• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings assistant coach Mark Hardy arrested

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, I hope that's not true...

If it is true, he doesn't deserve to make it out of prison alive.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a good thing I checked the main board one more time before hitting the create thread button on this.

Just read it, and it's sickening.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too hope it is not true. If it is then he deserves whatever he has coming to him. This is bad no matter what. If it is true then the guy has serious problems. If not then the guy still has problems.
If true I would think the family may try and get the daughter to refuse to testify. They might use money of family loyalty to get her to drop it. If it is not true we (the public at large) will believe that the family got her to change her story.
No good can come of this. If found guilty Hardy has lost eveything, including hopefully his freedom. If not true then he has lost almost everything including his family.

I hope it is not true. Not only for Mark but for his daughter as well. Sexual assualt is a horrible thing. I hope that this was a misunderstanding, a dream that seemed too real or something else altogether.

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 2 daughters and I just can't comprehend something like that...it's amazing what goes through some peoples minds....

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A stolen purse or cab driver argument is one thing, but this shit doesn't happen around the NHL. Make him disappear. painfully.

I find it odd that the police spokesman is named Frost...

Squatchito

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeesh. Sexual assault is unforgivable. Incestuous sexual assault is really one of the worst things I can imagine. I won't jump the "guilty until proven innocent" gun, I'll wait and seen what all comes of this, if details should ever surface.

That said, in the unfortunate circumstance that the above all proves true I don't see the punishment fitting the crime. He will probably be sentenced to a few years in prison and get released early. He should be castrated, hanged, drawn and quartered.

I used to advocate against the death penalty as I don't really see it as a deterrent to crime. But, there is something to be said of permanently removing shit eaters from decent society.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother-in-law played hockey with Mark Hardy and he had nothing but great things to say about Mark. I echo davnlaguna in saying that I hope that this is not true.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good info from a defense lawyer in the DC area. No facts but an understanding of the law involved.
Q & A WITH D.C. LAWYER, DAVID BENOWITZ, ABOUT MARK HARDY’S ARREST AND PROSECUTION SURLY & SCRIBE'S LOS ANGELES KINGS HOCKEY DOMAIN

So it comes down to a "He said" "She Said" unless he said things to the police that would harm his case.

The mom is stuck in the middle. Having to support her daughter and her husband. I don't think Hardy will be with the Kings in any active role until well after this blows over, assuming he is not found guilty. The Kings/AEG may just never state what his status is with the team. That way they can keep him or fire him without bringing up the story again. If he is found guilty he will never work at any level of hockey again. He will be a registered sex offender and no one will want him around any team.

My wife, who is a Ducks fan and hater of all sex crimes, has chosen to believe the best of Mark Hardy. We have met him a couple of times (even skated after a Kings practice once with him) and she thinks he is a great guy. She thinks that this is a big misunderstanding and if they would just let them talk all could be settled.