• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kiko Alonso for Lesean Mccoy? Sure thing Chip!

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Source: Eagles LB Kiko Alonso has partial ACL tear

The injury news could have been worse for a couple of Eagles linebackers.

Kiko Alonso has a Grade II sprain - a partial tear - of his repaired left ACL, a source close to the situation said last night, which should sideline him at least a few weeks, but not for the season. And Mychal Kendricks has a mild hamstring strain.

Meanwhile, Eagles starting defensive end Cedric Thornton broke the fourth metacarpal on his right hand and will be sidelined a few weeks, according to freelance reporter/producer Laura Goldman, who met Thornton last night at a Big Brothers fundraiser and took a photo of Thornton with a cast on his right hand.

Efforts to elicit comment from Thornton and the Eagles last night were unsuccessful.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to say the Eagles are done but they definitely look like a hot mess. They are in a pretty easy division right now so that helps while they try to figure things out but I said this when the whole off season was happening that teams that change their roster so much usually don't do well the next year. You usually only see that kind of turnover when there is a new coach not after an 10 win season. To me that brings a lot of unrest in that locker room when that happens as guys just do not feel comfortable. Chip is doing things his way and he still has some time to turn this around as he does still have a very talented team but he better get to work fast as he has no one to blame but himself if this season tanks and ownership will see it that way too.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the story with Kiko and a partial tear? My wife suffered a partial tear of the ACL back in HS, and it isn't like it grows back (or hers hasn't at least). Do they just keep him out a few weeks for swelling, or what does a couple of weeks off do to help?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip will just give him a smoothie and that will take care of his injury. If that somehow doesn't work, they'll call up Russell Wilson for some recovery water.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the story with Kiko and a partial tear? My wife suffered a partial tear of the ACL back in HS, and it isn't like it grows back (or hers hasn't at least). Do they just keep him out a few weeks for swelling, or what does a couple of weeks off do to help?

If he only has a partial tear and the knee is still stable they have found that not all patients will need surgery in that situation. They can do physical therapy for a bit and see very good results. Good chance if and when he comes back he would have to wear a knee brace though to keep it from tearing more and even more importantly causing more damage to the rest of the knee.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was so going to say something inappropriate about your wife's HS knee injury!!!! But I won't...:rolleyes2:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was so going to say something inappropriate about your wife's HS knee injury!!!! But I won't...:rolleyes2:
lol, it was an injury on the basketball court...and before my time :)

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i partially tore my ACL on icy stairs last winter. sore as fuck. dr said i could get surgery and be hung up for months on crutches etc, or i could let it heal on its own.

i chose the latter, knees fine now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, it was an injury on the basketball court...and before my time :)
Was the entire basketball team there at the time??? Damn I did it anyway...:thumb:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i partially tore my ACL on icy stairs last winter. sore as fuck. dr said i could get surgery and be hung up for months on crutches etc, or i could let it heal on its own.

i chose the latter, knees fine now.

What did he mean "heals" though. Just the swelling went down? did you have MRI's done before and after to see if it had grown back or simply stabilized?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he mean "heals" though. Just the swelling went down? did you have MRI's done before and after to see if it had grown back or simply stabilized?
25% tear. went back 4 months later, down to 10%. they never fully heal, but will re-stabilize.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25% tear. went back 4 months later, down to 10%. they never fully heal, but will re-stabilize.

It ever act up? Like broken bones, she can feel it in her knee when the weather is changing. She has been back since then and they have told her the same thing...it's up to you if you want surgery or you can just keep wearing a brace when you play sports and be fine. Or it will completely tear at which point you would need surgery anyhow.

It's funny we have replaced three ACL's for our dogs but not hers. doh

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ever act up? Like broken bones, she can feel it in her knee when the weather is changing. She has been back since then and they have told her the same thing...it's up to you if you want surgery or you can just keep wearing a brace when you play sports and be fine. Or it will completely tear at which point you would need surgery anyhow.

It's funny we have replaced three ACL's for our dogs but not hers. doh
nope, and i test it a lot now because of my girls kids.

it went from literally wobbly (side to side) and limited normal motion range and a lot of pain, to just a bit swollen and sore...to now nearly a year later, normal looking and feeling. but im also not an NFL LBer.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a horrible turn of events for the Eagles fans who were drinking the pre season kool aid