• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyrie done for the year

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a jackass but I kinda think this is funny....simply because he kept making threats to the Cavs about having knee surgery if they didn't trade him and now he's out for the season for his new team

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well on the plus side now he has the extra time to figure out the Earth isn't flat.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that ends the Celtics chances.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a shame this happened as Cryrie is an absolute joy to watch, but the injury he suffered to his knee in the playoffs against the Warriors was no joke--- and this was after his knee had been bothering him all during that playoffs and he had already missed multiple games.

Its not good when you miss multiple games, try and play through it, and then dislocate your knee cap. He missed a lot longer that next season than I expected (and i even lost a bet on it). For a guy that relies on his quickness and skill more so than just pure athleticism, it has to be concerning.

It would have been a lot of fun to watch him and LeBron go at it, but it seems if that is going to happen we will have to wait for next year's Cavs vs. Celtics.

It sucks seeing a guy injured, but @bksballer89 is right....its prob not good karma to use having surgery on your knee as leverage to get a trade done.

Now teams are going to be DYING to get that 7th seed.....the 6th seed gets the King (unless the Cavs fall to 4 which is certainly possible)......the 7th seed gets a Celtics team who's best player is Al Horford.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a shame this happened as Cryrie is an absolute joy to watch, but the injury he suffered to his knee in the playoffs against the Warriors was no joke--- and this was after his knee had been bothering him all during that playoffs and he had already missed multiple games.

Its not good when you miss multiple games, try and play through it, and then dislocate your knee cap. He missed a lot longer that next season than I expected (and i even lost a bet on it). For a guy that relies on his quickness and skill more so than just pure athleticism, it has to be concerning.

It would have been a lot of fun to watch him and LeBron go at it, but it seems if that is going to happen we will have to wait for next year's Cavs vs. Celtics.

It sucks seeing a guy injured, but @bksballer89 is right....its prob not good karma to use having surgery on your knee as leverage to get a trade done.

Now teams are going to be DYING to get that 7th seed.....the 6th seed gets the King (unless the Cavs fall to 4 which is certainly possible)......the 7th seed gets a Celtics team who's best player is Al Horford.

To start the season it was Gordon Hayward. To end the season it's Kyrie. So much for the excitement I had for the Celtics this year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would have been a lot of fun to watch him and LeBron go at it, but it seems if that is going to happen we will have to wait for next year's Sixers vs. Celtics.

FTFY

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saw this coming

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me a jackass but I kinda think this is funny....simply because he kept making threats to the Cavs about having knee surgery if they didn't trade him and now he's out for the season for his new team
hes out for 2 reasons:

1, this team aint winning a title. why get him back for the playoffs only to see him get hurt again?
2, it gives the green the ability to go with both him and hayward, 100% next year.

let the kids ride it out, see what happens.

im glad he got it done now. makes a lot of sense.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes out for 2 reasons:

1, this team aint winning a title. why get him back for the playoffs only to see him get hurt again?
2, it gives the green the ability to go with both him and hayward, 100% next year.

Thanks coach. Now go tell Ainge & Stevens that stuff.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's your fault?
nah, the ainge talk about "getitng it done in the summer". its been a problem all year. summer only delays the inevitable.

im excited to see what this team does without him...and hayward...

brad stevens, COY.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah, the ainge talk about "getitng it done in the summer". its been a problem all year. summer only delays the inevitable.

im excited to see what this team does without him...and hayward...

brad stevens, COY.

I don't think Stevens will get COY, although he's deserving. I think it will go to What's His Name in Toronto.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics aren't a 1st round, easy out by any stretch. This team is well coached and have outperformed given their injury history all year. I wouldn't count them out in the 1st.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now we get to see what tatum can REALLY do.

his last 9

18/5.5/2.5

46% from 3!
51% overall

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes out for 2 reasons:

I think "100%" is a relative term.

Do you ever really get back to 100% as an NBA player after having multiple knee surgeries on the same knee? Or after you suffer an injury like Hayward?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks big time.

But, the Celtics are playing the long game.

Hopefully, Kyrie and Hayward will be ready to roll when the Season begins.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Stevens will get COY, although he's deserving. I think it will go to What's His Name in Toronto.
both could win and no one would bitch.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics aren't a 1st round, easy out by any stretch. This team is well coached and have outperformed given their injury history all year. I wouldn't count them out in the 1st.

I still think they are very capable of getting to the ECF. Perhaps beyond, if somebody else takes out Cleveland.