• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Kentucky vs Louisville

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think ive looked forward to a regular season game more than this in a very long time. it should be interesting

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking Pitino will put a forearm shiv on Calipari, and almost put out the lights...but Cal responds with an awesome chokehold to the neck...a mama said "knock you out" type of chokehold....then jumps up...mimes "call me" and wins with a slam.

Oh, and the Cats and Cyards are playing a game also. Cats will beat the birds by 8-14 pts.

The Cards will pull a Dave Alvin and play....a little wild and "out of control...so Cats using defense justifiably force the Cards to do a "good imitation of the blues"

Sorry....I have "Cat Scratch Fever" today:minion:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bend_The_Rim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the real games begin.

Kentucky: 81 - 68

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Louisville in this game at all, still haven't proven to have enough of an offense.

Kentucky takes them handily, say by 12-18 points, and it causes everyone to overreact to Kentucky's defense despite the fact that Louisville doesn't have a good offense to begin with.

Kentucky, 68-55.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess im in the minority. Kentucky's first true road game of the season. they have some experience this yr but still a lot of young talent. I think Kentucky pulls off a close one

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Louisville in this game at all, still haven't proven to have enough of an offense.

Kentucky takes them handily, say by 12-18 points, and it causes everyone to overreact to Kentucky's defense despite the fact that Louisville doesn't have a good offense to begin with.

Kentucky, 68-55.

I'd be curious to know what, in your mind, would qualify as people overreacting to Kentucky's defense?

As far as the game tomorrow, I won't make any predictions. I've seen too many years where one team is markedly better than the other (and while, yes, I do think the Cats are certainly better, this year, I'm referring to years where one team is on fire, and the other team kinda sucks, which is not the case this season), but it made no difference when they played each other. Rivalries like this mean all bets are off, at least in my view.

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing crys of 'greatest ever', I think they still have a ways to go before you hear any of that and have it be reasonable, they're scary good, but greatest ever isn't the next step yet.

If they hold Louisville to under 60, I feel like we'll hear people claiming it's the greatest ever, when the Cardinals offense isn't even necessarily that strong to begin with

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do whatever you want, but I'd just sit back and enjoy what should be a damn good game, instead of projecting what some might say if the game goes a certain way. I suppose I just don't really pay attention to that sort of thing. These days, folks are far too prone to hyperbole, especially commentators.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivalry games are always a "throw all the stuff you know out the window" type games. Records, players, coaches. This game has it. This game could be tight as a tick.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing crys of 'greatest ever', I think they still have a ways to go before you hear any of that and have it be reasonable, they're scary good, but greatest ever isn't the next step yet.

If they hold Louisville to under 60, I feel like we'll hear people claiming it's the greatest ever, when the Cardinals offense isn't even necessarily that strong to begin with

And yet Syracuse will get their ass thumped by Louisville....

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAME DAY - really looking forward to this one. Kats are beyond good this year. They know it,
we know it and the whole damn nation is about to coronet them. That’s cool - but I do believe
we’ll give them all they want. Strangely, the atmosphere has been uncharacteristically congenial
here in Ville. Louisville fans are hoping we keep the score respectable – Kat fans are convinced
otherwise – but all in all, I’ve not witnessed the normal contempt between our two camps and
normal disdain for one another has been adequately concealed. I’m guessing by noon today,
BBN’s confidence and enthusiasm will boil over and things will get fun again. Card fans will
get pissed off and won’t wanna hear that Big Blue shit and things will get back to normal around
here.

Obvious keys to the game:
Half-Court Offense –
No one, not even Louisville can take it inside on this UK team. We gotta knock down our
perimeter shots – not just threes – but everything that goes up, must go in.

Silly Fouls
Why is it that everyone believes that Harrell (and ONLY Harrell) will be the one in
foul trouble?

Turnovers
You make’em, you’ll pay for’em

Enjoy the game everyone and Good Luck to you too Kat fans

GO CARDS ! ! ! !

Last edited by a moderator:

elijah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,097.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't understand this..

On the forum everything finds it way back to your team. I never said that Cuse could take Louisville, I get that Cuse is having an awful year. We we're talking about Louisville-Kentucky, so why does Cuse come up?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do whatever you want, but I'd just sit back and enjoy what should be a damn good game, instead of projecting what some might say if the game goes a certain way. I suppose I just don't really pay attention to that sort of thing. These days, folks are far too prone to hyperbole, especially commentators.

Rivalry games are always a "throw all the stuff you know out the window" type games. Records, players, coaches. This game has it. This game could be tight as a tick.

Even the NC Florida team for Billy D that returned and repeated....they lost a few games during the season.

ukfb and lvillesooner reflect much how I feel. Though this UK team is as stacked as any I've seen..ever...this is still a rival game. For sure this game is one I'll watch over CFB any day any year. Ya just never know with these two. I'm getting goose bumps just knowing today's the day.

And I have very good friends and some family on both sides of this match up.

Good Luck ukfb and Lvillesooner. Two of my favorite posters of all time going head to head.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You better catch up cowboy. SU's record reflects a young team more than inability to play.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louisville and Kentucky might be the two best teams in College basketball. Today's game is going to be one of the better match ups in the country. Louisville is one of the very few teams that will not get shoved around inside, the strength of the Kentucky team. Playing at the Yum makes this one very close. I still like Kentucky to bring it on in the 2nd half.

LvilleSooner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Good Luck ukfb and Lvillesooner. Two of my favorite posters of all time going head to head."

Good to hear from you Jonvi and I always appreciate your perspective on not only Cuse athletics, but college sports across the board / any conference, any sport.

We definitely got us one for the ages today - at least it has all the makings of one. Also, in a game like this, we must always consider the X factor - that one player that flies in under the radar and makes a major contribution. As if the Harrisons aren't enough, I'm concerned about Devin Booker & Tyler Ulis. These two can flat out shoot and score from anywhere. Louisville must keep constant pressure on the perimeter and get in their jerseys. Bottom line is - we can't afford to squander offensive possessions. I believe if we can make small, quick penetration & kick the ball out to Rozie, Jones & Gill - we can get our shots off - - but they have to fall today.

It's goin on 11 Oclock & I'm headed for the gym - then for supplies - and on my couch before 2.

Go Cards.

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, IU and GTown going to OT likely. Thanks JT3 for being an idiot and not fouling before the 3 pointer by Ferrell.