• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers vs Pelicans 11/8/2013

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they are on they are a sharp-shooting nightmare for other teams. But when they suck, they suck really badly as they were tonight. I know that is not the most enlightening statement but this team early on seems to have two personalities. And tonight we saw the krappy one-again!

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even as badly as they played. Missed FT's etc. If Pau just did something the LAKERS could of won. Pau is just useless. I think half the turnovers the LAKERS had were passes to Gasol.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they are on they are a sharp-shooting nightmare for other teams. But when they suck, they suck really badly as they were tonight. I know that is not the most enlightening statement but this team early on seems to have two personalities. And tonight we saw the krappy one-again!

That's what makes superstars... Consistency, we have no consistent players outside of Pau... As for Pau he is old but he's pacing himself... He is not doing himself any favors this being a contract year... Thing is, he should be getting the same rest as Nash... Kaman and Hill at Center Williams and Johnson at the 4... Anthony Davis is small but athletic enough to get around size... I knew this game was a loss like many here did, that's why I made no bets... No bet before I bet against... :suds:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Suns beat the Pelicans does that make PHX > LA?

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jk just messing with you guys. although the Suns are playing pretty well

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think even as badly as they played. Missed FT's etc. If Pau just did something the LAKERS could of won. Pau is just useless. I think half the turnovers the LAKERS had were passes to Gasol.

Agree here. After the telecast James Worthy and everyone else agreed this game was winnable. That said, spot-on with the analysis on Gasol. TO's killed it towards the end and most were on him. It seems the guy simply loses focus at times, which you wouldn't think would happen that much from one of your team's leaders...

Hoping they shake this loss off and learn from it...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Wlk3, if he is pacing himself, he chose a krappy way to do it going what, 3-22 over two games? I mean do something besides flail around like a dying fish and attempt to back your player in only to get stuffed or lose the ball or make a terrible pass as he has done over the last two games.

He used to be a crisp passer and regarded as one of the better bigs passers in the league, but here of late even that part of his game has gone south. If that is being consistent (which it appears it is), he has chosen the wrong side of that consistency coin and as you have stated is not doing himself any favors!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six of our next seven games are at home. This is where we really need to take the next baby step. All are against low power-ranked teams. Wishful thinking dictates we should go 7-0 but if we can go 6-1 or 5-2, that would really support the establishment of team confidence that we need right now. There is no pressure and player combinations should become a better fixture and Don'tknowi should get a pretty good idea of who the 8-10 players are on this new team.

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the athleticism of the Lakers and they certainly improved their bench. They need to find a go to guy though until Kobe comes back.

I thought without Howard there and him being a veteran that Gasol would be a leader and be that guy - maybe not to the extent of a Kobe or other go to guys but someone who would do something and command the ball and such.

But dang Gasl (purposely left out the o in his name because he has no o in his game anymore) looks like a fragment of the player he was. I know he played nice defense against Howard but Howard has no heart nowadays. He doesn't look like he wants to try out there.

besaesa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the athleticism of the Lakers and they certainly improved their bench. They need to find a go to guy though until Kobe comes back.

I thought without Howard there and him being a veteran that Gasol would be a leader and be that guy - maybe not to the extent of a Kobe or other go to guys but someone who would do something and command the ball and such.

But dang Gasl (purposely left out the o in his name because he has no o in his game anymore) looks like a fragment of the player he was. I know he played nice defense against Howard but Howard has no heart nowadays. He doesn't look like he wants to try out there.

Honestly Pau looks done in my opinion and I have been trying to give him the benefit of the doubt now. It is one thing when he struggles offensively, but the fact that he now does not play any defense is inexcusable. I will always have love for him for the titles he did help la get however.