• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kobe looked Good...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^THIS^^^

Funny how turnup just can't resist threads about such an irrelevant team!!

Is that so?

I 'resist' the vast majority of them.

The comment was made here only because bringing up history lessons when the discussion is about current ongoings is :lame:.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might actually start rooting for Kobe. Injury seems to have matured him. Kobe nut huggers have blemished his AS record by voting him into the ASG without him playing enough games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that so?

I 'resist' the vast majority of them.

The comment was made here only because bringing up history lessons when the discussion is about current ongoings is :lame:.

Yes, it is so and No, you do not avoid most of them. You only avoid the one's on the Lakers boards because you have no choice. Of course, that hasn't stopped you from reading them and then posting about them over here.

Additionally, no one brought up any "history lessons". One poster pointed out that the Heat have a long way to go before they have bragging rights over the Lakers. That isn't a history lesson, it's a fact. You getting your jimmies rustled over it doesn't change that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might actually start rooting for Kobe. Injury seems to have matured him. Kobe nut huggers have blemished his AS record by voting him into the ASG without him playing enough games.

Considering he was a leading vote getter, there seem to be an awful lot of Kobe nuthuggers.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering he was a leading vote getter, there seem to be an awful lot of Kobe nuthuggers.

I agree. I'm starting to really wonder how valid the other years he was leading vote getter. He only played like 5 games right?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is so and No, you do not avoid most of them. You only avoid the one's on the Lakers boards because you have no choice. Of course, that hasn't stopped you from reading them and then posting about them over here.

Additionally, no one brought up any "history lessons". One poster pointed out that the Heat have a long way to go before they have bragging rights over the Lakers. That isn't a history lesson, it's a fact. You getting your jimmies rustled over it doesn't change that.

I ONLY avoid ones on the Laker board?
How many current threads on the general board are about Kobe/Lakers?
Now show me the ones I've commented on. Then, on the ones I have commented on, so what?
Only reason it would ever bother you is if you can't stand the truth.

And, he did bring up history lessons. He said the Heat had a long way to go to somehow be equated to the Lakers.
What would you call it?

Now, as far as Heat/Lakers, all time the Lakers lead 30-22.
Considering when the Heat started as an expansion franchise in 1987 when the Lakers had a lineup of Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Green and Scott, I would say they have pretty much held their own.

If head to head isn't what he was referring to, then it must be championships.
In that case you are comparing a modern day expansion franchise who has existed 26 years vs a franchise who started in Minneapolis in the 1940's.

Like I correctly said. :lame:.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ONLY avoid ones on the Laker board?
How many current threads on the general board are about Kobe/Lakers?
Now show me the ones I've commented on. Then, on the ones I have commented on, so what?
Only reason it would ever bother you is if you can't stand the truth.

And, he did bring up history lessons. He said the Heat had a long way to go to somehow be equated to the Lakers.
What would you call it?

Now, as far as Heat/Lakers, all time the Lakers lead 30-22.
Considering when the Heat started as an expansion franchise in 1987 when the Lakers had a lineup of Kareem, Magic, Worthy, Green and Scott, I would say they have pretty much held their own.

If head to head isn't what he was referring to, then it must be championships.
In that case you are comparing a modern day expansion franchise who has existed 26 years vs a franchise who started in Minneapolis in the 1940's.

Like I correctly said. :lame:.

I'm not getting into your bullshit turnup. I'm tired of your incessant nonsense.

Here's how it's going to work. You start your crap, I delete your post. If that becomes a pain in the ass, you'll simply be fouled out.

Stick to basketball or gtfo. It's that simple.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I'm starting to really wonder how valid the other years he was leading vote getter. He only played like 5 games right?

Why would him getting voted in when he's only played 6 games cause any question about his previous years? Kobe isn't the first player who was voted in despite an injury that kept him out most of the season or who was an old guy that wasn't really a true all-star level player anymore.

The All-Star game starters aren't really about the best or most deserving players, it's about who the fans want to see play. Lebron will likely get this same benefit later in his career.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would him getting voted in when he's only played 6 games cause any question about his previous years? Kobe isn't the first player who was voted in despite an injury that kept him out most of the season or who was an old guy that wasn't really a true all-star level player anymore.

The All-Star game starters aren't really about the best or most deserving players, it's about who the fans want to see play. Lebron will likely get this same benefit later in his career.

This post is absolutely correct.
As long as the league allows fans to vote, then it is nothing but a popularity contest.
Kobe is very popular and fans of the NBA want to see him play.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This post is absolutely correct.
As long as the league allows fans to vote, then it is nothing but a popularity contest.
Kobe is very popular and fans of the NBA want to see him play.

What do you think about it being a fan vote? Agree or disagree? I can see the merits both ways. If it were a player or media vote, the rosters would probably look quite a bit different, but it's promoted as a game for the fans.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think about it being a fan vote? Agree or disagree? I can see the merits both ways. If it were a player or media vote, the rosters would probably look quite a bit different, but it's promoted as a game for the fans.

It's a meaningless game to entertain the fans, so I think the fans should participate in the player selection.

I don't like unlimited internet voting, or whatever it is. Every computer should be limited to X number of votes.

Perhaps just expand the rosters and legacy in 2-3 players in each conference ( like a Kobe) so you don't have to even consider voting for injured players who are taking deserved spots from others.

WOW. You really did delete my post.
Totally undeserved. You shouldn't abuse your power just because you don't agree with an opinion.

My posts, going all the way back up to the original one contained basketball related context.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a meaningless game to entertain the fans, so I think the fans should participate in the player selection.

I don't like unlimited internet voting, or whatever it is. Every computer should be limited to X number of votes.

Perhaps just expand the rosters and legacy in 2-3 players in each conference ( like a Kobe) so you don't have to even consider voting for injured players who are taking deserved spots from others.

WOW. You really did delete my post.
Totally undeserved. You shouldn't abuse your power just because you don't agree with an opinion.

My posts, going all the way back up to the original one contained basketball related context.

Agree 100% with the first part of your post.

As for the rest, I told you that I'm not getting into it with you and you chose to try and argue anyway. If you have a question or a problem, then send me a PM. I'm not getting into it with you on the general boards.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having a selection committee find a process to make players eligible is a great way to make sure the current best seasons and fan favorites get in.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess if you look at it like that then you are right. i'd rather it reflect who was playing the best but I didn't vote so I don't have a leg to stand on.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess if you look at it like that then you are right. i'd rather it reflect who was playing the best but I didn't vote so I don't have a leg to stand on.

I didn't vote either. I think much of the voting is done by casual fans (and probably some hardcore homers). Personally, if I had voted, I wouldn't have voted for Kobe. He's only played 6 games and may not even be back by the All-Star game, so it would seem like a wasted vote anyway.

I kind of like Turnup's idea about 2-3 "legacy players" that aren't really the All-Stars they used to be or have been injured, but the fans still want to see them play.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't vote either. I think much of the voting is done by casual fans (and probably some hardcore homers). Personally, if I had voted, I wouldn't have voted for Kobe. He's only played 6 games and may not even be back by the All-Star game, so it would seem like a wasted vote anyway.

I kind of like Turnup's idea about 2-3 "legacy players" that aren't really the All-Stars they used to be or have been injured, but the fans still want to see them play.

I don't vote either because I feel voting just once wouldn't matter when you have fanatics/homers voting X number of times.

Besides, I find the whole process a huge distraction for the players.
As a fan with a hopefully bigger picture in mind in May/June, I would prefer to see Heat players just rest for the 4-5 days.

Forget Kobe. Of course he shouldn't have to play. But how about Wade?
If he needs so much rest during these regular season games, then why should he not be allowed ( or forced) by the Heat to use those days to rest?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Kobe asked the fans to NOT vote him into the game recently? He specified that he wanted to focus on healing and get back to playing.