• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers 2017-2018 Season Thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Kuzma starts from here on out!! Can you believe this team won without Lopez and KCP? Two trade bait assets. IMO

Yeah, that was a shocker. And in Houston on top of it. Arguably their most impressive win in about 5 years. I agree on Kuzma. I love Nance too, but Kuzma has been the better player.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another close loss to the Warriors.

And Kuzma is still going off.

For all the Simmons talk for ROTY, I think Kuzma has played his way into the conversation.

In fact, Kuzma's may be more impressive considering nobody expected it from him. Simmons was the #1 pick a year and a half ago, so everyone knew his potential.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another close loss to the Warriors.

And Kuzma is still going off.

For all the Simmons talk for ROTY, I think Kuzma has played his way into the conversation.

In fact, Kuzma's may be more impressive considering nobody expected it from him. Simmons was the #1 pick a year and a half ago, so everyone knew his potential.

Yeah, Kuz is definitely in the conversation. If Simmons drops off and Kuz keeps it up, he may be able to overtake him. However, I'm not holding my breath waiting for Simmons to drop off.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun game though. I love the way they always seem to fight back, even when they are down big. Over the last few years, games like last night turned into embarrassing blowouts. These guys don't ever give up or quit playing hard.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luke has got this team to buy into defensive, never-quit mentality that are excellent foundations for a young team with long-term aspirations for championships. Might be Magic Johnson's influence as well.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball has a bum shoulder. Gonna miss the Christmas game and possibly some more

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we see and will continue to see improvement from this team, but I think we may only win 25-27 games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we see and will continue to see improvement from this team, but I think we may only win 25-27 games.

I still see 30-35 as long as they can get and stay healthy. I was pretty happy with how they hung in for most of the game last night despite being down Ingram, Ball and Lopez.

I won't complain about 25-27 wins though if they keep playing the way they have. They really need to fix their free throw shooting, imo. It has already cost them at least 4 games and will continue to cost them games if they can't get at least close to league average in that department.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me neither. Just like when Magic was rebuilding the Dodgers, I am sure he has his 5-year plan and it appears to be on course.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still see 30-35 as long as they can get and stay healthy. I was pretty happy with how they hung in for most of the game last night despite being down Ingram, Ball and Lopez.

I won't complain about 25-27 wins though if they keep playing the way they have. They really need to fix their free throw shooting, imo. It has already cost them at least 4 games and will continue to cost them games if they can't get at least close to league average in that department.
I would sign up for this as well. You are right about that free throw shooting costing atleast 4 wins and Lopez's numerous missed threes lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would sign up for this as well. You are right about that free throw shooting costing atleast 4 wins and Lopez's numerous missed threes lol

Yeah, the hell's up with Lopez? Last year he was one of the best among bigs at shooting the 3. But this year...not so much. Hopefully he'll either quit shooting it so much or start hitting it a better rate.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we going to do Laker fans?? This is getting old.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The inmates are starting to get majorly frustrated and lots of griping and complaining ar beginning to stir. The only three guaranteed not to be moved are Kuzma, Ball, and Ingram. Clarkson and Randle are starting to grumble and complain for a number of reasons. Losing and lots of it does this. One article suggested the Lakers are now making the Philly mistake by continuing to keep everyone in suspense as to who is going to go and who will be staying. Not a good scenario at this point.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The inmates are starting to get majorly frustrated and lots of griping and complaining ar beginning to stir. The only three guaranteed not to be moved are Kuzma, Ball, and Ingram. Clarkson and Randle are starting to grumble and complain for a number of reasons. Losing and lots of it does this. One article suggested the Lakers are now making the Philly mistake by continuing to keep everyone in suspense as to who is going to go and who will be staying. Not a good scenario at this point.
Thanks. I hope there are a few changes comming. Need to make a trade.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we going to do Laker fans?? This is getting old.

What's there to do? This is a young, developing team. It's part of what they have to go through. Plus, they've been without Lonzo for the past 3 games or so. he may not be much of a shooter, but we're seeing how important he is to the flow of the offense.

Meh, I saw the article about the "airing of grievances" and I think that frustration is to be expected. Randle and Clarkson especially know that if the Lakers are going to land 2 max FA's, they are gone. Now, with trade speculation starting, it just gets worse. This is where guys like Bogut and Lopez should be explaining to them that this is a business and nothing personal against them. Tough lesson for youngsters to learn though.

Not sure how much more clear it can be for some of these guys though. Literally, everyone except Lonzo, Ingram and maybe Kuzma could be moved by the trade deadline or after the season.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, not trying to be a "pollyanna" or anything. Just acknowledging that with the gigantic shit that Short Buss dropped on the franchise while trying to save his own ass, the Lakers have actually done a very nice job in restoring hope and removing the laughingstock label the franchise has been carrying for the past few years.

We actually have players who are upset that they may not be with the team going forward and the Lakers are actually starting to look like a preferred destination for FA's again.

For me, I'm perfectly willing to be patient and wait for the kids to develop and see what kinds of moves the FO is able to pull off.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, not trying to be a "pollyanna" or anything. Just acknowledging that with the gigantic shit that Short Buss dropped on the franchise while trying to save his own ass, the Lakers have actually done a very nice job in restoring hope and removing the laughingstock label the franchise has been carrying for the past few years.

We actually have players who are upset that they may not be with the team going forward and the Lakers are actually starting to look like a preferred destination for FA's again.

For me, I'm perfectly willing to be patient and wait for the kids to develop and see what kinds of moves the FO is able to pull off.
I sorry , but I am not seeing what your seeing. We have some players who are not happy because they are not starting, i dont think it has anything to do about wanting to be a Laker. This team has big issues, coaching and players. I am happy with the nucleus of Ball, kuzma, and Ingram, but not much else.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Clarkson and Randle should be bitching if the rumors are true. I get it that their minutes are reduced because of all the talent the Lakers have brought in after the giant shit by short buss. I would think if they are going to want to be starters, than earn it outright. Otherwise, your ass is going to be gone anyways. Play for a paycheck just like you used to and then move along when the time comes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sorry , but I am not seeing what your seeing. We have some players who are not happy because they are not starting, i dont think it has anything to do about wanting to be a Laker. This team has big issues, coaching and players. I am happy with the nucleus of Ball, kuzma, and Ingram, but not much else.

From what I've read, it's a combination of playing time and not wanting to leave. The ,onger the season goes on, the more rumors are out there and the more these guys get asked about it. I'm sure it's wearing on them. These guys know the team is headed in the right direction and they want to be a contributing factor.

As for playing time, I'm glad that some guys are unhappy about their playing time/not starting. I don't want guys on the team that are okay with not playing/having their minutes cut. Guys that are happy sitting on the end of the bench as practice fodder aren't guys that win titles.

I'm happy with the same nucleus that you mentioned. I think that's the nucleus we will see when the Lakers start picking up FA's and having to let some of the others move on. I think they may be able to hang on to one of the other of Nance or Hart. Hopefully they can keep both.