• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Khalil Mack to the Bears!!!!

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good player pickup for the Bears. Could make them a wildcard contender for this season.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You comparing Khalil Mack to a decrepit version of Julius Peppers with Jay Cutler at QB?

giphy.gif
Define decrepit. He made the pro bowl his first three years with the Bears. He made the pro bowl his second year with the Packers. Despite other numbers being down, he had eleven sacks last year at age 37. Peppers is a physical freak that is rarely seen. If you want to, somehow, say Mack is in that same mold, and better than Peppers, make your case. But don't tell me Peppers was over the hill when he was playing for the Bears. Because that's just not true.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define decrepit. He made the pro bowl his first three years with the Bears. He made the pro bowl his second year with the Packers. Despite other numbers being down, he had eleven sacks last year at age 37. Peppers is a physical freak that is rarely seen. If you want to, somehow, say Mack is in that same mold, and better than Peppers, make your case. But don't tell me Peppers was over the hill when he was playing for the Bears. Because that's just not true.
Ok, I'll say Mack is that much better than Peppers was with the Bears.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take my chances that the picks and Mack who the Bears received over what the Raiders will do with there 2 first round picks. Until those first round picks are drafted and are actually better then Mack then get back to me.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm, I'll bet on the two time all-pro and 3 time pro-bowler holding his own 27-31 versus what Peppers did ages 30-33
Peppers was a two time all-pro and three time pro-bowler as well by age 27. What Peppers accomplished beyond that is why he will be in the HoF when he retires. Mack has proven he can play at an elite level, but he still has a long way to go to prove he is in the same class as Peppers.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers was a two time all-pro and three time pro-bowler as well by age 27. What Peppers accomplished beyond that is why he will be in the HoF when he retires. Mack has proven he can play at an elite level, but he still has a long way to go to prove he is in the same class as Peppers.
He's an all-pro now who is well on his way to a HOF pace. End of.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mickey mouse pissing contests as to how good Julius Peppers was with the Bears aside, I am pretty sure most everyone understands Mack =/= SB lock or even guaranteed success, but the Bears are a lot better than they were a couple days ago.

Does it translate to immediate success, I don't know. May be a few weeks. Trubs may need another year. We will see, but I am excited.

Last edited:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Packer fans.
All I ever hear from packer fans is how they have a great QB. Yeah, they have a great QB they won’t protect and will be sacked by JFL defenses. It’s annoying as fuck. They don’t have any other quality players on their team outside of pass catchers. That team is not a contender. They may make the playoffs, but that’s it.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon... If the Packers picked up Mack you would be a giddy school girl.

Just stop.
Do you know why Muhammad Wilkerson is in a Packers uniform on a one year prove-it contract? He got paid and then got soft. He's not the only player to end up playing under this scenario. Only one person knows how Mack will play for the Bears, and that person is either studying the Bears playbook right now or looking over million dollar homes in Highland Park.

And as far as being that giddy? No. I am an optimist, but also a realist. Everything I've mentioned would be a concern for me as a Packers fan, had the Packers acquired him. I may not have vocalized those concerns, but would have had them none-the-less, while hoping for the best. I would have expressed my optimism, but not made any specific claims about how one player would turn my team around.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know why Muhammad Wilkerson is in a Packers uniform on a one year prove-it contract? He got paid and then got soft. He's not the only player to end up playing under this scenario. Only one person knows how Mack will play for the Bears, and that person is either studying the Bears playbook right now or looking over million dollar homes in Highland Park.

And as far as being that giddy? No. I am an optimist, but also a realist. Everything I've mentioned would be a concern for me as a Packers fan, had the Packers acquired him. I may not have vocalized those concerns, but would have had them none-the-less, while hoping for the best. I would have expressed my optimism, but not made any specific claims about how one player would turn my team around.
Everything about Mack’s character that I have read suggests he wants to be better than Lawrence Taylor. I like that. He may not be, but that hunger is my favorite part of this deal.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything about Mack’s character that I have read suggests he wants to be better than Lawrence Taylor. I like that. He may not be, but that hunger is my favorite part of this deal.
Honestly, I am doing nothing more than playing devils's advocate. If the Packers landed him, I'd be as optimistic as you. Yet, behind the scenes, honestly, I would be secretly concerned about everything I've mentioned.

Trust me, I would love to see the Bears be the second best team in the NFC North. I love the rivalry and the banter with Bears fans. Most Vikings fans I come across are nothing more than trolls. In broad terms, I hate Bears fans because I hate the Bears. I respect Bears fans because they know football. I hate Vikings fans because I hate the Vikings. I don't respect Vikings fans because they tend to act like the younger brother trying to be as good as, or better than, the older brother.

Cheers, Bears fans!
:suds:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I am doing nothing more than playing devils's advocate. If the Packers landed him, I'd be as optimistic as you. Yet, behind the scenes, honestly, I would be secretly concerned about everything I've mentioned.

Trust me, I would love to see the Bears be the second best team in the NFC North. I love the rivalry and the banter with Bears fans. Most Vikings fans I come across are nothing more than trolls. In broad terms, I hate Bears fans because I hate the Bears. I respect Bears fans because they know football. I hate Vikings fans because I hate the Vikings. I don't respect Vikings fans because they tend to act like the younger brother trying to be as good as, or better than, the older brother.

Cheers, Bears fans!
:suds:
Cheers! And for the record, I hate Vikings fans too. But, Packer fans take the cake. They think that just because they went from Favre to Rodgers and the bears haven’t had a good qb since the packers destroyed McMahon’s career means the bears will always suck is annoying as fuck. The two worst fan bases in American sports are cardinal fans and packer fans. Those two fan bases think they can never be a bad franchise every year. Both are about to go through close to a decade of incompetence.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheers! And for the record, I hate Vikings fans too. But, Packer fans take the cake. They think that just because they went from Favre to Rodgers and the bears haven’t had a good qb since the packers destroyed McMahon’s career means the bears will always suck is annoying as fuck. The two worst fan bases in American sports are cardinal fans and packer fans. Those two fan bases think they can never be a bad franchise every year. Both are about to go through close to a decade of incompetence.
I've been a Packers fan for 52 years. I remember John Hadl. I remember the 70s. I am fully aware of what can happen to the Packers after Rodgers retires. I remember the Charles Martin hit on McMahon. After 10 second of cheering, I've been in WTF mode ever since. Yea, I remember the Ken Stills hit on Matt Suhey as well, and don't condone that in any way.

Every team has their idiots and I can't change your past experiences, but just know that we are not all the kind of people you've come across in the past.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're welcome to take a flying fuck in a rolling donut. I watched and cheered the Packers in the 70's and 80's when they couldn't walk or chew gum, never mind at the same time. Back then I knew what shit was and I still do today...so for you to post this nonsense is ridiculous...and the Bear's fanbase has just as many annoying dickheads as the Packers, so don't post stupid shit like this.