• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie to Boston rumors heating up. Deal nearly complete

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't decide how I feel about this trade until the trade deadline.

By then I'll know:

1) A LOT more about IT's health
2) Whether the Cavs plan is to use the BKN pick to win now and give LeBron a reason to stay or to give up on contending.
Lebrons gone to LA. this pick is his star replacement. they'll pay IT as well.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could say that about the brooklyn pick.

or the infamous Minny pick in the chris paul deal.

But if you look at Miami, they're capped out for the next few years. James Johnson is going to be an interesting case study in how he ages. Whiteside is going to be 30 then, turning 31 during the NBA finals. It's not a young team right now.

Unless Winslow's career makes a U turn and a nice leap forward, this team is in a tough spot.

The fact that you think the heat roster will be identical in 2019-2020 to what it is now is hilarious. Wow

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll pay IT. But I guess it depends on how much he can contribute and how much he'll command.
not a max, but i can see 3 years @ 20-25. his hip will be fine. hes always had a weird hip.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless that front court player is 2008 KG (who was basically as good as Cousins and Brow combined in that 538 article), then don't bother.

hence why i said don't bother with this trade.

you overpay and still have next to no chance of beating CLE.

Celtics progress really hurts eh? :thumb:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you think the heat roster will be identical in 2019-2020 to what it is now is hilarious. Wow

you don't get it.

They have guys locked in until then. Some that will be unlikely to move. Every team will make some changes, but they're likely to be in purgatory lacking premium picks or having premium assets to make moves with.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Progress implies moving forward.

This is a step backward both fro 2017 and for 20

Everyones entitled to an opinion, even a illogical one

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyones entitled to an opinion, even a illogical one

The celtics are a worse team after this trade.

IT and Kyrie are similar value to the team, and Crowder puts it over the top.

Losing the cheap cost controlled years of the Brooklyn pick hurts their cap space and their chances for getting the real star they actually need.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- the issue for me was never if the deal was good- it was if Thomas can help them. If they feel comfortable that Thomas will be able to play AT LEAST starting in say January- and will be healthy all the way through- then the deal is a great deal for the Cavs.

If Thomas reinjures himself and needs surgery the Cavs better hope Derek Rose finds a time machine.

Now i have to root for teams that i traditionally hate though like the Knicks and Lakers and Bulls in order for them to finish above the Nets....not too thrilled about that. lol.....

Devin Booker- lets see what ya got kid!!! Oladipo and Myles Turner? You dont have to have a great Indiana team- just decent enough to get to about 28-30 wins at a min.- shouldnt be too much to ask. etc. etc. etc.
Devin Booker is a future superstar.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope that's not the Cavs thinking.

You've got the 2nd best player in the history of the game on your franchise. Your franchise is incredibly unlikely to ever be in this position again. Most franchises will never be in this position. Make the most of it. To throw in the towel on that for the sake of making the first few post-LeBron years slightly less sucky is a straight up pussy move.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they'll pay IT. But I guess it depends on how much he can contribute and how much he'll command.
you better hope so-- the Celtics future DEPENDS on it- so forgive me if you are conflating your personal wishes with what will actually likely happen.

if they end up trading it for a star like Cousins or Gasol or whoever- the Celtics will be 2nd best in the East for another 2-3 years at least.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade is a benefit to both teams.

For the Celtics, they get rid of Jae Crowder who was very unhappy with the Haywood signing. Crowder is a complementary player, not a star. His minutes would have been severely diminished with Hayward and Tatum.
IT was talking about backing up the Brinks Truck. He was demanding a Max Contract a year before he was entitled to ask. The Celtics were not going to give it to him. Size and age are not on his side. IT is NOT 5'9". He happened by chance to stand beside my 5'7" wife a could barely look her directly in the eye.

The Cavs are able to unload a very unhappy allstar PG and get a PG of equal value and two complimentary players who can play immediately. It may also allow them to get rid of Shumpert. They also get the Brooklyn pick which will allow them to d4raft (hopefully) someone to replace LeBron if he does decide to go LA. If he stays, it could be his future replacement or Kyrie's future replacement. Either way, a great trade for the Cavs.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that's not the Cavs thinking.

You've got the 2nd best player in the history of the game on your franchise. Your franchise is incredibly unlikely to ever be in this position again. Most franchises will never be in this position. Make the most of it. To throw in the towel on that for the sake of making the first few post-LeBron years slightly less sucky is a straight up pussy move.
lebron has a house in LA. his kids are registered for school there. he wants to be the next great laker and end his career out west, trying to rebuild with magic, a player he idolized as a kid.

it makes too much sense.

as far as the cavs...this is the draft to get a stud in the top 5. a versatile big man who can handle and drive, and defend. this draft has those.

not bad...go from lebron to whoever lottery pick, and add him to a team with love, IT,crowder, etc. thats a decent core.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think the same, though i STILL don't want him to EVER put on purple and gold. honestly i don't see a deal where that Brooklyn pick puts them on even footing with Golden State...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron has a house in LA. his kids are registered for school there. he wants to be the next great laker and end his career out west, trying to rebuild with magic, a player he idolized as a kid.

it makes too much sense.

as far as the cavs...this is the draft to get a stud in the top 5. a versatile big man who can handle and drive, and defend. this draft has those.

not bad...go from lebron to whoever lottery pick, and add him to a team with love, IT,crowder, etc. thats a decent core.
I could see LeBron going to LA- but i dont see it happening next year before they are ready to compete - esp. if the Cavs can add a major piece with the draft pick.

You think LeBron wants to go out to LA and lose BEFORE the Finals- maybe even to the Rockets or Twolves on a Lakers team with Ball and Ingram who are not ready for primetime yet?

I think he will resign in Cleveland for another 1 or 2 and then bolt- and by that time when he is entering his age 36 season- cool by me.

why would you leave a conference a team with say Isiah Thomas, Kevin Love and maybe a Gasol/Cousins, to get your brains beat in in LA for a couple years before that team is even ready?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the same, though i STILL don't want him to EVER put on purple and gold. honestly i don't see a deal where that Brooklyn pick puts them on even footing with Golden State...

Cousins probably does.

Vyle203

Costco Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 181.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you better hope so-- the Celtics future DEPENDS on it- so forgive me if you are conflating your personal wishes with what will actually likely happen.

if they end up trading it for a star like Cousins or Gasol or whoever- the Celtics will be 2nd best in the East for another 2-3 years at least.
I'm conflating my personal wishes with probable reality ey? Lol