• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant Believes The Greek Freak Can Become The GOAT

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said he sucks. He's actually one of my favorite players since he's well rounded and humble. The fact is I just notice the obviously more talented player when I see it and don't need 500 more games to make that determination.

Okay wiggy 2.0.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look @TheKlaw giving me a Bullshi t. Thanks for the bull shit I appreciate your contributions to the thread.

When people can't substantiate their claims they usually result in giving those little childish dislikes or bull shit rankings.

Meh that just means I won the debate and I'll accept that as them eating crow.

Come all and eat some crow, apologize for doubting KD as the profit. He knows talent when he see's it which is why he said Giannis can become the GOAT.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look @TheKlaw giving me a Bullshi t. Thanks for the bull shit I appreciate your contributions to the thread.

When people can't substantiate their claims they usually result in giving those little childish dislikes or bull shit rankings.

Meh that just means I won the debate and I'll accept that as them eating crow.

Come all and eat some crow, apologize for doubting KD as the profit. He knows talent when he see's it which is why he said Giannis can become the GOAT.
Ill stop giving you bullshit when you start talking correctly. Take it as how you want. If you're one of those who needs confirmation that "you won", i feel really bad for you as a human.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill stop giving you bullshit when you start talking correctly. Take it as how you want. If you're one of those who needs confirmation that "you won", i feel really bad for you as a human.

First off, I'm not talking I'm typing. Secondly, If by "talking correctly" you mean to just agree with your opinion blindly then no I don't do that. I have a discussion, reference statistics and the eye test and formulate an educated opinion and then discuss it with the group. I change my stance based on the performance level of the team and player and don't just agree with others because they want me too.

This is called a debate and there are winners and losers. If you can't handle that fact then don't start debating.

Thanks for your wonderful contributions and have a great evening.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever helps you sleep at night buddy.

You're either an idiot or a really bad troll. Nobody is saying the Greek Freak isn't an all around great player. But you're taking your fandom for him to a weird level.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I'm not talking I'm typing. Secondly, If by "talking correctly" you mean to just agree with your opinion blindly then no I don't do that. I have a discussion, reference statistics and the eye test and formulate an educated opinion and then discuss it with the group. I change my stance based on the performance level of the team and player and don't just agree with others because they want me too.

This is called a debate and there are winners and losers. If you can't handle that fact then don't start debating.

Thanks for your wonderful contributions and have a great evening.
People have legitimately given reasons on why this disagree with stats to back them up and you refuse to accept them. Therefore, you're a lost cause. Again, if you need to feel as if you've won to make yourself feel better, have at it. I'm choosing to end this "debate" because you refuse to see what everyone is saying to you. You'll never admit you're wrong. You're just one of those people, and that's okay. Just how you are.

I just so happen to not feel like dealing with your ignorance anymore, so that's why i said I'm done. Goodbye.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose this means we can't have MVP conversations until after 82 games because obviously anything before that is meaningless. :doh:

Yes, that's the logic of some of these fans or should I say illogical opinions. The fact is we can have a discussion on the MVP candidates throughout the season and change based on performance levels. It's not that difficult, and I'm sure you Cavs and Spurs fans have argued for your best player well before the end of the regular season.

Great Dayne

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're either an idiot or a really bad troll. Nobody is saying the Greek Freak isn't an all around great player. But you're taking your fandom for him to a weird level.

I'm not even a fan just acknowledging his superior performance level right now. I'm a fan more of Celtics player, Curry, and Kawi over Gannis at the moment. I understand you guys need more games to make an honest assessment but what I'm saying is the eye test is all I need right now because the gap between him and #2 is so large it's ridiculous not to at least acknowledge this.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ had a money mid-range, Giannis doesn't. Comparing MJ's shot to Giannis' is just dumb. MJ was around 34% for his career but in his prime he was pretty good. One year he shot 42%. Lebron is pretty much the same, he shot well in his prime as well.

The thing that is funny is....Giannis is entering his 5th season and he is 23 and is arguing entering his prime (you could say last year). Lebron was in his prime in his 2nd year, when he was 19/20 yp, straight out of high school. For him to surpass Lebron is going to be difficult enough bc if we already comparing careers Lebron made the playoffs in year 3 and took the champion Pistons to 7 games in the 2nd round. Then he beat the Pistons in year 4 and got his team to the Finals. Last year was Giannis' 4th year in the league lol. And lets remember Lebron did it with a lesser team around him and a 15 win team without him. But I guess it doesn't help that Giannis is going to have to beat Lebron to accomplish all those things, so the whole GOAT thing is a mute point. But he is a great talent and could someday be the face of the NBA, just a lot of others to compete with in this league and it isn't slowing down soon.

I don't disagree with the rest of your post, but keep in mind the NBA 3pt line was shortened in the year he shot 42%. And the following year, when he shot 37%. Not a coincidence either that these two years were the years he had the highest number of attempts.

Comparing Giannis to LeBron is dumb. LeBron is a top 5 player all time coming to the later part of his career. Giannis is 22.

Trying to compare them "at age xx" is also dumb. LeBron was historically polished and ready for the NBA at age 18. When the bucks drafted Giannis at age 18, most people had no idea who he was and the people that did know of him were concerned about his ability to immediately contribute because he was playing low level basketball in Greece. The thing is that is undeniable is how much he has continued to improve with each additional year.

To become a truly great player he needs to improve his technical abilities (patience, shooting, footwork, post game etc) by a ton, but he does have the physical attributes to let ones imagination run wild about what COULD happen if he is able to develop those skills.

Please lets not ruin Giannis and make half the world hate him because we all decided we should start comparing him to NBA legends. The guy is insanely talented, but he needs to do it for a full season first. And then do it consistently for 10 seasons before we can even think about thinking about who to compare him to.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with the rest of your post, but keep in mind the NBA 3pt line was shortened in the year he shot 42%. And the following year, when he shot 37%. Not a coincidence either that these two years were the years he had the highest number of attempts.

Comparing Giannis to LeBron is dumb. LeBron is a top 5 player all time coming to the later part of his career. Giannis is 22.

Trying to compare them "at age xx" is also dumb. LeBron was historically polished and ready for the NBA at age 18. When the bucks drafted Giannis at age 18, most people had no idea who he was and the people that did know of him were concerned about his ability to immediately contribute because he was playing low level basketball in Greece. The thing is that is undeniable is how much he has continued to improve with each additional year.

To become a truly great player he needs to improve his technical abilities (patience, shooting, footwork, post game etc) by a ton, but he does have the physical attributes to let ones imagination run wild about what COULD happen if he is able to develop those skills.

Please lets not ruin Giannis and make half the world hate him because we all decided we should start comparing him to NBA legends. The guy is insanely talented, but he needs to do it for a full season first. And then do it consistently for 10 seasons before we can even think about thinking about who to compare him to.

Awesome post man!

Thank you for your level headedness and objectivity.

I agree 100%. He looks great, but let's just all enjoy the ride instead of asserting greatness on the kid before he has truly earned it.

Fact is, greatness in the NBA is mostly defined by post season accomplishments, both individual and team. Having this conversation 3 games into the regular season at age 22 saying he has already earned it is silly at best.

I don't think anybody here is saying he can't get there or that he won't win the MVP this year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @this thread:

GreatDayne posts something stupid.

Posters call him out and say "no one can be stupider than this."

GreatDayne be like..."Hold my beer."

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its bad because i dont know which of them is worse.

Trust me...at this point, GreatDayne isn't in Wiggy's league.

He first needs to master the 15,000 word novella posts.

Once he has that down, we can work on ridiculously homeristic content. Although, judging by what I've read so far, that will be the easy part.