• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Last MNF game of 2022 Season, Bills @ Bengals, Jan. 2, 8:30 PM ET

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, missed some posts on here and if already been said, apologies. But for all those talking about the disadvantage to Cinci and the Bills forfeiting the game and shit, what if the Bills are up 7-3 in the first qtr? Do you then reverse that and virtually lock up the 1 seed for the Bills while Cinci then is possibly knocked out of the division title if they lose to Balt next week. Again, no result is perfect but c'mon man, all these talking points are beyond ridiculous. Neither team was capable or willing to continue playing last night. It's done. Move on.

Yes. Call it a tie and move on

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL has announced Buffalo and Cincinnati's postponed Week 17 game will not be resumed this week.​

In a statement, the league said it has "made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date." Perhaps the league is reserving the right to continue to contest if there is AFC seeding implications following Cincinnati's Week 18 game against the Ravens and Buffalo's date with the Patriots, but it is certainly seeming like this game will eventually be declared a no contest. That would mean all Week 17 fantasy results are final. The league has no good choices as the football world waits for more news on Damar Hamlin's status. Our thoughts remain with Hamlin, his family and teammates.
there it is

still seeking the most popular opinion
damage control required

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said you suggested it, just questioned why you were even giving that idea pause. You're fishing for an extended argument, but I've got to go back to work lol.

Well actually you're the one with the issue about this topic. I made it perfectly clear I was responding to something someone said.

That wasn't good enough for you. Next time figure out what's really going on with a topic instead of jumping in and not knowing what's going on.

You little rant is all on you for not knowing what was going on in the first place.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was me who said it... But it was a poorly worded post...

my whole point was if the game HAS to be made up, and it is played AFTER week 18, and KC beats the Raiders... those a three IFs... I can see Cincinatti forfeiting... or at least not having anyone of significance play the game, which is basically a forfeit...

It's all good. Make sure to tell shopson67 that since he entered this conversation a little confused about what was going on.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL has announced Buffalo and Cincinnati's postponed Week 17 game will not be resumed this week.​

In a statement, the league said it has "made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date." Perhaps the league is reserving the right to continue to contest if there is AFC seeding implications following Cincinnati's Week 18 game against the Ravens and Buffalo's date with the Patriots, but it is certainly seeming like this game will eventually be declared a no contest. That would mean all Week 17 fantasy results are final. The league has no good choices as the football world waits for more news on Damar Hamlin's status. Our thoughts remain with Hamlin, his family and teammates.

This makes sense. Kick it down the road until after the week 18 games and then re-evaluate.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't OT, so OT rules do not and should not apply. They're called OT rules for a reason. It isn't complicated. Of course a new rule is needed in order to do what you suggest. Why should "overtime logic" be applied to a 1st quarter situation? That makes zero sense. Buffalo goes for it on 4th down if they knew that was the story anyway.

Nobody will be forced to forfeit. If the Bengals want a higher seed the way to do that is to win more games.
If it's good enough logic to decide a game, then it's good enough logic to decide a game.

You are the one engaging in mental gymnasts to make 1+1 equal something other than 2.

For example, why would you remove the Burrow TD when it really actually happened? See if you can answer... Your answer will involve crazy and my answer is "count it because it happened." No imaginary bullshit needed.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's good enough logic to decide a game, then it's good enough logic to decide a game.

You are the one engaging in mental gymnasts to make 1+1 equal something other than 2.

For example, why would you remove the Burrow TD when it really actually happened? See if you can answer... Your answer will involve crazy and my answer is "count it because it happened." No imaginary bullshit needed.

Then propose a rule.. but rules cannot be retroactive. But go ahead and propose a rule change. We all could use the laugh.

You'll soon discover there's a reason nobody is proposing your "solution" aside from anonymous knuckleheads on the internet.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, missed some posts on here and if already been said, apologies. But for all those talking about the disadvantage to Cinci and the Bills forfeiting the game and shit, what if the Bills are up 7-3 in the first qtr? Do you then reverse that and virtually lock up the 1 seed for the Bills while Cinci then is possibly knocked out of the division title if they lose to Balt next week. Again, no result is perfect but c'mon man, all these talking points are beyond ridiculous. Neither team was capable or willing to continue playing last night. It's done. Move on.
You can "what IF" the future, but now you are "what IFing" the past. What really happened in that game was 8 and a half minutes of real football and then the game ended. So count the 8 and a half minutes and move on. Boo hoo. Anyone is free to get mad at reality if they don't like it.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Bills released a statement noting Damar Hamlin remains in critical condition Tuesday afternoon.​

Hamlin is still in the intensive care unit. We are still hoping and praying that he is able to recover from the cardiac arrest he suffered on-field Monday night. We will continue to update Hamlin's status. We're hoping the next update brings better news.
Damn

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a great pic of why the game was suspended...

1672773316890.png

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can "what IF" the future, but now you are "what IFing" the past. What really happened in that game was 8 and a half minutes of real football and then the game ended. So count the 8 and a half minutes and move on. Boo hoo. Anyone is free to get mad at reality if they don't like it.

I’m not the biggest fan of this idea, but it’s better than upending your entire playoff schedule to try and help buffalo.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then propose a rule.. but rules cannot be retroactive. But go ahead and propose a rule change. We all could use the laugh.

You'll soon discover there's a reason nobody is proposing your "solution" aside from anonymous knuckleheads on the internet.
Propose a new rule for next season? Are you dense? They need a solution now. They didn't have a rule that covers this situation.

They made a mistake, but I know how to fix it. You count the game as it happened and you move on.

May other games reach their full 60 minutes or become exposed to weird "overtime logic that isn't good enough to decide games."(according to you)

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many good points have been made, it is truly a tragic situation, and difficult to reach a fair decision. Foremost, hope Daman fully recovers.

Something no one is talking about … Don’t want to sound insensitive, but the play was clean. Hamlin tried to tackle Higgins in full force and got smashed in the chest. The Bengals and HC responded with much empathy, as they should have, risking a negative outcome for the team.

Punishing the Bengals, or other teams as has been mentioned, will set a bad precedent. The decision NFL needs to make is a hard one for sure. Would not want to be in their shoes.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not the biggest fan of this idea, but it’s better than upending your entire playoff schedule to try and help buffalo.
There is no perfect solution, but it is the best one.

To try to help people understand and get over the initial shock of a really short game consider that Burrow really threw that TD pass in a real NFL game (up to that point).

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Propose a new rule for next season? Are you dense? They need a solution now. They didn't have a rule that covers this situation.

They made a mistake, but I know how to fix it. You count the game as it happened and you move on.

May other games reach their full 60 minutes or become exposed to weird "overtime logic that isn't good enough to decide games."(according to you)

There's a reason nobody is proposing your "solution" aside from anonymous knuckleheads on the internet... and I've some bad news for you.. it ain't because nobody is as smart as you.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of injuries in sports, some gruesome and life threatening, never seen a game canceled because of it.

That's all i got to say....

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think any team should take a forfeit in this scenario. It's unjust and it sets a precedent for people to act inhumanely in the future should (god forbid) something like this arise again.
The game stopped for their injured player.

There is money on the line here. It’s the only solution aside from finishing the game. Nothing inhumane about it.

Chief Cola

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how I think it should work:

Buffalo-Patriots and Bengals-Ravens play on Sunday.

On Thursday night, Buffalo-Bengals, score is 7-3, ball at the same yardline at 6:12, 1st and 10 Cincy. Just like as if it were a rain delay.

I deleted my rant about the stupid participation trophies they're giving to bad teams to be in the playoffs and just say the Bills and Bengals get a bye from the garbage teams playing each other in the wild card round of the playoffs.

There is no way a 11-4 and 12-3 team(s) should have to play some shitty team with a losing record in the playoffs anyway.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of injuries in sports, some gruesome and life threatening, never seen a game canceled because of it.

Hank Gathers incident comes to mind... Didn't he collapse on the court w/ a heart attack and die? I think it was during the WCC Tournament... I think they cancelled the game AND the tournament...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear what you are saying and the world is getting softer, but these players watched them do CPR and AED unsuccessfully for a long time and it really felt worse than just a big hit that the doctors would solve at the hospital. This was "probably dead" not just "probably really injured."