• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings classic games

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1993 Western Conference Finals - LA Vs Toronto game 6 on now, Game 7 next.

Prime Ticket

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prime Ticket is Fox Sports West 2nd channel.

Game 7 just started

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 6 was cool, and not Kerry Fraser's fault. I mean just like he said, his view was blocked.

fraser.jpg

I mean, just look at all of those obstructions in his sightline.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 6 was cool, and not Kerry Fraser's fault. I mean just like he said, his view was blocked.

fraser.jpg

I mean, just look at all of those obstructions in his sightline.

I don't remember the big blue arrow, when I watched the game live, but it sure would be hard to see around that.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember the big blue arrow, when I watched the game live, but it sure would be hard to see around that.

And it appears like that circle is like the Cloak of Invisibility...

But I guess if ya ain't even made the finals since there were only six teams, ya grasp for whatever comfort you can get.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it appears like that circle is like the Cloak of Invisibility...

But I guess if ya ain't even made the finals since there were only six teams, ya grasp for whatever comfort you can get.

Why did you feel the need to throw a dart like that? I'm not ragging on the Kings, I'm ragging on Kerry Fraser.

If he'd just missed the call I wouldn't still care. But he saw what happened and simply didn't have the balls to make the call. Then he compounded it by lying and saying his view his blocked.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it rather hysterical that Maple Leaf fan is STILL holding on to that moment like Fraser's "non-call" directly put the puck in the net for the Kings and then Fraser himself scored all 5 of the goals the Kings scored in game 7. As much as I couldn't stand Fraser either, that play didn't cause the outcome of the series! Sure, HYPOTHETICALLY, if Fraser makes a call there, that only puts the game 4 on 4, that doesn't mean Toronto is going to score!! Plus, say Toronto does win the series, and plays Montreal in the Finals. Problem is Montreal was on such a roll that year, I don't think that garuanteed Toronto would have won the cup. Also, as it has been discovered later, the Habs cheated in the Finals, and essentially stole the Cup that year, and as a result (coupled with Rocket Richard dropping the cup & denting the base) it seems as though the Hockey Gods are punishing them for their behavior, which is nice!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it rather hysterical that Maple Leaf fan is STILL holding on to that moment like Fraser's "non-call" directly put the puck in the net for the Kings and then Fraser himself scored all 5 of the goals the Kings scored in game 7. As much as I couldn't stand Fraser either, that play didn't cause the outcome of the series! Sure, HYPOTHETICALLY, if Fraser makes a call there, that only puts the game 4 on 4, that doesn't mean Toronto is going to score!! Plus, say Toronto does win the series, and plays Montreal in the Finals. Problem is Montreal was on such a roll that year, I don't think that garuanteed Toronto would have won the cup. Also, as it has been discovered later, the Habs cheated in the Finals, and essentially stole the Cup that year, and as a result (coupled with Rocket Richard dropping the cup & denting the base) it seems as though the Hockey Gods are punishing them for their behavior, which is nice!

The guy that would have been tossed out of the game if the call had been made scored the game winning goal. While Fraser didn't directly cause the outcome, I don't know how much more of a direct effect an official can have on a game.

"Holding on to that moment"? Cause I remember it and don't want to excuse the guy for not only fucking up, but being a complete chickenshit? Like I said, if he'd just not seen it and missed the call I'd have excused him for it. That's not what happened.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gretzky being tossed from the game is quite a stretch, seriously! I mean Gilmore had a SMALL cut under his chin, not like Wayne sliced him open. At the time that would have been 2 minutes tops, not even close to a 5 minute major & game misconduct. Did Gretzky warrent a penalty? Maybe. But Gilmore fell down immediately on his face clearly embellishing, wanting to get a call. Did it work? No, so you have to move on & let it go. Kings got "hosed" during the Finals when Leclair scored an OT winner, when he was clearly in the crease, which at the time he was not allowed to do, so that goal shouldn't have counted either, much like Gretzky's in Game 6, huh? Sorry, there's no "Great Conspiracy" against the Leafs.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gretzky being tossed from the game is quite a stretch, seriously! I mean Gilmore had a SMALL cut under his chin, not like Wayne sliced him open. At the time that would have been 2 minutes tops, not even close to a 5 minute major & game misconduct. Did Gretzky warrent a penalty? Maybe. But Gilmore fell down immediately on his face clearly embellishing, wanting to get a call. Did it work? No, so you have to move on & let it go. Kings got "hosed" during the Finals when Leclair scored an OT winner, when he was clearly in the crease, which at the time he was not allowed to do, so that goal shouldn't have counted either, much like Gretzky's in Game 6, huh? Sorry, there's no "Great Conspiracy" against the Leafs.

I take it you're not old enough to remember what the rules were then? At the time a high stick drawing blood was an automatic match penalty, 5 minutes and a game.

You're really beating up some serious strawmen here. When did I say (or ever suggest) that that there was a "great conspiracy" against the Leafs?

I'll also add that I would also have forgiven Fraser if he'd said at anytime that he saw it but decided not to call it. But over 20 years later he still won't. And as any 5 year old kid will tell you, if you don't admit what you did then you shouldn't expect to be forgiven for it.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now these are sports fans. I love this thread!

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too soon :(