• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers Vs 76ersMar 30, 2015

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I THINK THEY'RE GOING TO PULL IT OFF!!!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 bad teams but this has been a GREAT game....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Clarkson: 26 points, 11 assists, 6 rebounds and 3 steals.

Jabari Brown: 22 points.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double loss. Not only does it make it harder to catch the Sixers, but the Sixers get a better shot at our pick now. Probably just gonna have to settle for 4th and pray for luck.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly even had one of his better games this season with 16 points (on 5 of 9 shooting), 7 rebounds, 4 assists, and 4 blocks.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's 2 wins against the team they were fighting for 3rd pick with and they come up with two W's.

These guys just don't know how to lose when it's most beneficial for the team.

If they drop out of the top 5 and the Sixers get their pick, they can look to these two meaningless wins as the reason why the rebuild will take longer than it should've.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are going to blow this LOL They will pass Orlando in wins and may catch Sac and fall to six. ARGH!!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double loss. Not only does it make it harder to catch the Sixers, but the Sixers get a better shot at our pick now. Probably just gonna have to settle for 4th and pray for luck.

If they finish 4th, there's still only about a 17% chance they fall out of the bottom 5. I'd still feel better if they could somehow get to 3rd though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's 2 wins against the team they were fighting for 3rd pick with and they come up with two W's.

These guys just don't know how to lose when it's most beneficial for the team.

If they drop out of the top 5 and the Sixers get their pick, they can look to these two meaningless wins as the reason why the rebuild will take longer than it should've.

I just have to shake my head at statements like these. It's like you've never played a sport in your life or have been involved in competition. What exactly are the players supposed to do? Stop trying? Risk injury and future earnings by playing lazy?

The coach is doing what he can to tank. He's rolling out the most inexperienced lineup that he can. Teams like Philly and Minnesota are simply bad teams.

I pinned the Lakers at the 4th spot for several weeks now. Orlando is getting a bit close for comfort. I see only two more victories for the Lakers though.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most frustrating team is Orlando. They should be way better then their record.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second time in a week that the Lakers have fought for an OT victory. These guys won't be happy until they postpone that 1st rounder until 2016.

Lakers should definitely lose their next 4, but the game against the Wolves and the home and home against the Kings could be wins. Arrrgh.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what may be occurring here is this team does not want to be known as the worst in team history and they have nine games to tie last year's worst record or do one better. So they will probably win 23 or 24 games for that scenario. We will probably retain fourth worst so I am not worried.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they finish 4th, there's still only about a 17% chance they fall out of the bottom 5. I'd still feel better if they could somehow get to 3rd though.

Yep. I've been campaigning for 3rd the last 2 months once it looked attainable with Philly starting to win some games. 3rd worst all but guarantees we keep the pick (like a 5% chance we lose it). On top of that, it increases the odds of at least getting a Top 4 pick. And seeing that the consensus is there's 4 prospect with star potential (Towns, Okafor, Russell, Mudiay), that'd be the perfect place to land.

I just have to shake my head at statements like these. It's like you've never played a sport in your life or have been involved in competition. What exactly are the players supposed to do? Stop trying? Risk injury and future earnings by playing lazy?

The coach is doing what he can to tank. He's rolling out the most inexperienced lineup that he can. Teams like Philly and Minnesota are simply bad teams.

I pinned the Lakers at the 4th spot for several weeks now. Orlando is getting a bit close for comfort. I see only two more victories for the Lakers though.

Eh...I don't know about that. It's true we've been healthy scratching players in an effort to tank. But there's also been a few games over the last month or so where it's late in the 4th, we're trailing by 7 or more, and instead of packing it up and taking the loss, Scott keeps tampering with things to get a meaningless comeback victory. It's those situations that kill us. Just take the loss. It is by far more beneficial that way. Whatever lesson you're imparting there could easily be taught in November next season (like you can't tell me Clarkson can't learn clutch shots on a random Wednesday around Thanksgiving). It's stuff like that when the FO needs to sit down with Scott, explain things to him, and get everyone on the same page. Those lessons aren't going to mean much when your rebuild gets another 4 years added to it because you pissed away a potential draft stud.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I've been campaigning for 3rd the last 2 months once it looked attainable with Philly starting to win some games. 3rd worst all but guarantees we keep the pick (like a 5% chance we lose it). On top of that, it increases the odds of at least getting a Top 4 pick. And seeing that the consensus is there's 4 prospect with star potential (Towns, Okafor, Russell, Mudiay), that'd be the perfect place to land.

Eh...I don't know about that. It's true we've been healthy scratching players in an effort to tank. But there's also been a few games over the last month or so where it's late in the 4th, we're trailing by 7 or more, and instead of packing it up and taking the loss, Scott keeps tampering with things to get a meaningless comeback victory. It's those situations that kill us. Just take the loss. It is by far more beneficial that way. Whatever lesson you're imparting there could easily be taught in November next season (like you can't tell me Clarkson can't learn clutch shots on a random Wednesday around Thanksgiving). It's stuff like that when the FO needs to sit down with Scott, explain things to him, and get everyone on the same page. Those lessons aren't going to mean much when your rebuild gets another 4 years added to it because you pissed away a potential draft stud.

Exactly

If they lose this years pick the rebuild gets at least 2 years added to it, if not more.

I understand the players not wanting to purposely lose, and I don't expect them to. But, certainly Scott could be coaching in a way that would lead to some extra L's. If they lose this years pick, he will be gone before the team ever has the talent to turn this franchise around, and for what? 2 meaningless wins against the team that you may end up giving your pick to?

That's what doesn't make sense to me.