• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiper 3.0

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mixon might not get out of the 1st.

I agree with this, so my question to you is this (and I saw that mock) If Cook, Mixon, and McCaffery are all there and our team has decided on drafting a RB, why is McCaffery such a good pick when there are clearly two better choices sitting right there?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this, so my question to you is this (and I saw that mock) If Cook, Mixon, and McCaffery are all there and our team has decided on drafting a RB, why is McCaffery such a good pick when there are clearly two better choices sitting right there?

If all three are sitting there, we take Cook.

Mixon might be more talented, but he committed the cardinal sin which will cost him draft position.

McCaffery might be a more versatile player.

Cook is the safe bet and the flashy move Dan and Bruce would long for.

Aside from Fourtnette, Cook is the guy they would target. And the only way Fourtnette is there at 17 is if something really damaging comes out the day before the draft on him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all three are sitting there, we take Cook.

Mixon might be more talented, but he committed the cardinal sin which will cost him draft position.

McCaffery might be a more versatile player.

Cook is the safe bet and the flashy move Dan and Bruce would long for.

Aside from Fourtnette, Cook is the guy they would target. And the only way Fourtnette is there at 17 is if something really damaging comes out the day before the draft on him.

Agree, I just can't think of a reason to draft (as Kiper believes) this guy McCaffery when there would be according to his own mock, two far better choices sitting there.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shouldnt draft a RB in round one

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, I just can't think of a reason to draft (as Kiper believes) this guy McCaffery when there would be according to his own mock, two far better choices sitting there.

His recieving and open field ability would be the only reason. Watch some high lights... kid leaves a string of broken ankles if he gets loose in the open field. So he is just as much a home run threat as the other two, without the baggage of Mixon, and a better pass catcher than Cook.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCaffery fits into a Gruden back for this team. He does so many things. Bucky Brooks compared him to Brian Westbrook. It will be interesting if he is still there at 17.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we shouldnt draft a RB in round one

If we get the right one Im all for it. We can say all we want that we are a passing team. But a legit rushing threat takes a ton of pressure off of our QB whom ever that turns out to be. This team is going to have to rely on the Offense for a few more seasons, so I dont see it as a bad thing to improve the offense.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we can get an RB later . we should draft reddick

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His recieving and open field ability would be the only reason. Watch some high lights... kid leaves a string of broken ankles if he gets loose in the open field. So he is just as much a home run threat as the other two, without the baggage of Mixon, and a better pass catcher than Cook.
He lacks the vision and patience of Mixon. He doesn't come close in utilizing blocks, angles, and creating downfield blocks as well as Mixon. Definitely doesn't have better hands.

Cook is a homerun hitter, there is no doubt of his ability to flip field position and can score from anywhere on the field.

I like McCaffery, nice kid and I watched almost every game he's played in because I have been a big follower of his head coach. I've even on occasion mentioned Shaw here as a excellent HC'ing candidate when the subject came up. Beyond all of that, as mentioned in another thread, we already have MCaffery in Thompson. Why get another?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He lacks the vision and patience of Mixon. He doesn't come close in utilizing blocks, angles, and creating downfield blocks as well as Mixon. Definitely doesn't have better hands.

Cook is a homerun hitter, there is no doubt of his ability to flip field position and can score from anywhere on the field.

I like McCaffery, nice kid and I watched almost every game he's played in because I have been a big follower of his head coach. I've even on occasion mentioned Shaw here as a excellent HC'ing candidate when the subject came up. Beyond all of that, as mentioned in another thread, we already have MCaffery in Thompson. Why get another?

Sty... you are stuttering again. :dhd:

Thompson is some what injury prone. Look Im not pulling that we should take McCaffery, but I was asked why would we. So I gave you reasons why we might consider it. Now if we do, I hope it would happen after we traded down a few spots, and only if Cook is off the board if we are going to go RB.

I agree from a shear talent standpoint Mixon is better than both. But I dont want to burn a first round pick on a guy who Goddell will have the spy drones following and be tempted to suspend if he looks at the Hooters girl side ways is all.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty... you are stuttering again. :dhd:

Thompson is some what injury prone. Look Im not pulling that we should take McCaffery, but I was asked why would we. So I gave you reasons why we might consider it. Now if we do, I hope it would happen after we traded down a few spots, and only if Cook is off the board if we are going to go RB.

I agree from a shear talent standpoint Mixon is better than both. But I dont want to burn a first round pick on a guy who Goddell will have the spy drones following and be tempted to suspend if he looks at the Hooters girl side ways is all.

One of the problems that this team has, is with it's wrongly, self imposed, righteous indignation when it comes to judging character. In an organization where prayer is encouraged before and after games, a flag is waved and an anthem played, is it really a stretch to include forgiveness and opportunity when transgressions of youth is at question? Probably not!! But let's be honest about it, the convictions that are so proudly and outwardly displayed are hollow in the face of what's driving his stock down here and else where..........F.E. A. R.

BTW: Just read them as written......without the stuttering and it will go away!!:D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the present NFL stance on domestic violence there is a very good reason for not drafting Mixon in the 1st round. It has nothing to do with talent, really it has nothing to do with forgiveness .... well it does. The NFL will zero forgiveness if Mixon repeats that mistake. I don't see why that is hard to understand.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

McCaffery is a much better version of Thompson - who's tiny and injury-prone and has a very small catching radius.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffery is a much better version of Thompson - who's tiny and injury-prone and has a very small catching radius.

These guys have lost their mind for comparing CT to MCCaffery. Mccaffery does so much more.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has everybody already cast aside Robert Kelley? Dude was sufficient... held onto the ball.. was always falling forward... seemed tuff in the trenches. Our glaring issue was on the defense so why would we waste our first round pick on the offense... howd that work out last year? To get better you have to address the weaknesses of your team and improve on that. Are the two defensive studs McGee and McClain (laughing as I type) gonna amp up this defense to top 10 status. Not likely. You need a wrecking ball back there. Our defense will improve only if we start putting pressure on every QB we face. A john Beck clone could even make easy passes and move the chains if he isn't pressured.

It's our defense they need to address with that first pick, not RB. Our front line isn't as good as Dallas so any back they put back there won't be that big of a step up from Kelley. Go defense with 17.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has everybody already cast aside Robert Kelley? Dude was sufficient... held onto the ball.. was always falling forward... seemed tuff in the trenches. Our glaring issue was on the defense so why would we waste our first round pick on the offense... howd that work out last year? To get better you have to address the weaknesses of your team and improve on that. Are the two defensive studs McGee and McClain (laughing as I type) gonna amp up this defense to top 10 status. Not likely. You need a wrecking ball back there. Our defense will improve only if we start putting pressure on every QB we face. A john Beck clone could even make easy passes and move the chains if he isn't pressured.

It's our defense they need to address with that first pick, not RB. Our front line isn't as good as Dallas so any back they put back there won't be that big of a step up from Kelley. Go defense with 17.
Oh I agree (and laughed with you). You used the right word - sufficient. Unless an RB is available that's demonstrably better than everyone at our need positions, I'd wait at least until the 4th round - preferably later - for an RB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree (and laughed with you). You used the right word - sufficient. Unless an RB is available that's demonstrably better than everyone at our need positions, I'd wait at least until the 4th round - preferably later - for an RB.

If a Rb is drafted at #17 he will be better than all of our RB's. So the position gets upgraded.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends what that team is looking for. I know you are a FSU fan, but why is Cook falling to the late first round???

Where is Cook falling in the draft? :scratch:

Mel Kiper is a hack. The man loved Jimmy Clausen and so many other duds from 1 NFL combine. The man forgets all about a player season every single year. No idea why ESPN has him around, but this is ESPN we are talking about. Cook doesn't make it past Tampa Bay.