• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lambs football is back. Seriously tho...

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outmatched, outgunned, and out coached.

Before the season started Bernie wrote and interesting article Ram Bytes: Prediction for 2013 : Sports about how the Rams are a better team but their record wouldn’t reflect that this season. I actually bashed Bernie on his comment section saying how could we better but not have a better record than last season? Now I can see he is much more knowledgeable than I and I now see what he was referring to.

Youth Factor

I honestly think this team’s biggest problem is the “youth factor”, and it might be too late for Fisher and Co. to recover from this marvelous blunder they have created. See the thing with creating a team that’s the youngest team in NFL HISTORY, is you have to be 100% right on your young players. Problem is with that is, no one knows if Tavon Austin is going to be an all pro player, no one knows is Ogletree is going to be the next Patrick Willis or the flip side Aaron Curry. When you put too much faith on all of these young players shoulders more likely than not it’s going to blow up in your face, and I think we’re seeing that happen right before our eyes. As we sit right now the Rams are way beyond any team in the league in mistakes and penalties. Obviously the Rams are not good enough on offense to overcome these hardships, and Brian Schott is not creative enough and doesn’t have the talent around Sam to get this done.

Bradford Factor

Well I have to admit I’ve always been a Bradford supporter, I like the guy. He seems like a kid with a good head on his shoulders and there’s no doubt he wants to win. However, I don’t think he’s the type of player to carry a team on his shoulders and make everyone else around him better. Let’s face it, he’s been given a very tall order this year. He’s been told, here’s the youngest most inexperienced team in the league, take them and lead them to the promise land. Clearly he’s just not this type of player/person. Sam seems more like the strong silent type not the John Elway, Brady, Manning's and Bree’s of the world. I have never seen him get on a player or encourage a teammate to do better and when the chips are down he doesn’t pick anyone up around him. Quite frankly I’m tired of no emotion I want to see the QB on the sidelines yelling at his players, even yelling at his coaches. There was a significant moment in the game when I saw Sam’s eyes roll in the back of his head when he received a play call from Schotty. :L Mind you this was when the rams were only down 7-3 and they were driving, so the game wasn’t out of reach at this point. When I saw this I pointed out to a couple friends of mine, “Here comes an obvious running play that will catch no one off guard.” Of course the next play was a running play on 2nd and 2 that went for 1 yard. Then on 3rd and 1 they go long in the endzone and get picked off. I can see why Bradford got annoyed… but here’s the thing! If you know what’s being called isn’t working, THEN TAKE CONTROL! Bradford, you’re a 50+ million dollar QB that’s headed towards ‘busttown’ it's time to prove everyone wrong and take control of this team before you end up riding some ones bench because you didn’t have the stones to tell your OC you’re boring and predictable or tell your players get your head in the game.

Finnegan & DB Factor

During training camp stories on STL Today were coming out about how our WR’s were beating our CB’s on a consistent basis. Courtland’s name kept surfacing in the articles and I said to myself wow maybe our WR core is much improved. Apparently worst case scenario has come true. Our CB’s have regressed to the point of no return. Finnegan has been ranked the worst CB in the league, that’s right… the worst. The rest of our guys aren’t far behind him. Do you think for one second that Fisher pulled him from the game because of a hip injury? I think not, I respect the fact that Fisher came up with some lame excuse on why to bench his All-Star cornerback but at some point you have to send a message to your team that this type of play isn’t going to tolerated and putting an excuse next to it will send the wrong message. The Rams secondary had two jobs last night. Cover an over-the-hill WR and a banged up TE, and we couldn’t even do that, not to mention Safety play was a horror story. Both McDonald and McLeod were simply lousy in pass coverage. Always late getting to the WR and taking God awful angles. It looked like a college game out there with these guys. Again it brings me full circle to the youth factor. All these players are very young minus Court and it is really showing up now. Inexperience has shown through and coaching hasn’t done their job in showing these guys the proper fundamentals so at the very least we’re competitive.

OLine & Dline Factor

Weren’t these supposed to be the strong points of the team this year? Brokers, Quinn, Long, Sims, Hayes, Landford, Cudjo are supposed to be difference makers? Are you kidding me? They look completely lost, have we regressed to 2011? How is this possible?
J Long, Williams, Wells, Dahl, Saffold / Barksdale…What in the hell happened to you guys? Dahl and Barksdale are supposed to be road graders, J Long and Williams are both young and very high draft picks, so why are you guys getting ran over by LB’s? Wells you’re just god awful and you need to be benched. It’s now apparent that letting go of Turner in the offseason was the single biggest mistake we could have made this offseason. It honestly hurts my feelings to see these guys play like this, it hurts to see our 50million dollar QB on his backside on almost every single snap. It hurts to see our RB’s only get 1-2 yard gains because you guys can’t get any push upfront. It kills me to see two RB’s in a row that were averaging 2.7 yards per carry before they played us, only to give up 150+ yards to both of them in consecutive weeks, it’s pathetic.

Coaching Farce

Where do I start?

Let’s start with Fisher…Where’s the passion? Where’s the blame? Are you going to come back out in your weekly press conference and say, I don’t know what happened? I’ll tell you what happened, your players are giving up. That’s what happening. You put all your faith into a bunch of rookies and 2nd year players that haven’t proven anything. You brought a guy over from Detroit (Walton) that was part of an awful Defense that had talent but always underachieved and you made him your defensive coordinator. As you can see from the last 4 games he’s in waaaay over his head, and it’s your fault Fisher. You took a gamble on a guy who has no play calling experience and now it’s showing up in a bad way.
Now it’s time to switch gears and talk about Schotty. So far I’m simply unimpressed, I know I can’t make Brian get out there and catch the ball for these receivers but execution is only half of the problem. The other half is play calling. Someone (Fisher) should tell him this isn’t madden football and 5 yard drag route after 5 yard drag route is not going to work in the NFL. Someone should tell him there’s this thing called coaches tape and if they see you’re just running 5 to 10 yard routes they’re going to sit down on coverage. Brian is playing a dangerous game right now. He’s not creating any mismatches and not showing anything that other teams haven’t already seen. I’m not saying he needs to be the next Mike Martz but change up your game plan from week to week.
And Finally,
This debacle is on you Fish. Plain and simple you have made bad choices in going with too much youth rather than a mix of some rookies and veterans. The lack of experience and lack of discipline are too much for this team to overcome. Will it get better? I’m sure it eventually will once these guys get some experience and if they don’t turn out to be bust. I do expect some heads to roll in the coming weeks if things don’t dramatically change. I don’t mind that you’re losing right now, but I mind in the way we are doing it. It’s unacceptable period.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't add anything to that! Well thought out Melt...errrrrrr Jacobarch

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha i often wonder if I should of left my s/n the same.....

BTW you guys remember this.....

Spags first year (w/ Sam) 7-9 Rams looked like they could push for a division spot the next year.
Spags second year (w/ Sam) Debacle 2-14, hyped up during the offseason and fall flat on their faces. Sam has an awful season.
Fisher First year (w/ sam) 7-8-1 Rams looked like they could push for a division spot the next year.
Fisher second year (w/ sam) Could this be another debacle? same hype, same look so far this year. I just don't get it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spags first year (w/ Sam) 7-9 Rams looked like they could push for a division spot the next year.
Spags second year (w/ Sam) Debacle 2-14, hyped up during the offseason and fall flat on their faces. Sam has an awful season.
Fisher First year (w/ sam) 7-8-1 Rams looked like they could push for a division spot the next year.
Fisher second year (w/ sam) Could this be another debacle? same hype, same look so far this year. I just don't get it.
Fisher is having a lot of the same personnel issues that Spags had in his 2nd year, thats for sure. Fisher's first year was better than Spags first year, though, just due to who each team beat.

If we go 2-14 this year, our 2 first round picks will be QB and OT and at least 2 of the 4 get fired: Coach, OC, DC, GM. They have to go at least 4-12. There needs to be some hope

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spags 1st yr with Sam was Spags 2nd as HC so there is that difference. Coach Fisher, to date and starting his second year, is 8-11-1 (.410) lifetime and 5-1-1 (.720) in-division. In Spags first 20 games as HC he was 3-17 (.150) and 1-7 (.125) in division to that point. In Spags first 20 games with Sam he was 7-13 (.350) lifetime and 1-7 (425) in-division.

Fisher
Spags
First 20 games
8-11-1 (.410)

3-17-0 (.150)
5-1-1 (.720) in-division

1-7-0 (.125) in division

First 20 games w/ Sam
8-11-1 (.410)
7-13-0 (.350)
5-1-1 (.720) in-division
1-7-0 (.125) in division

Lifetime as Rams HC
08-11-1 (.410)
10-38-0 (.208)

Fisher is having a lot of the same personnel issues that Spags had in his 2nd year, thats for sure. Fisher's first year was better than Spags first year, though, just due to who each team beat.

If we go 2-14 this year, our 2 first round picks will be QB and OT and at least 2 of the 4 get fired: Coach, OC, DC, GM. They have to go at least 4-12. There needs to be some hope
Just so you know Spags finished up a three year torture of Rams fans with a 10-38 (.208). That said, Fisher could go 3-26 (.107) from here out and he would still finish with a better record.

By the way, I wanted Spags fired after he finished up the 2010 season. I caught a lot of flak for it too, just ask anyone of the SeeBSer's. He still had a strong following going 8-24 (.333) 2 years in. Again Fisher could lose every remaining game this season & next 0-28 and he still would end up a mere 1/2 game behind Spags.

These two are nowhere near similar, and there is no way the Rams let Jeff or Les go even if they finish 0-14 from here out and I just don't see them firing both the OC and the DC in the same year.

I see us with only 1 position taking the fall, either the OC or the DC.

Last edited by a moderator:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha i often wonder if I should of left my s/n the same.....

Yeah it's pretty easy. Sam is not good on head coaches. Spags D was ok his first year too. But the D can't do it alone. How many Tds have we scored in the 1st half of 4 games?

You expect the D to keep it close with that output? Against the Falcons, Cowboys, and 49ers?

LOL

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradford stinks. Holds the ball forever, can't pull the trigger. Then most of the time when he finally lets it go it's a panic pass. Yes holds the ball forever then passes quickly in panic mode 7 yards down field to a covered receiver who might catch it. There was one play on Thursday when Bradford had all day to throw, he eventually ran to the right side of the field and threw way over everybody's head. But there was still no one close to him. So he should of waited for someone to get open. Just because he had the ball for so long he just threw it away. Bradford has always stunk in the red zone. He makes bad mistakes all the time as in INT''s for TD's fumbles etc. He just plain stinks. He's not any kind of leader too. No passion or fire. Bradford would be a decent QB if he had a Dan Marino Dolphins hay day type O-Line. That's what it would take for him. Yes I know everything else about this RAMS team stinks too.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's pretty easy. Sam is not good on head coaches. Spags D was ok his first year too. But the D can't do it alone. How many Tds have we scored in the 1st half of 4 games?

You expect the D to keep it close with that output? Against the Falcons, Cowboys, and 49ers?

LOL

No I don't expect the D to keep it close with how our Offense has played. Where did you get that?

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some forget that Spags had to clean up Linehands mess. Fisher inherited a better team than Spags did... And look where we still are.