• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Kissing Cousins: Canucks visit the Sabres. I wish they did a 70s night

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They getting down to block shots as well? Haven't watched much of them to start this season so I don't really know how things are going over there.

4 blocks for daniel so far ... 7 blocks for him all of last year ... he still has to learn to do it better though ... Torts isnt forcing anything on anyone

Tanev has become the shot blocking monster ... 21 so far ... 61 all of last year

Garrison has become Torts #1 guy on d and Vigneault wouldnt even play him on the point on the power play last year

as JBotchford said, players are now being put in positions and situations to be successful

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 1 proviso is he is playing the fuck out of the good players and the 4th liners are playing no more than 5 mins a game ... hes got to trust them or find other guys to fill the role

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and DSedin completely sold out on a play at the end of the Flyers game to prevent a final second shot ... not a blocked shot but he flailed in front a flyer dman

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 blocks for daniel so far ... 7 blocks for him all of last year ... he still has to learn to do it better though ... Torts isnt forcing anything on anyone

Tanev has become the shot blocking monster ... 21 so far ... 61 all of last year

Garrison has become Torts #1 guy on d and Vigneault wouldnt even play him on the point on the power play last year

as JBotchford said, players are now being put in positions and situations to be successful

Well yup, expect more of that type of play to come. I know Torts likes Richardson a lot, you can see from his 2 shorthanded goals already, typical Tortorella type of player. Has the twins been getting some more time on the PK like he said they would?

Also Garrison was huge for Florida on the PP from the point, no surprise that he is being used more with Torts and Sully. Just don't expect the PP to be very good with those 2 lol

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Price was wondering if the Kesler ego could handle playing the wing instead of center - He thought it would be fine with the Sedins, but not with Santorelli as 2nd line center.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Price was wondering if the Kesler ego could handle playing the wing instead of center - He thought it would be fine with the Sedins, but not with Santorelli as 2nd line center.

He played his best stretch of unselfish hockey in his career when he played the wing with Sundin ... He deferred to him ... youre right ... I doubt he defers to Mike Santorelli

he is not a true centre ... he doesnt set guys up and he doesnt make guys better ... if he had a playmaker he could snipe all day and we wouldnt have to talk about all his unassisted goals

monster-like one man shows like Kesler put on against nashville on their run to the finals are one-offs

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yup, expect more of that type of play to come. I know Torts likes Richardson a lot, you can see from his 2 shorthanded goals already, typical Tortorella type of player. Has the twins been getting some more time on the PK like he said they would?

Also Garrison was huge for Florida on the PP from the point, no surprise that he is being used more with Torts and Sully. Just don't expect the PP to be very good with those 2 lol

he does??? he's only getting 12 mins per game ... as a 3rd line center ??? ... if he liked him that much he should be getting more ice time

yah Garrison has that huge point shot on the pp ... if he doesnt hit the net he kills a penalty killer who gets in the way to make it a 5 on 3 ... that never went away ... yet Vigneault was the dunce who wouldnt utlize him correctly last year

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrison has that huge point shot on the pp ... if he doesnt hit the net he kills a penalty killer who gets in the way

That was always my beef with Salo on the point. Guy was a monster but he didn't ever want to hurt anyone with his shot.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was always my beef with Salo on the point. Guy was a monster but he didn't ever want to hurt anyone with his shot.

yep same with me. on the opposite Jiri Slegr had a BOOMEr of a slapper that he was not afraid to use. why? because it was always 4 feet higher above the cross bar and 3 feet left or right

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slegr seemed to always hit his teammates but that didnt stop him from cranking them lol

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange stats of the day...

Canucks have scored more shorthanded goals (3) than power-play goals (2).

Canucks have also scored more shorthanded goals (3) than power-play goals against (2).

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the shorthanded goal they gave up was an own goal lol

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he does??? he's only getting 12 mins per game ... as a 3rd line center ??? ... if he liked him that much he should be getting more ice time

yah Garrison has that huge point shot on the pp ... if he doesnt hit the net he kills a penalty killer who gets in the way to make it a 5 on 3 ... that never went away ... yet Vigneault was the dunce who wouldnt utlize him correctly last year

Normal for a guy under Torts, trust me.

Well AV has put trust in our young defensemen on the point, used John Moore in the last game with Richards and it worked. Moore had a goal from the point on a 4on4.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to keep the sports talk radio off and not read any more comments today in the news paper or TV sites. There are an awful lot of extremely pissed off fans in this area right now.

As they should be, but I've never heard it this bad. Personally I was disgusted watching that fucking game last night and wouldn't blame Vanek and Miller if the caught the next plane outta here. I have NEVER felt so low as a Sabres fan. Thanks Sabres, I've supported you for every single year this team has been in the league.

Thanks for putting a product on the ice that makes me fucking sick !! These fans deserve better.

FUCK YOU DARCY !!!!!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to keep the sports talk radio off and not read any more comments today in the news paper or TV sites. There are an awful lot of extremely pissed off fans in this area right now.

As they should be, but I've never heard it this bad. Personally I was disgusted watching that fucking game last night and wouldn't blame Vanek and Miller if the caught the next plane outta here. I have NEVER felt so low as a Sabres fan. Thanks Sabres, I've supported you for every single year this team has been in the league.

Thanks for putting a product on the ice that makes me fucking sick !! These fans deserve better.

FUCK YOU DARCY !!!!!
I feel bad for you guys, it's rough up in Buffalo right now - I'm shocked they even kept Vanek and Ryan Miller going into this season

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for you guys, it's rough up in Buffalo right now - I'm shocked they even kept Vanek and Ryan Miller going into this season

The problem is they are on an island and Darcy has done NOTHING to help them. Miller faced something like 16 shots two minutes into the game. I don't ever remember seeing that in an NHL game.

Vanek is very talented but has ZERO help on his line. He's a skilled player and I will bet ANYONE that with a couple of decent line mates he will light it up !! You can see the frustration in his face when he get's himself into position and he line mates are getting knocked off the puck or making shitty passes or he set's them up and they whiff.

Both of them have shown a lot of class because I'm not sure I would have been able to hold my frustrations back as well as they have.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FUCK YOU DARCY !!!!!

Boss, if they had fired Darcy during the off season, but were still this terrible, do you think the fans would be this upset, or do you think they'd have more of a "Darcy fucked up so bad we'll give this guy a couple years to fix it" attitude?