• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers @ Knicks , 11/8/2015

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing that could happen is we finish as a top 3 bad team and keep that pick and Kobe retires. We select another youngster and sign a couple free agents that want to be part of mentoring the kids and bringing the Lakers back to prominence.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best thing that could happen is we finish as a top 3 bad team and keep that pick and Kobe retires. We select another youngster and sign a couple free agents that want to be part of mentoring the kids and bringing the Lakers back to prominence.
I don't think they are bad enough to keep the pick. I want them to be a playoff contender, kobe retires, free agents see this as a young team that needs a superstar to help them go to the neXT level.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they are bad enough to keep the pick. I want them to be a playoff contender, kobe retires, free agents see this as a young team that needs a superstar to help them go to the neXT level.

As much as you want them to be a playoff contender......it isn't happening. Not even close, not in the Western Conference this season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers aren't going to the playoffs this year. The idea this year, is for the kids, especially Randle, Russell and Clarkson to develop and play well enough that they are attractive to a top level FA or 2. If they do that, then they will be back in the playoffs next year.

It's also about getting Kobe through his possible "farewell season" healthy so that fans around the league can show their appreciation.

Been kind of fun seeing fans of other teams cheering when he does something well and chanting his name.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if folks want a superstar, there is one in Oklahoma City that has his eye on the Lakers as a destination.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if folks want a superstar, there is one in Oklahoma City that has his eye on the Lakers as a destination.

Steven Adams' mustache wants to be a Laker?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I was referring to Kevin Durant but leave it up a well-known knucklehead to screw things up.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell's been doing some good things on both sides of the ball these last two games. Good pick-and-roll actions. He's money from the elbows. Better on-ball defense. It's just a matter of letting him play. That should be without the threat of being benched if he makes some mistakes. That leads to hesitant play.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend who is a Knicks fan is making fun of the fact that his rookie PG. Grant is looking a hell of a lot better than Russell. They are playing very close in terms of statistics. But, Russell is getting better each game. IF he can keep getting more confident and start getting more aggressive with the ball in his hands he just might make me change my mind about him being a bust in the making.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friend who is a Knicks fan is making fun of the fact that his rookie PG. Grant is looking a hell of a lot better than Russell. They are playing very close in terms of statistics. But, Russell is getting better each game. IF he can keep getting more confident and start getting more aggressive with the ball in his hands he just might make me change my mind about him being a bust in the making.

It would help if the coach would stop yo-yoing his minutes for no good reason and actually tailor the offense to help him out. Keep the ball in Russell's hands. Let him create by spreading the floor and running various pick and rolls. Instead, Byron essentially has him walking the ball up (and he doesn't get to that, half the time its Clarkson or Williams) and passing the ball into an Iso. Then Russell just stands around for the rest of the possession. The offense is broken as hell to the point where there isn't really a recognizable strategy.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would help if the coach would stop yo-yoing his minutes for no good reason and actually tailor the offense to help him out. Keep the ball in Russell's hands. Let him create by spreading the floor and running various pick and rolls. Instead, Byron essentially has him walking the ball up (and he doesn't get to that, half the time its Clarkson or Williams) and passing the ball into an Iso. Then Russell just stands around for the rest of the possession. The offense is broken as hell to the point where there isn't really a recognizable strategy.

I agree. Scott and the Princeton offense suck. For some reason Buss has a hardon for the Princeton offense and it never won jack at any level.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on both posts Hangman. I watched Russell yesterday and he is playing more disciplined and recognizing things better when he is out there. I think at the right time Scott may believe in him, turn him loose, and then he may really fulfill what everyone is expecting from him as the #2 overall pick.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, considering that the triangle doesn't really require a point guard, the Knicks rookie PG doesn't have as much responsibility as Russell does.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would help if the coach would stop yo-yoing his minutes for no good reason and actually tailor the offense to help him out. Keep the ball in Russell's hands. Let him create by spreading the floor and running various pick and rolls.

I get that Byron wants to bring him along slowly and that he wants all of the players to earn their playing time. The one thing that concerns me though, is when Russell said that Byron hadn't told him why he was benched.

If you're going to use playing time as your hammer (and it's the biggest hammer coaches have), then you need to make it very clear to the players why they have lost or gained playing time. There's time to do that, even in the middle of the game. A simple "you're not bringing it on defense, go have a seat on the bench" can go a long way during a game. Then, put them back in and see if they improve.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that Byron wants to bring him along slowly and that he wants all of the players to earn their playing time. The one thing that concerns me though, is when Russell said that Byron hadn't told him why he was benched.

If you're going to use playing time as your hammer (and it's the biggest hammer coaches have), then you need to make it very clear to the players why they have lost or gained playing time. There's time to do that, even in the middle of the game. A simple "you're not bringing it on defense, go have a seat on the bench" can go a long way during a game. Then, put them back in and see if they improve.

Scott should start with his BFF Kobe.