• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knicks Fire Mike Woodson

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks fire entire coaching staffUpdated: April 21, 2014, 12:04 PM ETBy Ian Begley
Mike Woodson has been fired as the New York Knicks' head coach, the team announced Monday morning.

New Knicks president Phil Jackson announced in a release that the entire coaching staff was relieved of their duties.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...k-knicks-coach

Only inevitable. Some were saying maybe Derek Fisher as the replacement? :noidea:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go after free agents...then find a coach

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fisher would be a mistake. Guys have to show they can coach first, not just get an immediate job. Fish has to pay dues like everyone else.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are saying that Dolan must be all in for ex-assistant coach Herb Williams to be fired. I guess they were pretty tight and he's been there for the last 6 NYK coaching changes.

I'd rather not have Fisher. If he didn't find success in NY, he'd just lie and ask to be let out of his contract so he could spend more time with his family. Then sign as an assistant for a contender.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most recent rumor I've heard is Steve Kerr as the #1 choice and Derek Fisher as a possible #2 choice.

I think Kerr would work. Not sure about Fisher, I mean, it took Kidd awhile to adjust, but Brooklyn seems fine now.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fisher would be a mistake. Guys have to show they can coach first, not just get an immediate job. Fish has to pay dues like everyone else.

I agree - I think if anything Phil Jackson would go after Kurt Rambis - they have had a good relationship and Phil would be able to mentor him through tough times.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:omg::lame:
Some are saying that Dolan must be all in for ex-assistant coach Herb Williams to be fired. I guess they were pretty tight and he's been there for the last 6 NYK coaching changes.

I'd rather not have Fisher. If he didn't find success in NY, he'd just lie and ask to be let out of his contract so he could spend more time with his family. Then sign as an assistant for a contender.
:lame::lame::lame:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - I think if anything Phil Jackson would go after Kurt Rambis - they have had a good relationship and Phil would be able to mentor him through tough times.

:laugh3: ........no chance

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derek Fisher is not going to get a head coach job this summer - If anything Phil will go with Kurt Rambis who would do exactly what Phil wants to do. if Kurt Rambis isn't the coach, then someone like Avery Johnson.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: ........no chance

You obviously have not heard Phil Jackson say over the years that both Kurt Rambis and Brian Shaw should be given a chance at head coaching. Rambis coaches like Phil Jackson's philosopy and Phil would be there to advise him as needed. So laugh away laughing boy - but there really isn't anything better out there any way

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You obviously have not heard Phil Jackson say over the years that both Kurt Rambis and Brian Shaw should be given a chance at head coaching. Rambis coaches like Phil Jackson's philosopy and Phil would be there to advise him as needed. So laugh away laughing boy - but there really isn't anything better out there any way
Not sure if you're aware, but the GM's job is to bring the players in and the coaches job is to coach them. Is Kurt going to have his cell phone on him during games so Phil can advise him what to do? Or maybe the walkie talkie route?

Don't be a dope. Rambis has no shot of being the NYK next head coach.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the first things needed in a rebuild is choose the right coach. Kerr seems to be the best choice out there and he is young enough to relate to these players. Looks like they are talking, and maybe Rambis comes in as assitant and/or runs scouting department. Phil will attract talent and he will deliver confidence to stick with a plan. Step 1 in a rebuild is to fire the past.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,018.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no shocker here. I thought Jackson would bring in his own guy. but what I really think was the problem is they had high expect ions this year after the great year of last year

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jason Kidd says Hi.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HAHAHAHAHAHA. You, as far as I'm concerned, are the Poster of the Day. Perhaps the month.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you're aware, but the GM's job is to bring the players in and the coaches job is to coach them. Is Kurt going to have his cell phone on him during games so Phil can advise him what to do? Or maybe the walkie talkie route?

Don't be a dope. Rambis has no shot of being the NYK next head coach.

Phil Jackson and Kurt Rambis are pretty tight and Rambis would be geared up to coach the way Phil likes. I agree it's more unlikely that it will happen, but you're flat out stupid if you think Phil wouldn't hire Rambis. The only reason Phil wouldn't is because the ownership would expect him to hire a better known inside the Knicks organization - and even when coaching Minnesota, Rambis had some strong ties to the Lakers.