• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers Vs Knicks Jan 26, 2014

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit I was right they gave up 110 points once gain HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off we go and back home with a spectacular 2-5 on the Grammy road trip and 16-29. I am out of explanations. We are even for the bottom with Utah!!

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off we go and back home with a spectacular 2-5 on the Grammy road trip and 16-29. I am out of explanations. We are even for the bottom with Utah!!

Oh shit I read this & was ROFL you're killing me Retroram52. :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On bright side, Indy is up next!:L

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt sorry for Ryan Kelly. He has no business guarding Melo one and one. Melo had him on skates. Poor kid.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, Gasbag threw a temper tantrum after the Magic game according an article at Yahoo Sports. Maybe he should look in the mirror at the end of a game and allowing points in the paint. Gasbag has been playing better recently but still has made some krappy plays at the end of games that have just killed us.

Granted, the team has to learn to play defense for the entire game and we are 30th in the league in second chance points by opponents. Rebounding takes heart and apparently we have little or no heart as I think everyone gets that tanking is beneficial in the long run or playing heartless basketball is the MO these days. All this losing has got to Gasol after all.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly, Gasbag threw a temper tantrum after the Magic game according an article at Yahoo Sports. Maybe he should look in the mirror at the end of a game and allowing points in the paint. Gasbag has been playing better recently but still has made some krappy plays at the end of games that have just killed us.

Granted, the team has to learn to play defense for the entire game and we are 30th in the league in second chance points by opponents. Rebounding takes heart and apparently we have little or no heart as I think everyone gets that tanking is beneficial in the long run or playing heartless basketball is the MO these days. All this losing has got to Gasol after all.

Good. I'm glad he did. With Kobe out, he is the veteran leader and needs to act like it.

As for the defense, people need to get off of Pau. Just because he's 7 feet tall doesn't put the responsibility for the defensive breakdowns on him. Defense is a team effort.

Pau has his own responsibilities on defense. When perimeter players get beat because they rotate too slow or too far, they leave a lane to the paint. This means Pau needs to leave his man to stop the player driving the lane, leaving his man open for a pass. If he chooses not to leave his man, then the opposing player has lane to the hoop. In short, regardless of what Pau does, he's left looking like it's his mistake.

If Pau were getting beat consistently guarding his man one on one, THAT would be his fault, but that's not what I'm seeing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. I'm glad he did. With Kobe out, he is the veteran leader and needs to act like it.

As for the defense, people need to get off of Pau. Just because he's 7 feet tall doesn't put the responsibility for the defensive breakdowns on him. Defense is a team effort.

Pau has his own responsibilities on defense. When perimeter players get beat because they rotate too slow or too far, they leave a lane to the paint. This means Pau needs to leave his man to stop the player driving the lane, leaving his man open for a pass. If he chooses not to leave his man, then the opposing player has lane to the hoop. In short, regardless of what Pau does, he's left looking like it's his mistake.

If Pau were getting beat consistently guarding his man one on one, THAT would be his fault, but that's not what I'm seeing.

To piggyback my own point:

Defense in basketball is played "on a string", so to speak. In other words, you should be able to tie a string between the 5 defensive players and they should be able to make their defensive rotations without breaking the string. The Lakers "break the string" a lot.

When I coached high school basketball several years ago, I used to literally tie a kite string to all 5 players when teaching them defensive principles early in the season. Worked like a charm.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that defense is a team effort and that was my point in my last post. In addition, the bigs have the added responsibility of rebounding to a greater extent because they are closest to the basket by position and apparently somebody isn't taking that seriously on the offensive end of the glass.

Gasol's numbers have improved and to some extent, long rebounding is more of a team game as well. We are 30th in the league in offensive rebounds for a reason and I have often watched opponents go for the rebound with more gusto while we stand around and watch. Again, there is a lot to fix on this team and I included Gasol's contribution because of his obvious position. The same could be said about Hill, Sacre, and Kaman although Hill does play pretty aggressively in most departments.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that defense is a team effort and that was my point in my last post. In addition, the bigs have the added responsibility of rebounding to a greater extent because they are closest to the basket by position and apparently somebody isn't taking that seriously on the offensive end of the glass.

Gasol's numbers have improved and to some extent, long rebounding is more of a team game as well. We are 30th in the league in offensive rebounds for a reason and I have often watched opponents go for the rebound with more gusto while we stand around and watch. Again, there is a lot to fix on this team and I included Gasol's contribution because of his obvious position. The same could be said about Hill, Sacre, and Kaman although Hill does play pretty aggressively in most departments.

I think a lot of what we are seeing is a result of all of the injuries. It's hard to develop consistency when you have a different starting lineup every other game. I think once the Lakers get everybody back, we'll see more consistent defense and rebounding!!