• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

La La: Melo will stay with Knicks

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La La Anthony "definitely" thinks her husband, free-agent-to-be Carmelo Anthony, will re-sign with the New York Knicks this summer.
"I definitely think he will stay," La La Anthony said in an interview with Bravo TV's "Watch What Happens Live." "I know that he wants to stay, and I support him wherever he wants to go.
"Listen, I used to live in Denver with him. If I can live in Denver, I can live anywhere. I just want him to be happy."
Carmelo Anthony says he will test free agency this summer. He is under contract through 2014-15 but can opt out after this season.
Under the collective bargaining agreement, the Knicks can offer him a maximum contract of $129 million over five years. Other suitors can offer Anthony a maximum of $96 million over four years.

[+] Enlarge Jeyhoun Allebaugh/NBAE/Getty ImagesLa La Anthony "definitely" thinks her husband, Carmelo Anthony, will re-sign with the Knicks this summer.

La La Anthony playfully mocked those who speculate that she will have a heavy influence on her husband's decision.
"I get blamed for everything. No matter what happens, it's my fault," she said. "[There are] all these talks if he's staying in New York or not, [and] I'm somehow the mastermind behind if he stays or not."
The Knicks (17-27) have performed well below expectations this season. That has led some to speculate that Carmelo Anthony will take less money and sign elsewhere this summer.
One potential destination is Los Angeles. The Lakers are among several teams, including the Chicago Bulls and Dallas Mavericks, that may have the requisite salary-cap space this summer to sign Anthony.
Kobe Bryant, a friend of Anthony's, said Sunday that he will not be actively recruiting the Knicks forward to join the Lakers.
"Well, everybody wants to play in Los Angeles," Bryant said when asked about Anthony's potential interest in joining the Lakers. "I mean, New York is a beautiful place, don't get me wrong, but it is colder than s--- out here. You know, palm trees and beaches obviously are a little more appealing.
"All jokes aside, I think that players, when that time comes, will have to make the best decision for them and their families. I try not to think about it too much. If he wants to call me for advice later as a friend, I will be more than happy to give it to him."
Bryant pointed out that one way for Anthony to be viewed as more than just a scorer is to win a title.
"The only way to do that is win," Bryant said. "That's it. I won five championships, and there's some of you guys [who] still say that. You just got to take it and roll with it. The important thing is winning a championship. That's the only way to shake it. That's the only way Michael [Jordan] shook it. That's the only way any top scorer will be able to shake it."
Anthony, who is in his 11th season, said Monday that his sole motivation is to win an NBA title.
"That's the only thing I care about. Anything else is irrelevant to me when it comes to basketball," he said. "Championship is the only thing that's on my mind, is the only thing I want to accomplish, I want to achieve, and I'm going to do what I got to do to get that. That's my motivating factor. Nothing else even motivates me anymore, just that."
Information from ESPNNewYork.com's Ian Begley was used in this report.

La La Anthony says Carmelo Anthony 'definitely' will re-sign with New York Knicks - ESPN New York

Interesting, guess we'll see what comes of this in the off-season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he stays, good for him. NY is a great fit for Melo and he's the right kind of star for that team. On the other hand, not many players have straight up said "Fuck this i'm outta here" halfway through the season.

And FYI, Kobe is right, NY is cold as shit!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If I can live in Denver, I can live anywhere"

Bwahahahaaha Funny slam and awesome but also funny because she must not know that CLE and DET have teams.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will give him an offer the same as any other free agent.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will actively pursuit any free agent that they feel will make the team a contender. That includes Melo and Lebron. And the year after that Kevin Love.

And they will win!

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New York New York, big city and dreams, but everything in New York aint always what it seems...

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Lakers get Melo. He sucks. He doesn't play D. He takes bad shots and is a big baby. With every los he opens his big mouth about how they didn't come to play, they show up, they layed down...blah, blah. How about you shut your pie hole and lead by example. The last two games he's had have been great but too little too late.

I wouldn't want Melo as a teammate.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Lakers get Melo. He sucks. He doesn't play D. He takes bad shots and is a big baby. With every los he opens his big mouth about how they didn't come to play, they show up, they layed down...blah, blah. How about you shut your pie hole and lead by example. The last two games he's had have been great but too little too late.

:L

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my motivation as an owner was to sell tickets I would surround him with a D oriented Big, a bunch of pass first PGs who played D and sell the shit out some seats and watch him rack up 40 on 35 shots a night. If my motivation was winning a title I would see if Ben Wallace has anything left first.

If I were in a pick up game on the street for nothing I would rather play against him, I would guard him til my feet fell off just for the experience. That 2 plays later I would ask for help while I tried to tackle him, no fouls in street ball. It would be so cool to see how elite these guys are.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming from a fan of a classic underachiever.

Not at having fun, he achieved the shit out that shit. In the end isn't that why work is to have fun?

Shaq probably would have made it much higher on the GOAT list if he applied himself to basketball but maybe that just wasn't his path. Like Melo and D...HEEYY OOOOOO!!!

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He must be one of those new ''Heat fans'' :L

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought of Kobe and another black hole on the same team is mind-numbing. I don't want Melo on the Lakers. The only people that do are people that only see celebrity and not how those two would fit together. We would be set back even further with that ridiculous deal.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming from a fan of a classic underachiever.

LOL, underachiever!

6LMPskU.jpg

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, underachiever!

6LMPskU.jpg

Nobody doubts that he had a sick career but it is well known he liked to party, not work on his free throws, and was often out of shape to start seasons. It is amazing to think what could have been had Shaq fully applied himself to basketball.