• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you really can't blame him. If you got a change to go on to do bigger or better things in your job field you would take the opportunity right?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to be giving himself a great opportunity to finally win a CSHIP and he's putting himself in a great position to become an even better basketball player... Shame on him!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Adam Silver keeps his word about bringing the Sonics back.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to many Sonic games and had a blast. Played pool against The Glove at Gillian's...late night.
Was a STH' in `96 when they played the Bulls for the Championship. I am one of the few that thought if Nate MacMillen was healthy, he could have limited Jordan giving us a better chance of the title.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be great if Durant doesn't win a CShip in GS... Then Seattle finally get's their franchise when Durant's contract is up in GS... Durant then feels entitled to come back to Seattle to help them win a CShip... They go on and actually win the CShip...

That is a dream I had last night so yeah, i'm just dreaming... :yes:

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look forward to watching OKC's attendance drop to below that of what the sonic's were getting.

Give nevada an expansion team and give seattle the sonics back. Strip the prior history of the sonics away from OKC immediately after a new team is formed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Trump 2016

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move has an odd look for me. I mean....is this really all Durant thinks of his game and chance to win a title that he's resigned himself to more or less a "if you cant beat em, join em" type mentality? What if his only ring comes from joining what was already a championship team? Is he really gonna brag about that and are the "experts" really gonna use it when comparing him to other great players who didn't win? I would be more impressed if Durant went to an also-ran type team and took them to the Finals and lost than I will be if he gets one with the Warriors.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move has an odd look for me. I mean....is this really all Durant thinks of his game and chance to win a title that he's resigned himself to more or less a "if you cant beat em, join em" type mentality? What if his only ring comes from joining what was already a championship team? Is he really gonna brag about that and are the "experts" really gonna use it when comparing him to other great players who didn't win? I would be more impressed if Durant went to an also-ran type team and took them to the Finals and lost than I will be if he gets one with the Warriors.

I don't see any reason why he can't do what you're suggesting after his time in Oakland. He's only 27 now and his deal with Golden State is only for two years. If he wins a title or two in those two years with them, he'll still be plenty young enough to join a team that isn't already capable of winning the championship whether he's there or not.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a die hard Sonics fan and was until the day they were ripped from us. With that being said, my hatred for OKC is heavily weighed on the direct connections that remain on that team. Durant, Westbrook, and Collison are the three guys that once all are gone I could really give a shit whether they win or lose. The reality for me is I never wanted to see any of those three remaining guys hoist the trophy for that team and their owner. If that turd builds a winner thats fine, but on the backs of those drafted by the Sonics wasn't an option for me. One down with the other two likely to be gone fairly soon, and once that happens that team is officially OKC at that point.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you really can't blame him. If you got a change to go on to do bigger or better things in your job field you would take the opportunity right?

I don't blame him at all.

Who the hell wants to live in Oklahoma?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 year with a player option? I have to think he was looking for a home for a season before him and Westbrook team up again with the Lakers. They have nothing but cap space and Curry's going to be the guy with GS for a while.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cap is supposed to jump up again next year, and I believe Durant will be a 10-year vet next offseason, allowing him to get even more money under a max contract. That's why he signed a 1 year deal with a player option.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he left. Got to watch Durant in his rookie year in a Sonics jersey before that dickhead moved them to OKC. Hopefully they never win anything.

And how the F does Seattle not have an NBA team at the moment? That's just ridiculous.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad he left. Got to watch Durant in his rookie year in a Sonics jersey before that dickhead moved them to OKC. Hopefully they never win anything.

And how the F does Seattle not have an NBA team at the moment? That's just ridiculous.

For the same reason they lost it in the first place. Not giving corporate welfare to Billionaires.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the same reason they lost it in the first place. Not giving corporate welfare to Billionaires.

Ahhh......but that is not even the case in recent years!

Between Chris Hansen, and (previously) Steve Ballmer, they had more than enough money and related corporate backing that they could have EASILY brought a team into the area BUT they were blocked at every turn by the NBA.

Lets face it. The NBA has a personal vendetta against Seattle since they (we? whatever.) refused to publicly fully finance an massive expensive arena for essentially free. They have kept rallying against expansion. They went out of their way to bail out the Kings when their arena vote failed (where the fuck was this type of support for Seattle when this happened?). They chased Sterling out so Ballmer could buy them up and get him out of the Seattle support picture. The Atlanta thing just quietly petered out without ever really getting anywhere.

Fucking David Stern is a complete asshole. Silver needs to grow a set and start laying the foundation for his tenure by fixing the dickish moves of the past. He can start by righting the injustice that happened in Seattle.

Don't hold your breath though.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Between Chris Hansen, and (previously) Steve Ballmer, they had more than enough money and related corporate backing that they could have EASILY brought a team into the area BUT they were blocked at every turn by the NBA.

Lets face it. The NBA has a personal vendetta against Seattle since they (we? whatever.) refused to publicly fully finance an massive expensive arena for essentially free. They have kept rallying against expansion. They went out of their way to bail out the Kings when their arena vote failed (where the fuck was this type of support for Seattle when this happened?). They chased Sterling out so Ballmer could buy them up and get him out of the Seattle support picture. The Atlanta thing just quietly petered out without ever really getting anywhere.

Fucking David Stern is a complete asshole. Silver needs to grow a set and start laying the foundation for his tenure by fixing the dickish moves of the past. He can start by righting the injustice that happened in Seattle.

:amen:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So why all the vitriol towards the women on council who voted down the Ballmer plan, if it was the NBA who was responsible?

And to be clear, corporate welfare towards billionaires isn't buying them a stadium from tax dollars for FREE, the optics on that aren't good anywhere. It's buying them a stadium that's MOSTLY free, the %'s sliding around depending on the mood of the public in that area.

So, an an example, if you fly into DFW, and rent a car, you're helping pay off Jerry Jones goo-goo-plex that Arlington voters approved. How much money did various levels of govt put into CenturyLink? Even though Paul Allen could pay the whole shot with money he finds in his couch and pants pocket.

I don't disagree that the NBA didn't play nice with Seattle, BUT, if Howard Shultz hadn't gotten his feewings hurt by Seattle voters turning him down to do the same as Allen and Nintendo, then the NBA wouldn't have been able to screw Seattle.

Are there any shortage of assholes in the way the whole thing went down? Nope. Who's the biggest brown oozing starfish? Boo-hoo Shultz.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schultz is an ass who needs to redeem himself by donating a shitload of money to do some sort of big project at the Seattle Center.

My point was the with Hansen and Ballmer on board they had a good chance of building something without very much public financing. That boat seems to have sailed but I admire Chris Hansen for patiently playing the game for so long. Hope he is eventually successful.