional who doubles as my gf says if they did compressions for 9 mins and he wasn't breathing on his own that it's really bad. It sucks, fellows. I hate it for that kid.

What it could possibly be,
Screenshot_20230102-203815_Chrome.jpg

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. The League will probably ask them to make the game up tomorrow. My guess is the players refuse to make it up, period
to me they use the percentages from a 16 game schedule while everyone else has 17 games.
Dont force this game

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For once they did the right thing, but you could tell from the delay in canceling the game they were trying to make the game still happen.
They were/are almost certainly shuffling all kinds of damage control and messaging. Reports from the NFL and ESPN are making sure to press there was "immediate attention." Impact of this will likely echo far beyond this season.

Should have been an easy call for a good leader, no buercratic or even damage control nonsense necessary. Hopefully it really was just beurocratic and emotional things that held them up for so long at least. Schedules can be adjusted when the time is right. We have plenty of it. Nothing says we can't extend the season a week if necessary. Kids life is way more important than all that. Felt for the commentary folks they kept cutting to, like they were supposed to know what to say commercial break after commercial break.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The medical professional who doubles as my gf says if they did compressions for 9 mins and he wasn't breathing on his own that it's really bad. It sucks, fellows. I hate it for that kid.

What it could possibly be,
View attachment 318089
Many things can potentially cause V-fib, but in young athletes 2 things stand out, Cardiomyopathy or prolonged QT syndrome… Obviously other conditions can cause it but those are 2 big ones in young athletes that collapse suddenly… Doctors will get to the bottom of it…

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren’t gonna know good news for days. He’s going to need to come out of the coma ok and only then will they be able to rule on the extent of impact to the brain with the 8-9 minutes in which he wasn’t with us. I’m going to bed with a number of prayers for the young man knowing that any more news that can come tonight could only be of the bad variety.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying I’m right, but I don’t think it was the hit at all, I think he has a heart issue that wasn’t noticed, it just happened to show itself at that moment, could have happened at any time …

It was no coincidence that it immediately followed getting hit in the chest. The hit must have caused it, but if it did it was a fluke because there was nothing especially violent about the hit itself.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren’t gonna know good news for days. He’s going to need to come out of the coma ok and only then will they be able to rule on the extent of impact to the brain with the 8-9 minutes in which he wasn’t with us. I’m going to bed with a number of prayers for the young man knowing that any more news that can come tonight could only be of the bad variety.

I hope that 8 or 9 minutes is wrong.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was no coincidence that it immediately followed getting hit in the chest. The hit must have caused it, but if it did it was a fluke because there was nothing especially violent about the hit itself.
Definitely still a possibility it was from the hit, but it also could be just the timing of when he happened to go into V-fib… It’s all speculation at this point, anything is a possibility … Chest impact at the exact right moment can cause V-fib… But that contact didn’t look bad at all, like you said.. this Doc explains it pretty well if it was in fact from the impact ….

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best wishes to Hamlin. Sadly similar things have happened in other sports. In soccer Marc-Vivien Foé died during a game. I was watching when Fabrice Muamba and Christian Eriksen suffered their heart attacks. 1 of those games was abandoned. The other game resumed after abut an hour. There's no hard and fast rule about how to handle such events.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I thought. League took way too much time to make a decision. Protocol should be in place for these situations. I felt bad for the broadcast crew trying to talk when that's the last thing they wanted to do. I'll add not only the crew but everyone!

After what happened with Christen Eriksen during a UEFA match a couple of years ago (cardiac arrest on the field, UEFA stupidly made them finish the game), there is zero excuse for every league in the world to not have some sort of plan for this scenario. Like it shouldn't even be a question. A life threatening situation where life saving care is administered on the field should be an immediate postponement. Figure out the rest later.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Hamlin is okay, but I expect this stuff to start happening more and more often in sports.