• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LaRon Landry as a stopgap?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great? That is a bit of a stretch. A guy makes the pro bowl one year & you put him in that category? How about his time with Indy?

Let's be real here. This goes well beyond not being coached correctly or having the right players around you. Landry was always more concerned with being a bodybuilder & not a football player & somewhat paid the price this season with his suspension. Also - he was always concerned about looking good & making the killer hit as opposed to simply doing what was best for the team.

Perhaps he may have played better if Taylor (RIP) were still around (as would just about any defensive player), but I highly doubt that he would have been a great or possibly even a very good player. I just don't see this guy ever being that good given his mindset.

My whole argument was based on "if Sean Taylor was still playing alongside him".
Sean and Laron(rookie season) led the Skins to the playoffs where Landry was excellent defending his zone and also managed to get some ints in the playoffs as well.
Great start.
....Several years later when Landry is reunited with Elite talent on the Jets, he has another great year.
....Landry bails for money to a Colts defense that is trash, he gets exposed again against the pass.

LOL at you saying this guy would not have even average being mentored by Sean Taylor.
*smh* that was low SoCal

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 10-game suspension convincingly puts to rest this issue. Hopefully, Laron will enjoy a second career as a Muscle and Fitness model.