• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KSU is 3.5 - 5.0 favorite

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do you guys think is this number a good one? I noticed on the main board that people were still picking OU 86%. I hope Knight is able to complete some passes to compliment his running. Would like to see Thompson get a shot in this one myself if he is the future.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a pretty good spread. I honestly don't really have a clue. I think much like game of the past, our defense will step up and compete. But if they are out on the field for 75% of the time, then it's no use and down go the Sooners.

If I see some good throws from any QB, I will consider this game a victory.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what do you think about KSU defense? Are they any good? Nobody has really piled it on them. Even in their losses the other team is scoring only in the 30's. Then again Tech put up 34 on Baylor and we could only manage 12! Stoops and Co have to know that KSU is going to play all 11 within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and dare you to beat them with the pass. That has been the formula for everyone this year. Thanks TCU for showing everybody!

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line looks ok there, I just have no faith in Heupel or this offense.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what do you think about KSU defense? Are they any good? Nobody has really piled it on them. Even in their losses the other team is scoring only in the 30's. Then again Tech put up 34 on Baylor and we could only manage 12! Stoops and Co have to know that KSU is going to play all 11 within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage and dare you to beat them with the pass. That has been the formula for everyone this year. Thanks TCU for showing everybody!

Knight will be running for his life. The receivers can't get open for any of the QBs and Snyder will have a game plan to force Knight to run and K-State will be ready for the read option. I have no faith in the offense at this point. The defense will probably keep OU in the game for 3 quarters but then...

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If winning this game requires Heupel to have a solid game plan going into the game, or requires Heupel to make adjustments during the game, or requires Heupel to think on his feet, or requires Heupel to engage in a mental chess math with the opposing coaches, then we are power fucked.

The defense wont be able to hold up under continuous 3 and outs and interceptions.

It's an away game.
It's an 11:00am kickoff.
It's is Senor Day for KSU.
It will be cold as shit.
Snyder is the best coach in the Big12.
We have key injuries everywhere.

None of that is good news for Oklahoma.

Now, if Knight comes out and plays like Johnny Football, then we have a chance.
There's always that.
Good luck to our guys, they'll need it.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If winning this game requires Heupel to have a solid game plan going into the game, or requires Heupel to make adjustments during the game, or requires Heupel to think on his feet, or requires Heupel to engage in a mental chess math with the opposing coaches, then we are power fucked.

The defense wont be able to hold up under continuous 3 and outs and interceptions.

It's an away game.
It will be cold as shit.

There's always that.
Good luck to our guys, they'll need it.

I don't think his body will hold up to 20 plus runs a game. Guys with a slight build like his tend to get injuries when they carry the ball that much. For some reason nobody ever gets a square hit on Johhny Football but when they do turn out the lights the party is over. Bell has 50 lbs on Knight and he got his "Bell" rung and knocked out of the game. I hope he plays well but I look for Thompson to get some playing time in this one and not in mop up duty. It may just be that bad come Saturday for all the reasons you listed.

On a positive note did you see some of the WR recruits? 6-6 and 6-5. Just think guys that have big bodies and can compete for the ball. We could use that on offense. Maybe that coupled with a new play caller will get the Sooners set for 2014.

7NationalChampionships

SportsHoopla Top 10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's an away game.
It will be cold as shit.

There's always that.
Good luck to our guys, they'll need it

:pound:

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense can come out and put up 20+ points on the board, I think we have a chance. If that doesn't happen, it means that we have accumulated more 3 and outs than....the amount of violation committed each year in the SEC.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have crazy respect for Bill Snyder, but at the same time, I absolutely hate Kansas State.
I don't know how to explain it.

Fuck the Wildcats.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess Vegas took a shower on this one.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lot of pre game pessimism, but damn, sure didn't work out that way.

I thought OU had a better than even chance to win the game. but have to admit, when I saw that Williams and Bester were out for the game, not so much.

Nice game and a damn nice win away from home and in Manhattan.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or was it OU's offense that made the KSU defense look not so good?

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, what a game.....didn't see this kind of game being played. Like my previous post stated, for them to win it they would have to put some points on the board to give their defense chance. They sure did.

But that Lockett, what a playmaker he was just abusing our pups. K-State ran the ball 11 times for 24 yards.

td2play

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to rain on everyone's parade but KSU's best defensive player was out for this game. So we didn't get their best shot on defense. And since we are talking defense, I can't believe all the busted coverages in the secondary. I understand Lockett is good but some of those plays he wasn't even being covered! I would hate to be a secondary player when they review that tape. Hopefully with a week off we can get that fixed. OSU's running QB is going to be more of a challenge especially with the way Baylor's QB abused us earlier this year. Look for OSU to run the QB a lot come Bedlam.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be fair, Lockett had the majority of his yards, the 1st half. he was only 6 for 72 yards in the 2nd compared to 6 catches for206 yards, and 3 TDs in the 1st half.

Gawd, that is just obscene for 1/2 of play, tho...