• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KT on the progress of the OL

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds promising, but it seems like we hear glowing reports out of the OL every spring. I'll chalk this up under the I'll believe it when I see it category.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah pretty much

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah honestly i put 0% faith in Newsomes evaluation, its the same old song and dance imo. A couple positive's though is the fact that experience is the best teacher and returning 4 starters = a pretty good amount of experience. It also seems like guys like Wang, Lanier &/or Becton, Via, Painter etc give us some depth. Another thing that i think will help these guys is Logan Thomas. Even when they could provide a decent pocket last year, Tyrod often had to scramble out in order to see the field. With his height Logan shouldnt have that problem.

FWIW: i still hate newsomes system and think its a terrible fit in our offense

Edit: i also think that Andrew Miller gives us that "little bit of nasty" we've been missing up front.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Armema and Caleb Farris will be the best interior lineman we have had in Blacksburg in a decade.....if Newsome does not ruin them. Mean, nasty and loaded with confidence. Armema especially.

Goins lil bro may be a 4 star as well next year.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Matt Armema and Caleb Farris will be the best interior lineman we have had in Blacksburg in a decade.....if Newsome does not ruin them. Mean, nasty and loaded with confidence. Armema especially.

Goins lil bro may be a 4 star as well next year.

Totally agree on arkema and farris. I had the pleasure of speaking to caleb farris last year and not only do i think he will make a great football player but he seemed to be an exceptional young man also. Dont know a whole lot about arkema but if i remember correctly he was on the verge of 4*'s.

I've also heard a lot of good/great things about the younger goins, hope he ends up in orange and maroon:peace: