• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: LA Clippers vs Utah Jazz

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Arizona?

It is hotter than Satan's ass hole in August.

We ride bikes, four wheelers..etc

I was riding, with a helmet on, my first July here and fainted in the middle of the street.

Thank Gawd I was at a stop light.

I always wondered why these idiots in Arizona passed a law saying helmets are not required by law.

Now I know.

Yeah no doubt it's hot there. And not matter what ya do 110+ is damn hot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they have underachieved, but the have been in the playoffs while the Lakers have been in the lottery. Don't think you have a leg to stand on here. At least not right now.

Clearly, you haven't been to LA. Outlaw definitely has a leg to stand on. No one talks about the Clippers. The sports talk station that I listen to the most happens to also be the station that broadcasts Clippers games. Even on that station, no one talks about the Clippers. The only talk I've heard about them on that station has been since the playoffs started and even then, it was only about whether or not they should blow it up if they have another early exit.

One of the shows that I listen to on there tried to have a "no Lakers talk" day. If memory serves, it lasted about 15 minutes.

When the Lakers were really, really bad (Short Buss still President of Basketball Operations and Byron coaching) all of the talk was about how to fix the Lakers, not how good the Clippers are. Then, when they got Luke, it was how Luke was the first step in getting them turned around. Since Magic and Pelinka took over, all of the talk has been about how they will finally fix the Lakers.

The same station also broadcasts Dodgers games. Even during the playoffs, when there is a conflict between a Dodgers game and a Clippers game, the Clippers game gets bumped to the "sister station."

That's why I've said all along that the dumbest move Donald Sterling ever made, besides being a racist POS, was not taking the City of Anaheim and the Arrowhead Pond (now the Honda Center) up on their offer when they were all but begging the Clippers to relocate there. They could have had their own niche instead of being the red headed stepchild playing in the same building as the Lakers.

Last edited:
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they have underachieved, but the have been in the playoffs while the Lakers have been in the lottery. Don't think you have a leg to stand on here. At least not right now.

And what was the outcome of that? Lakers got Randle, Clarkson, D'Angelo, Nance Jr, Ingram and Zubac out of it. The clippers got to play a couple of extra games and walk away with fuck all.

Reactions: LAD

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CP3 is a greater playoff performer than we probably realize

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, the Clippers prob., imo isn't CP3. They're just a team of talented, but ill fitting pieces. That's fine in the regular season when they can win games simply because they are more talented than most teams and it's one game and move on to the next one. But it doesn't work in the playoffs when facing similarly talented teams with better fitting pieces in a 7 game series where teams can just focus on the Clips.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clips problem imo is their bench and lack of production from their small forwards.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what was the outcome of that? Lakers got Randle, Clarkson, D'Angelo, Nance Jr, Ingram and Zubac out of it. The clippers got to play a couple of extra games and walk away with fuck all.
Yep....don't forget Mosgov and Deng.

That should get you 30 more wins...lol

The Clippers are cursed.

The Lakers have a great past, a bunch of young unproven talent and long-term shit contracts.

Sounds like we are both fucked.

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will match the total
Playoff aappearances
Visits to the finals
Championships
To Lakers any day of the week to the Clippers and see who has that leg

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep....don't forget Mosgov and Deng.

That should get you 30 more wins...lol

The Clippers are cursed.

The Lakers have a great past, a bunch of young unproven talent and long-term shit contracts.

Sounds like we are both fucked.
Speaking about the Lakers fired their general managet and Jeanie's brother. Want to maor a wager as to which team gets the finals first?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, you haven't been to LA. Outlaw definitely has a leg to stand on. No one talks about the Clippers. The sports talk station that I listen to the most happens to also be the station that broadcasts Clippers games. Even on that station, no one talks about the Clippers. The only talk I've heard about them on that station has been since the playoffs started and even then, it was only about whether or not they should blow it up if they have another early exit.

One of the shows that I listen to on there tried to have a "no Lakers talk" day. If memory serves, it lasted about 15 minutes.

When the Lakers were really, really bad (Short Buss still President of Basketball Operations and Byron coaching) all of the talk was about how to fix the Lakers, not how good the Clippers are. Then, when they got Luke, it was how Luke was the first step in getting them turned around. Since Magic and Pelinka took over, all of the talk has been about how they will finally fix the Lakers.

The same station also broadcasts Dodgers games. Even during the playoffs, when there is a conflict between a Dodgers game and a Clippers game, the Clippers game gets bumped to the "sister station."

That's why I've said all along that the dumbest move Donald Sterling ever made, besides being a racist POS, was not taking the City of Anaheim and the Arrowhead Pond (now the Honda Center) up on their offer when they were all but begging the Clippers to relocate there. They could have had their own niche instead of being the red headed stepchild playing in the same building as the Lakers.
The Clippers will never be LA's Team.

EVER.

Something the Rams and Chargers will find out about, firsthand.

I don't see Ballmer giving up on LA though.

That is the only real attraction to owning the Clippers.

If this Team was in Sacto, it would have sold for maybe a quarter of what Ballmer paid.

It's a pickle for the owner and like the fucking curse of Cain for their fans.

We get pitty from the masses. But, nobody wants to fuck with the Clippers and invite that 7 fold cursed karma.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking about the Lakers fired their general managet and Jeanie's brother. Want to maor a wager as to which team gets the finals first?
Clippers are never getting to the Finals.

But, neither are the Lakers for the next few Seasons.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers will never be LA's Team.

EVER.

Something the Rams and Chargers will find out about, firsthand.

I don't see Ballmer giving up on LA though.

That is the only real attraction to owning the Clippers.

If this Team was in Sacto, it would have sold for maybe a quarter of what Ballmer paid.

It's a pickle for the owner and like the fucking curse of Cain for their fans.

We get pitty from the masses. But, nobody wants to fuck with the Clippers and invite that 7 fold cursed karma.

If I were Ballmer. I'd see if Anaheim and the Honda Center are still interested. They'd want to make some renovations to the Honda Center, but they've got a pretty cool set up down there.

You're probably right that he'll try to make it work in LA. I just don't get it. I've even heard Clippers players and Doc himself say that LA belongs to the Lakers.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will match the total
Playoff aappearances
Visits to the finals
Championships
To Lakers any day of the week to the Clippers and see who has that leg
Low hanging fruit.

If the conversation is " The Clippers suck " nobody is disputing that.

If the narrative is " See, the Lakers were better off than the Clippers this Season" gmafb.

I'm not sure if you realize it. But, we can both suck at the same time....

The Clippers failure is not a Lakers success.

If it is, you guys have fallen off more than I thought possible.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were Ballmer. I'd see if Anaheim and the Honda Center are still interested. They'd want to make some renovations to the Honda Center, but they've got a pretty cool set up down there.

You're probably right that he'll try to make it work in LA. I just don't get it. I've even heard Clippers players and Doc himself say that LA belongs to the Lakers.
Dude, you can't rewrite history.

The amount of success Dr. Buss had is fucking historic.

Ballmer should move to Seattle.

But, he won't because he's greedy...lol

Sterling liked the lifestyle of being an Owner.

He didn't give a shit about winning.

He should have never played under the same roof as the Lakers.

With that being said, Doc can't use that shit as a crutch for his failings.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low hanging fruit.

If the conversation is " The Clippers suck " nobody is disputing that.

If the narrative is " See, the Lakers were better off than the Clippers this Season" gmafb.

I'm not sure if you realize it. But, we can both suck at the same time....

The Clippers failure is not a Lakers success.

If it is, you guys have fallen off more than I thought possible.

He's in the TLF Zone right now. Give it a little time, it'll pass. lol

Lakers have the history, Clips are the better team right now and for the past few years. I like the Lakers future better than I like the Clips future.

The Clips are in a real tough spot. They need to get rid of Blake and get a guy like Hayward or even Kevin Love. But the only guy they have that can bring that kind of return is CP3 and if they want to win a title, they need to keep him.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's not his fault.

That's why I wish he would go to the Spurs.

Dude deserves a chance to win.

But, if he stays for the money, he can't say he's all about winning.

Yes, that's easy for me to say when I'm not being offered 200 million.

But, he's made a ton of money already and the only reason to stay is greed.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's in the TLF Zone right now. Give it a little time, it'll pass. lol

Lakers have the history, Clips are the better team right now and for the past few years. I like the Lakers future better than I like the Clips future.

The Clips are in a real tough spot. They need to get rid of Blake and get a guy like Hayward or even Kevin Love. But the only guy they have that can bring that kind of return is CP3 and if they want to win a title, they need to keep him.
See

I like tlf....so, it's all good.

You can't keep choking like this and not expect to catch shit.

The Clippers are screwed...lol

If you didn't have Deng and Mosgov, it wouldn't be a question of who's situation is better.

Speaking of which, I know you guys don't want to lose Ingram.

But, if you gave up your pick and Randle for George and then gave Philly Russell to absorb Deng and not have to take salary back....

Wouldn't you have max Plus money for Cp3/Hayward/Hill/Blake/Melo?

* Please let it be Blake *