• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins must play better in L.A. because........

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's just too much at stake if he doesn't and that's not including a more difficult fight to have another winning season or make the playoffs. Lacking anything resembling a running game, an offensive line that will require considerably more time working together in order to become a NFL ready unit and this game will bear a lot more pressure upon the shoulders of Kirk Cousins.....so......does he crack or step up?

Here's are a couple of other things to consider going into this game:

1. First, another bad game like this opening day performance and I believe Jay Gruden reluctantly puts Kirk on a short leash against the Raiders in game #3. If this (yanking him) happens the repercussions that follow cannot be measured. So my question is how long does Gruden let it go if.....if....IF.....Kirk repeats his slow start?

2. There will be questions and likely a firing of the team president/GM because of decisions to keep Kirk and retag him two years in a row. This is going to happen and won't be mere fodder on social media forums either. So, the question is: if in fact #1 happens, what happens with Bruce Allen?

(Yeah, yeah yeah, I know, easy dodge = he will, I expect him to, or some related retort)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is one more thing to consider. McVey. He knows KC like the back of his hand. His strengths, and more direr, his weaknesses. Does KC see and defensive scheme that has a plateful of tactics that force KC to play into his weaknesses? Blitzes right up the middle, etc.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will lose big mcvay is not dumb rams 34 skins 7

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will lose big mcvay is not dumb rams 34 skins 7

For as often as it happens. I would've thought you found a more effective and much faster way to get the sand out your vagina. Color me flabbergasted.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's just too much at stake if he doesn't and that's not including a more difficult fight to have another winning season or make the playoffs. Lacking anything resembling a running game, an offensive line that will require considerably more time working together in order to become a NFL ready unit and this game will bear a lot more pressure upon the shoulders of Kirk Cousins.....so......does he crack or step up?

Here's are a couple of other things to consider going into this game:

1. First, another bad game like this opening day performance and I believe Jay Gruden reluctantly puts Kirk on a short leash against the Raiders in game #3. If this (yanking him) happens the repercussions that follow cannot be measured. So my question is how long does Gruden let it go if.....if....IF.....Kirk repeats his slow start?

2. There will be questions and likely a firing of the team president/GM because of decisions to keep Kirk and retag him two years in a row. This is going to happen and won't be mere fodder on social media forums either. So, the question is: if in fact #1 happens, what happens with Bruce Allen?

(Yeah, yeah yeah, I know, easy dodge = he will, I expect him to, or some related retort)

If #1 happens the benching of Kc how can you fire Bruce Allen?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It doesn't matter because it is not going to happen barring a complete disaster (i.e. games much worse than the Eagles game). You don't pay that kind of money for a QB & bench him by the 4th or 5th game of the season. That is ridiculous. Especially if you are going to replace him with a mediocre QB like McCoy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter because it is not going to happen barring a complete disaster (i.e. games much worse than the Eagles game). You don't pay that kind of money for a QB & bench him by the 4th or 5th game of the season. That is ridiculous. Especially if you are going to replace him with a mediocre QB like McCoy.

I agree with you. But if KC does the same thing against the Rams, major red flags have to be rising. The schedule doesn't get any easier with OAk and KC the following weeks.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. But if KC does the same thing against the Rams, major red flags have to be rising. The schedule doesn't get any easier with OAk and KC the following weeks.

What happens if we lose to the Rams and beat Oakland and KC? Mind blown.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if we lose to the Rams and beat Oakland and KC? Mind blown.

Of course anything can happen. Im just saying a repeat performance in the Rams game will generate negative buzz.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what? I could see your pt if say the Redskins drafted a QB this year in the 1st or 2nd rd or if they had a situation similar to a few years ago. However - given Cousins contract & having McCoy as your backup - red flags be damned - he is not being replaced this soon. The media and fans don't dictate these moves. This is all on Gruden & he won't replace Cousins anytime soon barring injury or a few epic horrible performances (e.g. bad or worse than Dalton on Sun).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude - why this love affair with Bruce Allen? Are you related to him? Thus far nothing really special about his offseason - we will see. The picks appear to be good but remember these were suggested by SM's drafting service & no doubt SM had input into these choices (plus Allen fell into their lap).

Just don't understand your infatuation with this guy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude - why this love affair with Bruce Allen? Are you related to him? Thus far nothing really special about his offseason - we will see. The picks appear to be good but remember these were suggested by SM's drafting service & no doubt SM had input into these choices (plus Allen fell into their lap).

Just don't understand your infatuation with this guy.

No love affair. But if KC is not the Qb most of this board thinks he is then you have to give him credit for not giving him the huge LTD. IF KC balls out and takes this team to the playoffs and has a good year then you can call Allen an ass. You cant have it both ways. Of course everyone wants KC to succeed so they can call Allen and ass and fire him.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, they can both happen. They are not mutually exclusive. Allen should be fired alone just for the handling of the SM affair.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, they can both happen. They are not mutually exclusive. Allen should be fired alone just for the handling of the SM affair.

Firing Allen if #1 happens means that Allen was right all along. So how can you fire him?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Allen if #1 happens means that Allen was right all along. So how can you fire him?
Right about what. Saying that he wants KC here long term or just being lucky and cheap enough to avoid signing him? But if KC fails, what about all the money he paid him over the last 2 years? He gets a pass on that? I don't care what happens to KC long term, there is no way you can convince me that BA is a credible GM in any form or fashion. By his own admission, he has been calling the shots since he got here. Where has he ever had success?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right about what. Saying that he wants KC here long term or just being lucky and cheap enough to avoid signing him? But if KC fails, what about all the money he paid him over the last 2 years? He gets a pass on that? I don't care what happens to KC long term, there is no way you can convince me that BA is a credible GM in any form or fashion. By his own admission, he has been calling the shots since he got here. Where has he ever had success?

The rumor was that there are members of the organization that don't like KC. One of those members is Allen. That is why he gave him the lowball offer. He doesn't have confidence in him. He wasn't going to give him a fair LTD. If KC fails this year he would have saved this organization over 100mg.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rumor was that there are members of the organization that don't like KC. One of those members is Allen. That is why he gave him the lowball offer. He doesn't have confidence in him. He wasn't going to give him a fair LTD. If KC fails this year he would have saved this organization over 100mg.
Or he would have wasted 44M over the last 2 years with no replacement in sight. Seems like sound management to me.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or he would have wasted 44M over the last 2 years with no replacement in sight. Seems like sound management to me.

better than over 100mg.