• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings Fined $100K For Violating Terms Of Slava Voynov Suspension

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Johansen was embroiled in the contract mess this summer, he was deemed to not have a valid contract even though the club owned his rights. And as such, he was not allowed to use team facilities. It was an insurance thing as much as it was a contract thing. Any player without a valid contract is not allowed in team facilities.

The Kings own Voynov's rights, but his contract is suspended. The Kings get relief from said contract, therefore if all things were equal (ha ha) Voynov should not be allowed to use any Kings facilities because technically his contract is not currently valid because the Kings are not being held to the cap while paying it. Voynov gets to stay in "game shape" with the Kings' help while they do not have to abide by the cap. How is that fair to the rest of the teams in the league?

The league is just making it up as they go along. I guess technically Kovalchuk could go hang out in the Devils facilities.

He wouldn't come out alive.

I agree with your opinion that it's not really fair (and the league IS making it up as they go), but they were given permission for him to be on the ice with asst coaches...which is crap, but it's because they're treating it like he's on the IR. Maybe it's because it's the only sheet of ice in LA.