• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Kings vs Jets

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well crap, Scrivens is like not having a goalie at all!

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B. Scrivens SVS 5 - GAA 0 SV% 1.000

Thank you Quick for letting Scrivens play.. LUCKILY. he's on my fantasy team.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Its the 2nd game of the season he should be ok playing back to back. There was sustained pressure and the 3rd shot went in. I would be a bit concerned if Scrivens was started in this game. A better stat would be what is his record when LA scores 1

Kings have never won when Quick plays in back to back nights. I think this is the first time Quick has
Layer the whole game. Sutter needs to look at the stats. What this tells me is the Kings have no back up. Maybe they can sign bryz for pocket change.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was a little surprised to see Sutter not give Scrivens the start tonight. Not that it would have made any difference and Quick shouldn't have been that tired or mentally worn out with only the single game played. He didn't even play that much during the preseason. He did play the whole game against the Rangers in Vegas but I think that was the only preseason game where he played the whole game. As a team you just can't rely on your goaltender to keep the opponent to a single goal every game.

Kings should have played the second period like they played the last 5 minutes of the game. That and you just can't take penalties when you've got some momentum going. Bad play by Regehr to take that late penalty and kill the momentum the Kings had going. Oh well I didn't really think they would go 82-0. Gotta play better Monday night though.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams looks dinky next to Byfuglen

Dude the dinosaurs on the way to Vegas look dinky next to Byfuglien.

Tubs was 260 pounds coming into camp 3 years ago. Was criticized and told to get that shizzle in order.

blk4x499

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Common theme the first two games, clog the nuetral zone and this will give the Kings trouble...They need to dump and chase more and rely on the their body size and forecheck

KickSave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Its the 2nd game of the season he should be ok playing back to back. There was sustained pressure and the 3rd shot went in. I would be a bit concerned if Scrivens was started in this game. A better stat would be what is his record when LA scores 1

Yes, really. It's the 2nd game of the season, a great time to let Scrivens get a go at a start. Its so early it wont impact the team and even if he lost, wouldn't have mattered eh? ;) On to the next one

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after two games I've seen Minnesota and Winnipeg play with speed and decisive thinking that LA did when they won the cup. It's worked so far. LA is a great team and can win those games but their tempo so far hasn't been there.

Doughty is looking terrific though so far! As is Carter

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA didn't play until the last part of the 3rd, I guess your thinking that is what their energy would have been if Scrivens played the whole game, I disagree that it is Quick in a back 2 back and see the blame on the entire club almost every time. The 2nd goal was sustained pressure and 3 shots until Olle buried it, the 3rd goal was a deflection between RR's legs and the 4th goal was Kane speeding past the entire club followed by a great save by Quick and Setogucci being the only player in the Kings zone to get the puck and not 1 LA King told Quick where the puck was which would have made him go back into the net instead of being still thinking he was on top of the puck. Its the last 2 years all over again, Quick plays well and has some goals that could only have been stopped with luck or better play from the Kings go in and its his fault.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is those who keep doing the same thing and expect different results are insane. This was the 4 or 5th time Sutter has played Quick in back to back games. I think Quick has given up over 3 goals in every one. I don't blame Quick but the team has done poorly in every game. Not upset over one loss. Just upset that given the history of the team that Sutter took the chance.
Come April this will be forgotten

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an idea. Play Quick in the 2nd of a back-to-back... :yo: