• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings Fined $100K For Violating Terms Of Slava Voynov Suspension

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dutter claiming that Voynov was supposed to wait until after the main group skated to come out:

Jon Rosen @lakingsinsider
Sutter: "It was an optional skate and everybody went. He's supposed to come out after with the injured guys right after practice. Everybody went today...

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke.

$100K, really? Anschutz is worth over $10B. How is a $100K fine really a punishment to them?

At a minimum they should count that $100K against the salary cap.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke.

$100K, really? Anschutz is worth over $10B. How is a $100K fine really a punishment to them?

At a minimum they should count that $100K against the salary cap.

Or, you know, his whole salary that they just got relief from.

He shouldn't even be in the facility let alone on the ice with anyone associated with the LAK

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before a Devils fan says it should be a $3 million cap hit...

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, you know, his whole salary that they just got relief from.

He shouldn't even be in the facility let alone on the ice with anyone associated with the LAK

Agreed, actually the Kings could be given the choice, he can practice with the team in full, but they carry the cap hit. Or you can have the cap hit relieved and he can't come to any team function.

The semantics "he can skate, but only with the injured guys" is pure BS bureaucratic nonsense.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was just stupidity. He was suppose to skate with the injured guys. The injured guys skated with the team. He went with them. Since this was an optional skate I don't know if all the coaches were there, but DS was and he should have known.
As far as fines counting against the cap, I don't think the rest of the players want to pay the team fine, which would happen if it counted against the cap.
I am calling this a brain fart and forgetting about it. Unless they raise ticket prices .15 to cover it

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was just stupidity. He was suppose to skate with the injured guys. The injured guys skated with the team. He went with them. Since this was an optional skate I don't know if all the coaches were there, but DS was and he should have known.
As far as fines counting against the cap, I don't think the rest of the players want to pay the team fine, which would happen if it counted against the cap.
I am calling this a brain fart and forgetting about it. Unless they raise ticket prices .15 to cover it

I was not! Don't bring me into this!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dutter = Darryl Sutter
Butter = Brent Sutter

DS = Cyclist/Scientist/Math wizard

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Los Angeles Kings:
This was clearly a mistake on our part and we accept full responsibility. It is incumbent upon us to be more vigilant in managing this situation to ensure that Slava’s allowable training activities always remain separate from the team.”

Translation : brain fart

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Los Angeles Kings:
This was clearly a mistake on our part and we accept full responsibility. It is incumbent upon us to be more vigilant in managing this situation to ensure that Slava’s allowable training activities always remain separate from the team.”

Translation : brain fart

Translation; We are okay with taking only 100K of responsibility. And we thank the league for looking the other way even though we just got them to give us unprecedented help less than three weeks ago. We'll be good now! We promise!

No! Slava is NOT is our weight room right this very minute! NOOOO!

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slava is allowed in the weight room, and on the ice with coaches. He is not allowed at any team events including practices even optional ones. Since all the players and coaches live within 2 mi,ES of his house, many within 1/2 a mile, it would be hard for them not to see each other.
I just don't know how they thought this was ok.
If the Kings have an extra 100k, I know an old, slightly overweight, fan of the team that could use it.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slava is allowed in the weight room, and on the ice with coaches. He is not allowed at any team events including practices even optional ones. Since all the players and coaches live within 2 mi,ES of his house, many within 1/2 a mile, it would be hard for them not to see each other.
If the Kings have an extra 100k, I know an old, slightly overweight, fan of the team that could use it.

See my post above. The Kings have a LOT of extra 100K that they could spare.

/Better start checking the mailbox.:nod:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When Johansen was embroiled in the contract mess this summer, he was deemed to not have a valid contract even though the club owned his rights. And as such, he was not allowed to use team facilities. It was an insurance thing as much as it was a contract thing. Any player without a valid contract is not allowed in team facilities.

The Kings own Voynov's rights, but his contract is suspended. The Kings get relief from said contract, therefore if all things were equal (ha ha) Voynov should not be allowed to use any Kings facilities because technically his contract is not currently valid because the Kings are not being held to the cap while paying it. Voynov gets to stay in "game shape" with the Kings' help while they do not have to abide by the cap. How is that fair to the rest of the teams in the league?

The league is just making it up as they go along. I guess technically Kovalchuk could go hang out in the Devils facilities.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't know how someone didn't step in after a few minutes. I mean, they paired him up with Martinez (I think IIRC) and he was going through drills. It's hard to believe it's a simple oversight when he was out there the whole practice. Tend to think maybe the first few minutes was an oversight, then they said, screw it...just practice. Which is why $100k isn't really enough punishment.