• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: KSU(3-3)@Texas(2-4) on FOXS1, 12ET

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my old man was yelling the same thing entire second half..."They made adjustments at half and stopped our Offense, and we made none"

Like StarBigD said, the coordinators do not make adjustments. These two really are the main reason why this team is average. If you think about it, the coordinators are part of the main factors in fielding a winning team. Mack had 5 asst coaches who became head coaches.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell even know, after talking about it, I feel the itch to go change some of the night games...

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like StarBigD said, the coordinators do not make adjustments. These two really are the main reason why this team is average. If you think about it, the coordinators are part of the main factors in fielding a winning team. Mack had 5 asst coaches who became head coaches.

there is lack of big time coordinators, without a doubt. Just have to make our way, and maybe pick one or two up in the next couple years.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my old man was yelling the same thing entire second half..."They made adjustments at half and stopped our Offense, and we made none"
I laugh at that all the time. 1 unit does well in the first half and in the 2nd it doesnt. Fanboy says they adjusted at half and we didn't. Well, no shit. If you are doing well you don't adjust. Though in fairness holding penalty prevented a 1st and goal and Texas had 51 yards on the last drive. To be honest this was pretty impressive. KSU is solid vs the rush. To put up 250+ on that front 7 with no real passing threat is a hell of a job.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is lack of big time coordinators, without a doubt. Just have to make our way, and maybe pick one or two up in the next couple years.

Can't compete in the Big 12 with this offense. There is no way.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt see it as not making adjustments as much as we are what we are...found somewhat of an identity they can hang their hat on for this season vs. OU, and were sticking with it.

And ST, you can only coach so much: the snapper has to be consistent with his snaps, every time. Cant just be 80%...The players have to execute.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strong said in the presser that Heard told him he was having issues gripping the ball in the weather. Saying that to a defensive coach pretty sealed the fate on creativity. Best part is Texas is finding an identity. They are going to run Power and counter. Look to boot and play action of of it.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a freaking downpour and K-State is the best run defense in the league

Of course the offense was going to struggle at times.....it isn't a great passsing team in perfect weather.
K-State knew Texas would run run run run run run in the rain.

With the way the defense was playing, I didn't mind it.
K-State had exactly one productive drive all day.

Why would Texas want to suddenly start chucking it all over the field in the rain??
That would have been a disaster.

K-State wasn't going to be able to score either.
It would be stupid to give them cheap turnovers and short fields.

Punt and play smart defense with the lead.
That was the smart call and it paid off.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the offense will get better; you cant have a good offense without a good offensive line, and the Texas line is getting better...

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll find out, still have Baylor on the schedule.

Too many potent offenses in this tough as hell conference, plus, I do not trust Bedford's schemes. Too inconsistent. If his defense has that typical 3rd quarter meltdown and this team gets behind by 2 TD's, it will be tough to come from behind with no passing game. Prior to Swoopes scoring that final TD, the offense had only gained 15 yards in the 2nd half. I repeat, 15 yards in the 2nd half with 4 three and outs.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase that Codaxx, we can't win the Big 12 with this type of offense......

I know what you are saying, but it is an offense that has won the last 2 Big 12 games, it is an offense KSU has won with, Chad Morris has had success running it, and Auburn has put up tons of pts with it. Would I prefer to see the offense we saw vs Cal, yes. The fact is Texas hasnt really been forced to throw the last 2 games, which is kind of amazing. Staff said they planned to throw vs OU, but OU conceded the run (have to love a Mike Stoops game plan). KSU is mulligan, due to conditions. Right now Texas is a power spread team. That is who they are. OL is still very questionable in pass protection, so why would you force passing the ball for the sake of balance. The key going forward will be to leverage the power game to some play action. There is no such thing as an offense that can not win a title, it just depends on how efficiently you run it.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many potent offenses in this tough as hell conference, plus, I do not trust Bedford's schemes. Too inconsistent. If his defense has that typical 3rd quarter meltdown and this team gets behind by 2 TD's, it will be tough to come from behind with no passing game. Prior to Swoopes scoring that final TD, the offense had only gained 15 yards in the 2nd half. I repeat, 15 yards in the 2nd half with 4 three and outs.

Oddly this continues, but Texas gave up 4.2 pts on average in the 3Q last year.
1Q: 4.5
2Q: 5.8
4Q: 9.3

So I have no idea where this meme started, because it can not be farther from the truth.
So how you have stated the offense gained 15 yards for the second half, but they drives of:
1 yard
13 yards
22 yards
41 yards
6 yards
9 yards
52 yards

So I am not really sure what your point on this, not to mention the rain started to get really heavy around the middle of the 2Q.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what you are saying, but it is an offense that has won the last 2 Big 12 games, it is an offense KSU has won with, Chad Morris has had success running it, and Auburn has put up tons of pts with it. Would I prefer to see the offense we saw vs Cal, yes. The fact is Texas hasnt really been forced to throw the last 2 games, which is kind of amazing. Staff said they planned to throw vs OU, but OU conceded the run (have to love a Mike Stoops game plan). KSU is mulligan, due to conditions. Right now Texas is a power spread team. That is who they are. OL is still very questionable in pass protection, so why would you force passing the ball for the sake of balance. The key going forward will be to leverage the power game to some play action. There is no such thing as an offense that can not win a title, it just depends on how efficiently you run it.

This offense could work if Bedford can stay consistent with his schemes on defense. No more 3rd quarter meltdowns where this team gets behind 2-3 TD's immediately. Also, the 3 and outs absolutely have to stop or at least come down to a minimum. You can't take time off the clock when you are constantly going 3 and out.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense could work if Bedford can stay consistent with his schemes on defense. No more 3rd quarter meltdowns where this team gets behind 2-3 TD's immediately. Also, the 3 and outs absolutely have to stop or at least come down to a minimum. You can't take time off the clock when you are constantly going 3 and out.

See above, this is absolutely incorrect

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly this continues, but Texas gave up 4.2 pts on average in the 3Q last year.
1Q: 4.5
2Q: 5.8
4Q: 9.3

So I have no idea where this meme started, because it can not be farther from the truth.
So how you have stated the offense gained 15 yards for the second half, but they drives of:
1 yard
13 yards
22 yards
41 yards
6 yards
9 yards
52 yards

So I am not really sure what your point on this, not to mention the rain started to get really heavy around the middle of the 2Q.

Probably didn't factor in the negative rushing yards in the 2nd half. I just distinctly remember Craig Way stating that prior to the final TD by Swoopes, the offense had only gained 15 yds in the 2nd half.....