• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kendall Fuller decision, so as not to fill the 2013 thread

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I've read it sounds like Kendall figured that VT had Clemson beat on football related things and Clemson had VT beat on non-football things (like atmosphere, pretty girls, things to do, etc.) That kinda supports my hypothesis that a major reason our recruits outperform their talent level is that they are more focused on football than the average recruit. Personally I think Blacksburg is awesome, but it seems most guys who come here do it for the football and not the atmosphere.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From everything I've read it sounds like Kendall figured that VT had Clemson beat on football related things and Clemson had VT beat on non-football things (like atmosphere, pretty girls, things to do, etc.) That kinda supports my hypothesis that a major reason our recruits outperform their talent level is that they are more focused on football than the average recruit. Personally I think Blacksburg is awesome, but it seems most guys who come here do it for the football and not the atmosphere.

I feel like Blacksburg is a place that has to grow on you. The top recruits visit amazing campuses where the weather is consistently nice so when they come to VT, the "Blacksburg weather" is probably kind of a turn off. I totally agree with the second half, though; if you're coming here focused on football, you have a much greater chance of succeeding than guys who are easily distracted.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendall Fuller is a Hokie

*Mr. Burns voice*

EXCELLENT!

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If you like nature, outdoors, mountains, clean air, pretty college campus and football, Blacksburg is awesome! If you want urban jungle, you need to go somewhere else.

That said, you make a good point. Blacksburg is a great place to get focused.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked at Clemson as an undergrad. It is actually very very similar to Blacksburg, just a lot hotter.

Greenville is similar to Roanoke, about half hour away. Both are more rural, in the woods and stuff. Both are the less pretentious school in the state and more ag/science focused.