• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kicking woes.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If this keeps up we are going to have to resort to the Boise St mentality. They don't kick FGs unless they have to because they know they are horrible at it. I don't know what to else to do but just go for the jugular if it is a 30-40 yard field goal and pooch it if it is longer than that. This is getting bad.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back and look at Fosters high school film he was a lot better in high school at kickoffs and fieldgoals. I think we might need a new kicking coach to go the with new kickers.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard something on the radio this week that alarmed me. A guy that supposedly has followed Foster for awhile was saying that he regularly kicked the ball out of the endzone in practice. He made it sound as if he had little trouble doing that sort of thing. If that is true then what could be the issue with him in the game? It could only be one of two things. Either he really has issues with performing while being watched or he is being told to purposely kick the ball short every game. I cannot imagine that it is the latter. So how much can a live game really effect a guy that is only supposed to kick the ball as hard as he can? What other reason would there be for him to suck so bad in that department?

As far as the FG kicking goes, I think that might lend some insight into his mental state in live games. He really seems to buckle under pressure. I might be wrong, but he certainly isn't doing much to disprove that.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to a couple a practices and Foster kicks most of the kickoffs in the endzone and some will go out of the endzone. For some reason he has trouble putting that in the game. He has the leg to do.

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we do need a new kicker coach
I mean sometimes the punter doesn't come through in clutch.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys recruit scholly kickers or just scoop one up from the soccer team or something?

I'm sure Bama will make getting a quality kicker a priority.

Georgia & Florida already have the #1 & 2 kickers, respectively, for the 2012 class though.

I feel ya'll on the kicker woes, ours has been money his whole career but has been uncharacteristicly horrible this year.

Bama should have beaten LSU.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys recruit scholly kickers or just scoop one up from the soccer team or something?

I'm sure Bama will make getting a quality kicker a priority.

Georgia & Florida already have the #1 & 2 kickers, respectively, for the 2012 class though.

I feel ya'll on the kicker woes, ours has been money his whole career but has been uncharacteristicly horrible this year.

Bama should have beaten LSU.

Adam Griffith is committed to Bama, and he is rated #2 by rivals and #1 by scout.